Sunny Corner - Cover

Sunny Corner

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 19

If there is one thing a Social Government Agency responsible for the welfare of children hates ... and yes ... a Governmental Agency can hate ... after all ... they are the sum of their human parts ... it is opposition. Those parts firmly believe that what they do is RIGHT and GOOD and since they are RIGHT and GOOD and in the BEST INTERESTS OF THE CHILD, therefore any opposition whatsoever is EVIL and WRONG and NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD.

The ACFCSS suddenly realized that, given present circumstances, they were going to lose.

“If it please the court, the State seeks the indulgence of a delay in proceedings.”

“Certainly,” said her honor, “While the States gets its ducks in a row, the Orphan Girl is remanded to the custody of her father.”

OOPS!

Ms Wren was right on it. “Meeting in Chambers, Your Honor?”

“Certainly. State and Plaintiff will meet me in chambers in fifteen minutes.”

Fifteen minutes later, there was a huge sigh and the sound of flushing issuing from the chamber in the Chambers. Her Honor emerged disrobed, shed her wig and seated herself behind a rather homey old desk.

The Bathurst Courthouse (circa 1880) faces Russell Street and is Neo-Classical with an octagonal Renaissance dome. It was designed by colonial architect James Barnet and is superbly situated in the heart of the city. Bathurst’s most distinguished public building, it is regarded by the National Trust as one of Australia’s finest examples of Victorian public architecture. The entire structure is 81 meters long and 45 meters wide.

Chambers in the building were designed to induce awe and as such are imposing examples of expert carpentry ... dark highly polished woods and hard floors tell the petitioner their place in the cosmos. The desk was incongruous with its surroundings.

The judge called her clerk who took requests for coffee, tea or water.

When we were served and reasonably comfortable

“What’s up Jenny?” asked the judge.

“Your Honor...”

“Please, SJ ... you too, State.”

“While my client can absolutely afford the ready to support his child it would set a precedent, an unwelcome precedent, if he and his situation were treated in any other manner than that which widows are treated by the State. Public Assistance is rife among the widows ... as it should be. They are not required to seek employment ... they have a full time job ... child rearing.

“There’s a War going on ... and while Australia is not fully involved we do suffer casualties.”

“That’s reasonable,” said SJ.

State immediately began to bluster. They were not happy with the situation.

“No man can raise a daughter ... it’s just ... perverted. She needs to be guided by the Church.”

“State ... you have a dirty mind.”

“Your honor, I object.”

“We’re not out front, State. Object and be damned.”

“I remind you that there is a rethinking about the evolvement of the Church and its conduct with orphans. The investigation is ongoing but it’s current state isn’t looking good for the church run orphanages,” said Jenny.

“Rumors, innuendo and outright lies,” claimed State.

SJ said, “State, you will immediately present the child to the court ... and don’t think you can get away with a switch because DNA testing is hereby so ordered.”

She turned to me, “What are you going to name her?”

“Abby ... in honor of her mother.”

“Abigail, an old fashioned name.”

“No ... Abby ... Just Abby ... for her mother. My wife had no last name until she married me.”

The look decided me.

“Abby was the progeny of multiple child rapes, your honor, beginning with the Japanese in Bali, and ending with her mothers rape by the head of her orphanage.”

“That’s a bald-faced lie,” said State.

“Consider yourself fortunate you’re a woman,” I said.

“Why?”

“Were you a man, I’d meet you outside,” I said. “Because I’m too much of a gentleman to turn you over my knee and treat you to a bit of Rosie.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.