Political Intrigue. With a Dash of Incest - Cover

Political Intrigue. With a Dash of Incest

 

Chapter 7

We met Jeff and his wife, Mary, who looked suspiciously like an older version of Jennie Lee, except a brunette, at the Sizzler Restaurant. During the course of the dinner, Lizzie accidentally knocked Mary’s plastic tumbler off the table, necessitating a new one. As surreptitiously as possible, Liz grabbed the tumbler, and placed it into her oversized purse.

I’ve had her take that purse with us before to restaurants, so we could fill it with the bread you get, to save some money at home. That restaurant-baked sourdough is really good stuff!

After dinner, we all hugged and shook hands, Jeff left the tip! I went back and added a ten-spot – he’s a cheap bastard too!

The next day, I took the plastic tumbler to Dr. Lloyd!


A month later, I got a call from Dr. Lloyd to come in and find out what was what, Liz came with me. We sat down in his office.

“David, I have the results of the tests you asked for. Calling the first two John Doe and Jane Doe, and the last one Betsy Doe, I can say with 98.87525% accuracy that Jane is the Daughter of Betsy, however John is not the father of Jane, but there are enough elements in common that he is related to Betsy’s father, perhaps a brother, or a consanguineous cousin. I felt like a forensic detective while I was working on this! I hope the results help you. Oh, by the way, I found a second set of matches, are you married to your biological sister?”

Wow! Talk about a shocking development?

“Uh, well ... Dr. Lloyd – I, uh, don’t know what to say?” I completely got kerfuffled over this pronouncement, and sat down.

Liz was still standing, having grabbed my hand as I started to cry.

“There, there – David, don’t worry? I have absolutely no intention of telling anyone about this. I would like to sit down with each of you at some point and interview you for a study about Genetic Sexual Attraction. My thesis back in college was about GSA, and the chance to interview someone who followed though. Do you two have any other brothers or sisters?” Dr. Lloyd asked.

“Yes Sir, we have an older brother John, 12 years older than I, and an older sister Lynn, 10 years older than I,” I responded.

“Well, they’re close enough in age to possibly have encountered the same phenomenon – Are they a couple as well?” the doctor asked.

“Sir, after the ‘Columbo’ moment that just happened, I’m not sure of anything?” I responded.

The doctor chuckled at my reference saying, “It’s more of a ‘Dr. Mark Sloan’ moment actually, isn’t it?”

Laughing out loud, I agreed! Liz and I left his office arm in arm as we headed home.


An important decision by the City Commissioners was coming up for a vote regarding funding for an additional local library building in a growing portion of Springfield. I doubt that Jeff ever was in a library in his life, however, the Clark County Library Board of Trustees presented to us their plan of expanding.

At our usual night before get together, Jeff explained his position.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.