Political Intrigue. With a Dash of Incest - Cover

Political Intrigue. With a Dash of Incest

 

Chapter 4

It was at the next meeting; Jeff Graham’s true colors appeared. The semi-rotund, self-effacing likeable guy became a mean-spirited person.

“So, Jeff we got the list of things we’re dealing with, what do you want to talk about first?” I asked.

“First, David – You can get off your soap-box about reducing taxes, and giving a raise to the police and teachers. We don’t have the money to give any raises unless we up the city sales tax by at least 25%?” Jeff said.

“My wife Elizabeth, looked over the budget and found money to do that very thing – she found money in two previously unknown bank accounts, Jeff. Plenty of money to give the raises and not having to raise any taxes.” I said.

“You had your wife look over the books of the city? What the hell for?” Jeff said angrily.

“She’s got the bookkeeping skills in the family, plus a bunch of schooling at OSU. She knows what she’s doing, Jeff?”

“YOU PRICK – I got you friends and money to run to become a City Commissioner, and now you think you and your ‘bookkeeper’ wife can just swoop in and save the day? I expect you to vote the same way I do on every issue regarding finances, or you’ll never get re-elected!” he leaned in real close to me and added, “and ... I’ll bury you!”


Later that night, at home ... I relayed the entire conversation to Liz, telling her that I was unsure of what to do about any of this.

“Davey, this guy is bad news, either he intimidates everyone like he did you, or he may have something on you he hasn’t dropped yet. Could he know about us?” Liz expressed.

“No, nobody does, that lives here – we’re safe Liz, I’m sure of it!” I said appeasing her.

At the Commissioners meeting the next night, I voted for all but one thing on the agenda, raising the price of admission to the Clark County Historic Museum. Jeff’s vote caused it to pass anyway.

Afterwards, Jeff pulled me over and said, “What the hell was that, David? You’re supposed to be voting yes when I vote yes, and no when I vote no, Do not attempt to grow a conscience? You hear me!”

“Or what?” I said, getting back in his face.

“Or I’ll tell everybody!”

“Tell everybody what?” I repeated.

“That you are having an affair with a high school student?” he answered.

“Who, exactly am I having this so-called affair with, Mayor?” I said with as much sarcasm as I could muster.

“Jennie Lee Porter!” he declared.

“My wife’s employee, the intern who helped my wife keep track of my finances through the election?” I said, “She’s 17, smarter probably than you are concerning finances, and she comes in twice a week to help Elizabeth balance the books – that Jennie Lee?”

“Exactly!” Jeff said with as much pompousness as he could muster.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.