Sunny Too - Cover

Sunny Too

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 24

When I came back I was carrying my slim pac ‘chute. It wasn’t great but I might break both my legs ... at least I wouldn’t be at terminal velocity when I stopped.

“Your parachute?”

“Yeah. Remember ... I’m older. I know I’m not immortal.”

Charles patted the cushion on the left seat. “I’m sitting on mine.”

The right seat had a real Cessna cushion.

I slapped the tarmac, “Remember, the butt stops here.”

“Boo ... hiss, hiss ... snarl,” said Abby. She shook her finger like she was reprimanding a naughty puppy. “Bad pun, Daddy. Bad pun.”

My flight was two circuits with a T&G in the middle. We landed successfully.

Charles suggested we take the final for ground school... “So you’ll know what you don’t know.”

Abby passed the damn thing ... one hundred percent. Smart daughters ... i!ii. (in case you didn’t know ... that’s the nasty finger.)

My adventurous nature had always wanted to fly. My frugal brain refused to spend the money...

We have hundreds ... nay ... millions of dollars ... but spending money on me is the last thing on my mind ... Cheapskate!

Now that we held a patent from the Queen, we were mining at a sustainable pace. Bowen sold us permanent right-of-way for one percent. The queen took 30 percent ... but most of something is better than nothing of something. Royalty laws could do that ... at least she was decent about it. What we had before, we kept. What the old girl didn’t know...


I’d like to say we were steaming full speed ahead. At least we were going full speed ... just not necessarily ahead. The SNJ shipment wasn’t as advertised. We paid for 40 ... we got 20 ... and 19 F8F Bearcats ... and one F7F Tigercat twin.

“But ... Sir!” Abby was on the cellphone to the Chilean Admiral ... he was all, “No spik enlis,” and, “No comprehendo.”

“You spoke perfectly good english when you took my money!” she said.

Finally, after he’d had his laugh, he said, “Listen, little girl. You bought 40 decommissioned military aircraft. You got 40 aircraft. I tell you ... you are lucky to get any ... Hollywood was so very persuasive ... so sue me.”

“But ... but...” she spluttered.

“The Bearcat? She is three million dollars alone and you have nineteen. Sell what you don’t want ... make money, big money.”

“Sir! I don’t want big money ... I have big money ... what I have is principals ... and you’re stepping all over them.”

“You have big money? I should come ... sweep you off your feet ... marry you. Where do you live?” “Hello?” “Hello?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.