Time Scope Part 2 - Cover

Time Scope Part 2

Copyright© 2017 by REP

Chapter 3

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Jeb and Alicia met in Chicago. It was a whirlwind romance that started one morning and ended the same day with them deciding to get married. Two days later, they and the Time Scope Jeb had inherited returned to Seattle. They very quickly came to realize that the Time Scope was far more than what Granddad had explained in his letter. They quickly became the center of an intergalactic drama, which reshaped their lives and gave them an unexpected future.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   Politics   Slow  

The day after we returned home, one of the first things I did was to type a Letter of Resignation addressed to the software company where I worked. Later that day, I went in to work and cleaned out my office cubicle and desk. After saying goodbye to my coworkers, at least those I was friends with, I delivered my resignation to my boss.

He was upset with me for not giving the traditional two-week notice. I let him know that I would have given him more notice, but I had no intention of putting up with him complaining about the unfairness of my being away from work for a week and then quitting when I returned. Once the company’s HR department finished processing my termination paperwork, I returned home to Alicia. She wanted me to take her to her mom’s house, so she could pick up some clothing and a few additional items.


Tuesday afternoon, Alicia said, “Jeb, how long will it be until you receive granddad’s estate?”

“I’m not sure, Alicia. According to Sam, it could take a couple of months, or possibly more than a year. Why do you want to know?”

“Well, I would like for us to get a larger place to live. There are also a number of amenities that would be nice for us to have, and then there is the cost of our wedding and honeymoon. All of that will take a good bit of money.

“Granddad recommended keeping a low profile regarding how you gain your wealth. If we get married in two weeks, then I will become Alicia Connor. Until then, I’m Alicia Creswell, and Alicia Creswell can win a great deal of money between now and the time we get married. Especially, if we delay the wedding for a couple of weeks. Then, once we marry ... Alicia Creswell will disappear and no one will connect her lottery winnings with Alicia Connor.”

“Are you telling me that people will forget a beautiful, single woman winning a great deal of money; regardless of what name she is using? I’m thinking that if we use the Time Scope to determine the winning lottery numbers, every time you collect your winnings your photo will end up in the newspapers. People will remember you; especially if you win the Lottery more than once.”

“Yes, that could happen. However, what if I apply my makeup in a way that makes me seem dowdy and I wear dresses that hide my figure. I think that I can make myself look unappealing and uninteresting.

“I can create several personas and alternate between them. Heavy garish makeup, some gum, and a revealing slutty dress would make me look like a stripper or call girl. A heavy application of makeup in the wrong color scheme, unkempt hair, and a plain everyday outfit makes me an unsophisticated, downtrodden housewife who doesn’t care about her appearance. The right makeup properly applied, a nice hairstyle, and a power suit would make me a sophisticated businesswoman. I doubt people will link photos of the everyday me with the photos they see in the media.”

“I find it hard to believe people would not see your natural beauty, Alicia. However ... if you want to try it, we need to find out the current predicted jackpot totals for Powerball and MegaMillions, which are the ones that normally have the highest jackpots. We can each do it at least once, but we will really need to consider whether it is wise to do it twice.”

After checking her computer, Alicia says, “Jeb, according to the Lottery’s website, the next Power Ball drawing is Wednesday and the jackpot is estimated at about two hundred and thirty-five million. The MegaMillions drawing is on Friday and its jackpot is estimated at over hundred and eighty-five million.”

“Okay, Alicia, let me setup a spreadsheet, so we can estimate what the cash payout is after income taxes. We don’t have to pay State Income Tax, so while I’m setting up the spreadsheet’s formulas, you can check on the maximum Federal Tax Rate for last year.”

“Why, Jeb? The website said they would withhold twenty-five percent of the money and give it to the IRS.”

“True. But at tax time, Uncle Sugar will want the rest of the taxes due him, and I suspect that’s going to be a good bit more than twenty-five percent.”

Several minutes later, Alicia says, “It was forty point two percent, Jeb.”

I finished creating the formulas and said, “Okay, assuming this year’s tax rate is also forty point two percent and assuming that we take the cash payout on both lotteries, we should get a total of around a hundred and fifty-six million after taxes, if ours are the only winning tickets.”

“Are you sure of that, Jeb? It doesn’t sound right to me for us to win almost four hundred and twenty million and only get one hundred and fifty-six million.”

“I know what you mean, Alicia. However, the published jackpot amount is what we would receive if we took the deferred payment option instead of the cash payment option. The cash payment option is about sixty percent of the deferred payment amount. The deferred payment plan’s amount is based on the Lottery’s income from people buying lottery tickets being invested for twenty years. The interest and dividends accrued in twenty years is why the deferred payment option is so much higher than the cash option. Then we lose forty percent of the cash payment amount to Uncle Sugar for Federal Income Tax. The overall result is, our after-tax winnings are about thirty-six percent of the deferred payment amount.

“Still, our total winnings after taxes should meet all of our financial needs for at least the next five to ten years. I say let’s do it for once escrow closes we won’t need to use the Time Scope to win money.

“We can take a quick trip into Redmond and buy the first ticket. I don’t think we should buy the winning tickets locally or in the same city for that would draw attention to our area and to us. What do you say?”

“Yeah, I can’t wait, Jeb.”

“All right, let me setup a spreadsheet so we can determine the Time Scope detent settings for Rings 1 and 2. Then we can get the Time Scope and look at the dining room table. If we put the paper on the table next Thursday and Saturday, we should be able to read the results of Wednesday and Friday nights’ drawings.”

I figured out the settings for Rings 1 and 2 of the Time Scope; so I could read Thursday’s and Saturday’s paper. I then set Ring 1 to its fifth detent position and Ring 2 to its first detent position. If my calculations were correct, we should be looking about one point eight to two point eight days into the future; the exact time being dependent on the position of Ring 3.

After setting Rings 1 and 2 to the appropriate settings, I looked at the dining room table using the Time Scope. I adjusted Ring 4 to focus on the view of the table with the newspaper on it, but the paper wasn’t there.

I assumed that the setting of Rings 1 and 2 must be wrong, so I went back and double-checked my calculations. What I finally figured out was, I calculated the number of hours wrong. Yes, the drawing was less than two days from now, but in my rush, I had planned on spreading the paper on Thursday morning. I didn’t think of it, but I received the afternoon paper. I wouldn’t get the afternoon paper until almost 10 hours after I planned to spread the lottery results on the table. I should have set Ring 2 to Detent Position 2, and looked further into the future.

After resetting Ring 2’s position, I started scanning through the time range using Ring 3. I could see Alicia and me spreading the paper with the Power Ball drawing results on the table. Once our future selves finished spreading the newspaper and moved away, I moved closer and adjusted the focus using Ring 4.

The odd thing about this was, after our future selves had spread the newspapers, they turned and started walking back to the front room. I watched as they very carefully detoured around the spot where Alicia and I were currently standing. That seemed odd, until I thought about what it would feel like to walk through someone who was watching me. Especially when it would be me walking through me.

Yeah, intellectually I know that Alicia and I weren’t there, and I know we would not have walked through ourselves. However, the thought still bothered me. Maybe I will get used to it in the future. After all, every day I walk though places in my apartment where I had stood on prior days and never think anything about it. Somehow, this seemed different. Maybe it was because I was aware that my past self had been in that specific spot watching me through the Time Scope, so I avoided walking where I knew I had been standing. I will probably continue walking around myself until I get used to using the Time Scope.

Come to think of it, why did I wait to let our future selves get out of the way before I moved forward? They aren’t here with me, so I wouldn’t have bumped into or disturbed them, and they wouldn’t be there until sometime in my future.

After Alicia and I walked up to the table and I readjusted the focus control, I read the winning numbers off to Alicia. Moving over to the empty half of the table, I reset the Rings 1 and 2 for Saturday evening. Looking at the table, I adjusted Ring 3 until I could read Saturday’s newspaper. I read off the winning numbers for the MegaMillions grand prize, and Alicia wrote them down. While reading the results, I also noticed that there had been only one winning ticket in both lotteries.

Come to think of it, I hadn’t removed Thursday’s newspaper from the table, so I could have just set the Time Scope for Saturday evening and read both sets of winning numbers off to Alicia without having to reset the Time Scope. Oh well, live and learn.

It was early evening and tomorrow was Wednesday, so with the pad of paper listing the winning numbers in our hot hands, we went looking for a place to buy a winning Powerball lottery ticket. We ended up at a store in Redmond, which is in metropolitan Seattle. We then considered where we should buy the MegaMillions ticket. I felt that two winning lottery tickets in one week in one city might cause questions. If two tickets were purchased at the same store, or nearby, it was almost a certainty someone would be suspicious. So, we decided to take the time to drive down to Olympia and buy our second ticket there.

Well, as I said, live and learn. We had to submit both tickets to Washington’s Lottery Headquarters Office in Olympia. I hadn’t thought of it when we started this venture, but we also had to give them our Social Security Numbers. If Alicia or I collected on multiple winning tickets, our wins would be linked by our Social Security Numbers and multiple major wins would cause us problems. So, we decided that Alicia would collect on one ticket, and I would collect on the other.

Having to give our Social Security Numbers would cause us problems here in Washington in the future if we won another large Lottery prize. If the state Lottery offices didn’t share information, we may be able to win the lottery in other states without our repetitive wins being detected. However, if they did share information, then my thoughts of winning multiple lottery drawing without being detected just flew out of the window. I guess we could go for another win in fifteen or twenty years. That may not be suspicious. But if it was, they couldn’t prove anything.

Humm! If I were to create a random number generator that accepted unpredictable values from three or four electronic sources and used those numbers to generate Lottery ticket numbers as random numbers, there would be no way someone could prove that I selected the winning numbers using a different method.

I could say I ran my random number generator and then played the resulting numbers every week. That would create a track record of my gambling habit. If I actually used the Time Scope and bought tickets that missed the jackpot prize by one number that would win me a few million dollars. It would also validate the idea of my random number generator producing good results, which would support my occasional major jackpot win. I would need to design the random number generator using some historical lottery results data; so my random numbers had some relationship to the lottery. I will have to think about this before I buy more winning tickets.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.