A Christmas Storm
Chapter 11: Talking on Her Own

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

Gail took the mic and said, “KM4ZRF here. Todd found my name this morning and I am thrilled to get on the air with my own call. I haven’t looked outside but it’s a beautiful day. I’m very happy in formalizing this first big step in my ‘hamming.’ I’m looking forward to many years of talking to all of you wonderful people. I also thank Todd for his help and for introducing me to ham radio in the first place. KM4ZRF. Charles, where do I send it? I wasn’t ready to be first.”

As the rotation went around, everyone offered Gail their congratulations. It was my turn. I said, “KA4D here. I think it’s marvelous. Gail is smart, beautiful, and a genuinely nice person. I’m proud to call her my friend and have been glad to offer her the slight help I have been as she studied and successfully passed both her Tech and General tests in the same evening. It is a good day. K4GK from KA4D.”

The net went on and we participated in it enjoyably. Finally, I offered my seventy-three and cleared off. Moments later, it was Gail’s turn and she did the same. After that was acknowledged, she switched the radio off.

“Todd, did you mean what you said about me?”

“Of course. Why would I lie?”

“Then, swing your chair around.” I looked curious but did it. Gail was in my lap with her arms around me kissing me hard. We came up for air.

I looked into her eyes. I liked what I saw. “Sweet lady, if I’m thanked like that. I will try to help more often.”

“Todd, you are and have been good for me and to me. Being around you makes me a better person and more aware that I’m still one of God’s children.”

I looked shocked. “Gail, you never ceased to be one of His children.”

“I know that now but I had moved far away from God. You showed me the path back. Todd, you did more. You gave me hope when my job ended. You gave me comfort when Carl threatened. Your charity even extended to Amy and I know you don’t really approve of her life style.

“I’m falling in love with you. I keep looking for faults and for reasons to back off emotionally. I have yet to find one.” She kissed me again. I helped by kissing her back.

After a while, I shifted to get up. We stood and walked into the kitchen with our arms around each other’s waists. Gail said, “I guess that I need to feed you. I want you to keep your strength so you can resist Amy. On the other hand, I want you weak to not resist me.” She gave me that impish smile that I had come to relish.

“My resistance to you is pretty low even when I fully fed and at full strength.”

She smiled again and started preparing lunch for the two of us. We sat down and prayed. As we ate, Gail asked, “Todd, is there anything we need to do today?”

“Need. No, I guess not. We can put together your QRZ page with a picture or two. I should go outside to check the barn. I can’t think of anything else. It’s Tuesday so we shouldn’t need any groceries unless I am informed differently by my housekeeper.”

“Todd, I hadn’t thought of QRZ but we can do that. I’m not sure about pictures though. I do need to look at groceries since there are three of us now. What’s out in the barn?”

“I like to know my barn is okay. There shouldn’t be anything to do other than look. I also have an extra two meter radio and antenna which we could install in and on your car.”

“I would like to have a radio. I want to be with you. I want us to talk some more.”

“Gail, we just need to let things develop at their own pace. Let’s enjoy what’s happening and let some time creep in so you can determine my actual creepiness.” I grinned.

She grinned back. “Would you be inclined to creep into my bed one night?”

“There would be no creep. I would have to be invited and it’s too soon for that. You aren’t Amy and I’m not Jack.” I smiled at her as gently as I could.

“Okay, Todd. I agree on all three items. Let’s check the barn.”

We went out to the barn to find it in fine shape. I went to a shelf and retrieved a two meter radio and a mag-mount antenna along with coax I also picked up a couple of connectors for the electricity and a few simple tools. Gail helped me carry everything back in and to the garage. I had closed the barn but didn’t lock it this time.

We spent an enjoyable afternoon. First, we installed the two meter radio in Gail’s car and tested it. She did the talking using her call sign. I had used that radio regularly until about a year ago. It was programmed with all the local repeaters. Gail made contacts on the Stone Mountain and Conyers repeaters. She was happy. I got kissed there in the car.

The second thing was to set up her QRZ page. I talked her into putting on her green dress and letting me take a picture of her. She then went in and changed back into her shorts and a tee shirt. I talked her into standing at the door and kicking her foot back like she had done to me once. The picture was tantalizing! We also did one of her sitting at the radio holding the mic like she was talking. We managed to use all three on her page. I was kissed again with her in my lap.

We finally came up for air panting a little. She said, “I hope you like that because I plan to kiss you frequently.” I got that smile again.

“When you give me that smile, it’s very difficult to disagree with you.”

“Difficult but not impossible.”

“Correct.”

“I’m going to have to work on my kissing and my smile until your defenses are lowered to zero.”

“Gail, they’re pretty low now.” I got that smile again.

We went into the kitchen and she started supper preparations. “Todd, I want to eat early enough to check into the Georgia net tonight.”

“Okay. I think a monster has been unleashed.” I grinned. “What can I do to help you cook?”

“Considering that isn’t your talent, very little. However, I think you are teachable. We’ll start with something simple. Here’s a cutting board and a sharp knife. I want you to cut up these carrots. Here’s how.” She demonstrated on one carrot leaning over me and showing some delightful cleavage. She looked at me and grinned. “Todd, my hands are down there and my eyes are way up here.”

“Caught me.” I whispered.

She straightened and grinned. “Cut up the carrots.” She went back to her preparations. Our meal was close to finished when Amy came in from her job. She came into the kitchen and sniffed. “Smells good. Gail, you must be cooking.”

“Hi, Amy. Of course. The only cooking Todd does is punching numbers for delivery.” She laughed at my “innocent” look.

“If it’s almost done, I’ll change.” She headed toward her bedroom.

Gail whispered to me. “Brace yourself.”

A couple of minutes later, Amy walked into the kitchen. Forewarned was good because she was showing a lot of skin. She was wearing a pair of shorts that, if they had more material, could be classified as “Daisy Dukes” with a “boob tube” for a top. It was obvious she wasn’t wearing a bra. The top showed her nipples. I wouldn’t take bets on panties. Her shorts were both low on the hips and high on the thigh with cut-outs in strategic places.

I was prepared so didn’t gasp or drool. Actually, not drooling wasn’t difficult since Amy’s figure, though good, wasn’t in the same league as Gail’s. I kept my eyes high. “Amy, how was work today?” I asked.

“Pretty much normal. It’s a crappy job but I never got a full degree so I’m stuck as an AA. It pays reasonably well and the company is solid. My reviews have always been good so I’m in pretty solidly. It’s just probably going nowhere so I look elsewhere for action.”

“I somewhat understand. Gail has news.”

Gail was smiling. “My license came through. I’m now KM4ZRF. After supper, I’m going to play radio with Todd using my own call sign.”

“Congrats.” She looked at me. “What does all that mean?”

I looked at Gail to answer. She said, “I took and passed the tests for my licenses last Thursday. That has to be reported to the FCC and they issue a license. Licenses are issued in sequence and that’s mine. After I take and pass the Extra test, I can get a shorter call like Todd has.”

I could tell that Amy wanted to draw me into the conversation but I was avoiding it. Where I had found Gail to be tantalizing and sensual, Amy was merely sexual. I had decided that the direction she was trying to move me was not one in which I wanted to go. On the other hand, Gail wouldn’t be that suggestive which was good because I would want to take her up on her suggestions. I knew she wasn’t that way which was part of why she was so appealing.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.