Time Scope Part 2
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2017 by REP

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Jeb and Alicia met in Chicago. It was a whirlwind romance that started one morning and ended the same day with them deciding to get married. Two days later, they and the Time Scope Jeb had inherited returned to Seattle. They very quickly came to realize that the Time Scope was far more than what Granddad had explained in his letter. They quickly became the center of an intergalactic drama, which reshaped their lives and gave them an unexpected future.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   Politics   Slow  

While sipping on her mug of Helve, Relpt asks, “Vert, do you remember telling me about your premonition that things wouldn’t go the way everyone is expecting them to go?”

“Yeah. What of it?”

“Well, I was thinking about the events that have taken place since you said that. If I didn’t know better, I would say you’re part Zldat and can see the future.

“I mean, we all thought there were only two real options open to us before the Zldats contacted the First Offspring. Then, the First Offspring presents us with a third option. Now ... instead of just taking the new predictions back to the Supreme Royal Zldat, we are going to stay here and negotiate an alliance of some sort with the target planet.

“What’s the Rumor Conduit saying about this, Vert?”

“I’m not sure. I haven’t linked in to see for the past few days.”

You haven’t! Have you been sick? No, it can’t be that. I’ve been with you during the past few days and you weren’t sick. What’s going on?”

“I’m not sure, Relpt. I’ve had things going round and round in my head. In my free time, all I seem to do is think about those things.”

“Would it help to talk about things, Vert? That usually helps me when I have a problem.”

“No, but thanks. This isn’t exactly a problem. It’s more a private, personal thing than anything else.”

“Have you become fixated on one of our boy toys?”

Good God, NO! They are nice to play with, but I wouldn’t want one in my life forever. I think what is bothering me the most is this business with the First Offspring and an alliance.

“Oh, that. I don’t see why that is bothering you, Vert.”

“Relpt, I sometimes have to wonder about you. Somehow, you don’t seem to be in touch with what is going on around you.”

“I’m not that bad.”

Oh! Well let me define a few of my concerns.

“The First Offspring has spent two hundred and twenty Solar Revolutions on this planet, and she is not ready to leave. The reasons she doesn’t want to leave are she wants to negotiate an agreement with this planet and to conduct a breeding program on the planet. We could probably complete the agreement in several months. But for the First Offspring’s breeding program to have an impact on the people of this planet, she may have to stay on the planet for hundreds of Solar Revolutions.

“We will have to leave the planet no more than twenty-nine Solar Revolutions from now in order to get the updated predictions to the Supreme Royal Zldat. Do you want to spend the next twenty-nine Solar Revolutions in orbit around this planet, Relpt?”

“Ah, ... no, that is not something I want to do.”

“Even worse, Relpt, once we deliver the predictions to the Supreme Royal Zldat, he will probably want someone to remain near the First Offspring. That means a ship, likely ours, will have to return to this planet and remain here until the First Offspring is ready to return to her home world. Relpt, do you want us to be selected for that duty? After all, we are the logical choice!”

NO! ... I’m ready to go back now, Vert. If we have to spend much more time here, I’m going to be climbing the walls.”

“Now that is just the first thing that’s bothering me, Relpt. The second big thing is this Alliance Agreement the Zldats want to negotiate with the local people. I’ve tried to figure out how such an agreement can be negotiated without us making planet fall. Every scenario I have considered requires us to make planet fall on multiple occasions. The first trip will be the most dangerous, because the locals’ paranoia will be in control and they are likely to shoot at us. If you recall, they have weapons that can destroy a shuttle. As Thelt said, we will be the ones to go down to the First Offspring’s location. If we don’t remain planet side, we will undoubtedly be on the shuttle every time it makes planet fall. Do you want to be shot at, Relpt?”

No thank you! I would rather avoid that experience.”

“Good. Now the next thing bothering me...”

“Wait a moment, Vert. You don’t have to go on. I’m convinced we have a lot to worry about. I’m glad you’re doing the worrying for us. I don’t think I can handle thoughts like those. I’d rather just do what I’m told, when I’m told to do it. Thinking about things like that is just not my thing.”

“I know that, Relpt. That is why I like to talk about ideas and possibilities with you. I get to express myself to someone who can give me a fresh viewpoint. Talking with you is especially helpful when things get too depressing.”

“Vert, I don’t want you to go into everything now, but is there any one thing that is really bothering you that you need to talk with me about?”

“Yes, there is. Right now, our two Zldats are talking with the First Offspring. The First Offspring is establishing a communications link with the local that thinks he owns the First Offspring. If I understand it correctly, this local is just an average citizen. This creates two potential problems.

“The first problem is how will an average person gain the attention of the planetary leaders, so we can begin negotiations? In conjunction with this problem, is the question: does the planet have planetary leaders? From what little I’ve heard, they don’t. They have many leaders, which makes this problem even more complex.

“The second of the two problems is the probable reaction of the local authorities when they learn of the First Offspring’s presence on the planet. I think they will attempt to take the First Offspring into what they call ‘protective custody’. The First Offspring will complain to our two Zldats about being forcibly separated from her Bearer. The Zldats will instruct Shimlt to go down and recover the First Offspring using force, and transport her here or wherever the First Offspring wants to go.

“That means we will no longer be restrained by Full Diplomatic Protocol, so we will make planet fall with all of our assault equipment and weapons. Considering the nature of the local’s paranoia that will probably result in us starting a war between the planet and the Empire. We know that they can’t win such a war, but our Patrol Group and Ship will be blamed for starting the war. That will cause problems for us; assuming we survive making planet fall and return to the ship while being shot at by the locals.”

“You were right, Vert, we do have a lot to worry about. Just listening to you define that problem has ruined this Ship Day for me. Do you have any idea how we can avert this war?”

“No. That is part of what I was thinking about when we sat down to drink our Helve, and we started this conversation. Besides, even if I did have a solution, the Zldats and Ship Commander Shimlt won’t be interested in my opinions. Speaking of further discussion, are you ready for another mug?”

Checking her communications tablet, Relpt says, “No, I’ve an appointment in about half a time unit, so I should have just enough time to finish this mug and get to the appointment.”

The two friends sit in silence. Relpt contemplating the possibility of a war, and Vert wondering if she has planted enough rumor material in Relpt’s mind.


Thelt’s admin looks at Vert and asks, “Can I help you?”

“Yes,” Vert says, “I need to speak with Explorer Leader Thelt about a task he asked me to do.”

“One moment. I’ll see if he has time to speak with you,” the admin says.

“He is free and can see you now, just knock and go straight into his office.”

“Sir, Trooper Vert requesting permission to speak with you, Sir.”

“At ease, Vert. Sit down and relax. Now what do you need to talk with me about?”

“It took a while, Sir, but I think I found a way to ensure our shipmates will accept our having to remain in orbit for one or more Solar Revolutions.

“I would appreciate your informing Ship Commander Shimlt that she will shortly be hearing rumors about us starting a war with the people of the target planet. It would be best to let those rumors circulate.”

War, Vert! What type of rumor did you start, and why?”

“Well, Sir, I was having problems coming up with a way to persuade our shipmates to accept us staying here for a long time. Then it occurred to me that if given a choice between two unpleasant things, they would look favorably on the least unpleasant option. Coming up with a truly unpleasant thing that was worse than remaining here for several Solar Revolutions was the hardest part of the task. After that, it was fairly easy.

“The most unpleasant thing I could think of that would apply to our current situation was for the Exploration Council and the Exploration Force to blame us for starting a war with the people of the target planet.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.