Business as Unusual
Chapter 28

Copyright© 2017 by autofocus

Sex Story: Chapter 28 - Orphaned computer nerd assembles huge team of assorted housemates as he discovers his solitude/orphanitude ain't a bit like the brochure. Spies, bad guys and family lurk around every corner. Atypical days in NYC are the norm.

Caution: This Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Crime   Humor   Mystery   Workplace   Extra Sensory Perception   Incest   Brother   Sister   Daughter   Cousins   Light Bond   Group Sex   Harem   Orgy   Black Female   White Male   Oriental Female   Hispanic Female   Indian Female   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Sex Toys   Voyeurism   Public Sex   Small Breasts   Nudism   Politics  

“WE?”

“You know what I mean. I’m your age and still a girl, but what I need and want is space and time to be me. ‘Me’ existed way back, but then came wife, Mom and doctor. My ‘me’ goals got buried for a while. I have to spread my wings before the feathers fall out.” She smiled, “Mom and doctor will keep me busy for a while. I don’t anticipate a berserker in my foreseeable future. If I need one, I know where to look.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. There may be an opening in a dozen or so years.” I did my worst ‘Groucho’ face. “Want to do the heavy lifting for Maggie?”

“I hear our daughters calling. Get back to me in a dozen or so years.”

That much was true. The Pulaskis and Browns were here to escort us home and to guard Maggie. It was late.

On the way back to the waiting room, Phoebe crudely asked another nosy question. “Why the six still on deck if you’re such a beast? Surely you have had ample chance to break them in. You popped your sisters on first sight.”

“You used to have a way with words. What happened to it?” I laughed. “The time has to be right. Opportunity is not enough reason to take such a huge step. We’ll know when.”

“What we need, when we need it. See? You are a nice guy.” She grinned, “Get over it!”

“Dr. Dunhill in the recovery room recommends keeping Ms Riker asleep for a few hours longer, Dr. McLean. He strongly recommends a long night’s rest in the ICU for her comfort.” Nurse Rappaport met us first, handing Phoebe a clipboard. One look and she fist punched the air.

“Labs look good. Numbers are great. If Rockford Dunhill is happy, I’m happy. Overnight in ICU it is.” She explained to me. “I’m the kick ass oncologist around here and the reigning Queen of the Trauma Center. Not bragging, Mark. The records don’t lie. Everyone at West End is the best. If I can keep patients breathing long enough for him to get his mitts on, Rocky is the best at keeping them that way. Fools and corpses ignore his advice. If he says Maggie needs peace and quiet, take it to the bank.”

Mavis and Ella strolled up. “Listen to her, Dr. Allyn. Mavis and I bring accident victims here you would swear were terminal. Most are still walking around today. If it’s not cancer or some disease from hell, merely massive physical destruction, Rocky is the go-to guy. Wilma Gatwick is your doomsday disease doctor. Dr. Phoebe is the one when the cells go nuts.”

“Hi, girls. You are the night watchers?” Melba waved a greeting.

“Powers-that-be powerful rather insisted.” Mavis bowed. “S.W.A.T. EMTs saving the world once again.”

The nurse perked up. “What’s up with the ‘Doctor’ Allyn?”

“Not medical, but you couldn’t tell. Our science doctor has a knack for knowing the right stuff when he needs to. Remember that little OD girl Marion, Bobby and Sal brought in?” Ella asked. “She is alive because he refused to let her die on his watch and had the chops to cheat the Reaper. Those kids from Sixteenth Street? Dr. Allyn and his girls set the wheels rolling to get them out, too, with the tools to make it legal.”

“It’s like this, Nurse Rappaport. Amy and I suspected bad news when she saw the perps’ faces. We saw them drug that girl. Jeff and Matt called in the warrant. Beth and Caralyn convinced them to talk. These guys loosed the search party while we were dealing with the devil over that little soul. Even the restaurant manager played a part.”

“Good people step up if their number is called.” I pointed to each girl. “The very bad guys showed up. Frieda covered our six when we had to fight our way out and brought the cavalry later. Maggie drove the bus through heavy weapons fire to get the girls without combat experience to safety. Kelli helped shoot their way through the bad guys. The other twenty-five of us did what needed to be done at the Bowery.”

“It was not just us. Nell and Emma’s friends risked their lives. Linh, Luz and June’s coworkers kept the bad guys busy on the other street. The girls on the bus kept the invaders out of the house on the Bowery.” Ellie said. “Everybody did their part.”

Amy backed me up. “We didn’t do it for credit or praise. Our number was called. We did our duty as humans and stepped up. That simple. It was dirty, awful work, not something to be proud of, but we were the only ones in position and able to do it. That we took down a few hundred terrorists is more a testament to their arrogance than anything else. If they had done their homework as well as us, they would have prepared instead of depending on fear and superior numbers. We girls don’t scare easy, are very, very good fighters and we have a smart leader, but it could have ended differently.”

“We would be scared. Daddy, were they Mr. Wagner’s red guys?” My twins did the twin thing. Four sets of NYPD eyebrows hit the ceiling in surprise. Matt noticed my sisters, elbowed Jeff, and pointed. I got me some ‘splainin’ to do.

“Yes, girls. They were bad men trying to hurt us and our friends for a different reason. We’ll talk later. Now we have to get out of the way and let these people do their jobs.”

Ella and Mavis followed an orderly into the maw of the hospital to find Maggie. I got everyone else herded out to the bus. Matt and Jeff conferred briefly with Belinda and Tina who were waiting in a Hummer beside the bus. They separated, going to different vehicles

“Matt leads, I follow in the hummer, Tina drives the bus, and Jeff follows. You ride with me and rest. Nell rides with Jeff and Amy rides with Matt. Load up, Major. You are off duty.” I shuddered at her grin as we saddled up and pulled away from the facility.

“I smell a conspiracy. Is this the new interrogation formation?” I laughed. “You won’t find out much, Blender. I discovered two half-sisters yesterday with different mothers. I found twin daughters from grad school today. Dr. McLean is their mother. The rest is not my tale to tell.”

“We’ll just pool info later. Might as well spill it.”

“You think? Bullet and XO will clam up and Shorty is a stranger.” I chuckled. “Matt and Jeff will find out nothing more than I’ve told you. The girls on the bus will not reveal house business. Tina will discover we’re alien invaders sent from the mothership to confuse humanity, but that is unproven. We Alien Overlords like it that way. Caralyn and Sam are robots here to assist us in our nefarious plan to corrupt teenaged girls. So far, so good. Mwahahaha.”

“You have daughters, Piper?”

“Yep. Marcy and Carly.”

“And sisters?”

“Yep. Elaine and Cynthia.”

“Care to elaborate just a little?”

“Nope.”

“How did this happen?”

“Read the little pamphlet the nice nurses gave you. Well, when two people who love each other get together, the Daddies and Mommies...”

“Enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“Yep. Do you need a refresher course?”

Silence for a block.

“Word is that you folks took the day off, Piper. True?”

“We didn’t get to shoot anyone, if that’s what you mean. We did some work for an actual client, recovering some missing audio equipment. Oh, Maggie Riker had emergency cancer surgery a few hours ago. She should be up and around in a week or so. Home before then.” I grinned. “You and Belle do anything useful?”

“Spent most of the day looking at floor plans for the Bat Cave in ‘Guns and Ammo’s’ apartment living section; bazookas, bombs, bricks and bedspreads as the new military-industrial chic. Ferried you folks a bit. Learned not to play poker with Yolanda. Watched an interesting documentary on closed circuit. The usual.” A slight pause. “The shady types are shopping for new Pennys. Mike and Norm are going back into retirement. Laura is loaning Nell and Emma to RIA indefinitely. We’re short a bomb tech and tactical lead. Tina and Leigh bring a good package, but we function best as a ten team.”

“Not to talk out of turn, but I recommend you have your guys check into Ella Brown and Mavis Pulaski. They are good cops and great EMTs besides. For all I know, they’re vets. Talk to Zack Parrish. He’s working for Colonel Billings, but he knows people.”

“We have loads of battle-hardened ex-this and multi-lingual ex-that to fill in the blanks. I’ll see if Laura wants to send their names up the chain, but second guessing Command is not a good idea, even if we are off-the-books mobile black ops.” Belinda shook her head. “Everybody will chime in this round. CIA, DoD, your Colonel, DIA, DHS and FBI will want a vote. We are the team du jour, assigned as required, depending on the mission. You’re luckier: your own agency and mission, one boss. You assist as required and requested.”

“Hate to break the news, Blender, RIA is no vacation paradise. The alphabet soup you listed bring us their problems. Maybe one boss, but he shares. Working with all the best acronyms puts us on the best bad guys’ bucket list.”

“OK, Piper. I’ll give you that. We find our targets. Your bad guys find you.” She conceded, “We watch your backs while you watch them and everyone else.”

“The Pennys, I imagine, are getting based here semi-permanently. Regional teams, specially staffed, developing cover stories, skills and resources specific to a particular metro area, make good sense. You constantly support standing operations like us, plus local one-time assignments, traveling infrequently to handle flare-ups as necessary.”

“Thanks to the Evens Sisters, our rep as personal security personnel is well established. Rock stars and diplomats call us. We are going to be in the East Village, Tribeca, Upper East and West Sides, so a fifth team in Queens or Brooklyn fits the template. Zephyr and Allyn Intermedia Research/Baker Resource Agency give RIA a perfect cover and you have a secure safehouse in Staten Island.”

Belinda was clearly on board with the concept. “Your Ninja Mobsterettes are actual schoolgirls, skilled and established garment industry people, and professional business consultants of sterling repute. We have contacts and connections from the deli to the UN, the uber-capitalists and NYPD thinks your group walks on water, so what’s not to like?”

I texted the barebones of the site-specific, embedded team concept to the Colonel before the caravan pulled to our curb. Couldn’t hurt.

“And we’re home. Thanks for the ride. Make sure to share the encyclopedia of knowledge with the other drivers. I’m sure Tina discovered our home planet.”

“I hate you. Get out of my car. Call us tomorrow to talk Bat Cave. Give my regards to Nell, Emma and the alien hordes.” She glanced at a topless Tina getting out of the short bus. “Shorty is wearing her frustrated face. The Z-Girls must be laughing their smug little butts off.”

“They are much too polite to do such a thing. After she’s gone is a whole ‘nother matter.” I laughed for them. “Seriously, I’ll quiz the Colonel and see if he has news on the local billeting scheme. It might not fly, but I like it.”

We said our good byes and I tried to get all the girls indoors so the drivers could gossip.

Satisfied the entry was locked and alarmed, I joined the mob up on the third floor. The sprouts, already roving, were in the Annex exploring. The Z-Girls were laughing their little butts off.

“How did your interrogations go, ladies?” I grinned, “Did they do well?”

“Terrible, just terrible, Mark.” Nell answered. “Classic technique, interview in different rooms, sew doubt, turn the suspects against one another. Officer Brown asked for the scoop every way possible. He learned exactly what he already knew. Nada. I didn’t act dumb, I merely told him to ask you.”

“Matt was as pushy, polite, but pushy, Sir. Said he needed the info to do his job. I suggested he discuss job performance with you and he eased up.” She smiled. “He is one nosy cop, but not any more informed. How did you do?”

“I called her out on it. She tried anyway. Got nothing but bad jokes and assurance that you would zip it up also. Caralyn, where are we from?”

“The Lost Twin Planets of Sector Nine in the TransTeton Nebular Interregnum Zone, known in the old legends as ‘Norma Jean’, The Orbiting Globes.” Karen said instead, “Toon’s batteries were too low for her voice function to work. Billi, the sole surviving girl-pencil hybrid from the Marker World of Magick, spoke for her. The Allynoid Clones admitted nothing, claiming to protect trade secrets in the arcane arts. Elaine mumbled something about in vitro alchemy and singularities that perked Shorty’s ears, but Cyn shushed her.”

“The sprouts made us all proud.” Eve said. “Every time Tina asked anything, the little imps asked if she was a cousin, since she is ‘so tall and has super huge boobies’ like the aunts.”

“Blonde and blue eyes, too. We wanted to know if they were really as big as they looked on the Internet.” Carly called through the passageway. “They felt big as Kelli’s.”

“Wrong face. Not enough pizza. Bigger boobies. Too much plant food. The silly girl tried to stop us from taking her shirt off since she was driving the bus. She couldn’t stop us because she was driving the bus.” Marcy giggled. “You don’t need a shirt to drive. Even we know that.”

“I think hers are bigger than mine. Don’t see those very often. Unless you see our website.” Kelli brightened up. “We ought to make a skirt with a criss-cross top like the Tanner’s favorite swimsuit. Market it as formal wear and the Junior-Senior Prom will never be the same.”

“Pinning the corsage could take hours. High up on the strap or at the ‘X’? Decisions, decisions.” Lulu shimmied her ‘C’s, “We should include a custom strap accessory or someone might get injured.” She looked sexy even in her battle clothes.

“We could make bouquet nipple clip or sticky-back brackets.” Eve said, “Make matching MMTG flowers her date can order to match the prom dress.”

“Does that make it a Semi-Formal Prom Dress or a Formal Semi-Prom Dress?” Leah wondered out loud. “Promenading In A Semi-Dress Formally? Work with me here, June, you do advertising.”

June pursed her lips for a second and responded, “Call it the Airwear Anywhere, Double-Dare, Sweet Pair, Boobs Bare, Outtit Outfit Abnormal Formal.”

“But will it fit on a credit card receipt?” Leah asked.

“Call it the Pair-a-Normal Semi-Formal, Style #13, and be done.” Kelli gave up.

We wound up calling it the ‘Semi-Prom Dress’ and made flower tubes as clip-ons and nipple bangles. The catalogue pictures would supply the descriptions.

I was fading fast at this late hour. “Ladies, I’m outta here. Find a place for our guests to crash and something to wear. Whatever works for you, works for me, fashion-wise. I’ll help get the old workshops squared away when the furniture arrives. The shower and a soft spot to lay me down is all I need now.” I smiled tiredly. “If you need me, you know where to look.”

I did need to get some rest. Wednesday, all day and night, Thursday until now, early Friday, had been a long, busy day, relieved by a few catnaps and unmitigated craziness. Ten (Leah, Jenny, Billi, Nell, Vicki, Cynthia, Kelli, Elaine, Ellie, Patty) and a half (Max) girls, new building, renovation, two unsuspected sisters, underground palace, Maggie’s cancer attack and emergency surgery, remote street warfare, two unknown daughters, $27 million windfall, and relocating fuck buddy after her husband died in the street.

It even sounded busy to me. A shower and Rip van Winkle impersonation sounded better.

Hot water blasting is a good thing. A house filled with the noise of thirty-seven women and girls in various stages of excitement, charging around bathing, sorting clothes, pre-decorating, and planning world domination faded away in minutes once I was in bed. Morpheus is my friend.

At 9:00 AM, Friday morning, Morpheus got his peaceful self chased from my head in the nicest way. The Bakers and Tanners, perched on, around and over me, brought bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, OJ and coffee with extra caffeine.

OK. The nicest way could have been nicer if the uniform of the day was different. All three sported solid indigo ‘Daisy Dukes’ and solid blue standard-cut blouses. I’m not complaining. Non-revealing Airwear is quite sensual on girls who would be sexy in a burlap bag.

“And a fine good morning to you, my little ninjas.” I sipped the black nectar first. “Going for the Amish conservative look today?”

Carol rolled her eyes. “We lost the lottery. We’re the buffer between Zephyr House and the world. Marks Brothers at noon, your paper pushers later and whoever else shatters our idyll today.”

“Master, the others are already sorting through the stuff in the old workshop.” Yumi said, “Anything unplugged is in the new space. Amy and Karen are moving the units connected but powered down.”

“Phoebe’s new quarters will be ready for the furniture before the delivery.” Anne assured me. “But wait, there’s more!”

“Something is wrong in Whoville.” Beth whispered. “The drone feeds are not synced up and the earpieces have a different sound quality.”

“Is it system wide?” I was very awake. “Specify.”

Non-psychic Amy appeared. “You need me. Ellie is in my place in the store room.”

Beth began again. “Being the public interfaces today, we checked the available drone feeds since the program was still running. Mika noticed the time stamps on the ones over the Bowery/Lower Broadway and Lincoln Center areas were a second later than Grand Central or the lower Manhattan East River bridges.”

Mika quipped, “How does an MTA bus cross 14th Street on one camera before the traffic lights change on another? It’s very obvious when Beth superimposed and stitched the images together.”

“Mirrored from Command or drone direct?”

Beth showed me the screen. “How do I find out?

I ran a quick diagnosis check as she looked over my shoulder. “Both. The screens from Command showing our locations are delayed. The others are straight feeds. All should be one or the other, depending on the prevailing paranoia level. This is a hardware alteration or my spybots would have shut it down. Hardware is authorized if it comes from HQ.”

“Anyway, we got curious and called Laura on the sat phone. She agreed. If the drone video was compromised, what else?” Beth continues the testimony. “We decided to test the personal comms with totally innocuous subjects on our private, call it A, the Ten Penny/Zephyr, B, only, and the main tactical channel, C.”

“A and B have static and sound a little muted. C is normal, but when Belle talked to the Colonel about staffing, with one earwig on channel C and another on channel B, there was a delay. We tried it with A/B, A/C and B/C.” Anne reported. “We heard Belle on C before she spoke on B or A.”

“Dammit to hell! We’re the focus. Get me Nell here now. Beth, get Nat, Smitty and Laura on a sat phone conference call. No Tina yet.” Yumi sped out. Beth punched buttons.

I got dressed in a hurry. Black on black urban striker clothes and weaponed up. “I hate this.”

“Rats in Whoville, Master?” Suki asked.

Nell rushed in, putting on her combat gear. “I heard that. Yumi says we have issues.”

“I hope the individual who gave us Darleen Erlichman instead of Tina Karlson is still at large.” I was trying to assemble pieces. “Tina is a cyber and communications tech. Belle would have her ‘once over’ Bullet’s tweaked network improvements. Either she tinkered or a saboteur/hacker followed behind and planted nasties.”

“We can’t test A to A unless we go remote enough to require the repeaters. That’s where the comms problems are.” Amy observed. “Where is the device between here and the Bowery?”

Nell drew a map in the air. “That would be the one disguised as an over-painted, obsolete phone junction box on top of the GE Building.” She smiled. “It is. I replaced the contents. The city is full of stuff that may or may not be functional. That box will hang there forever unless some problem points a telecom worker to it. If it isn’t on fire, it will never be touched. I.B.E.W. guys do not wake sleeping tigers.”

“Where are the scavenged boards from the dismantled super controller, Bullet?”

“In a sealed carton at Bright Star I think. Nat and Smitty should know more. They may be at the guys’ apartment with their other geeky crap.” She was getting uncomfortable, “Piper, we better find out now. A person familiar with the boards might be able to duplicate the video conditions Suki described.”

“But it would be easier from Billings’ house. From your repeaters, they risk exposure on the local monitors. They might even trigger an explosion. Those codes they can’t know. I don’t spy on me.” I knew that for a fact. “The audio tools are off-the-right-shelf if you know where to look.”

“Starting this morning, they know before we do the conditions and can prevent us from seeing. They know what we are planning and can prepare ahead. From Billings’ house, they can monitor what he tells us and what we report upstream.” Amy said. “The audio eavesdropping can only be local. Makes no sense otherwise. The video has to be at HQ. They have the boot sequences. Can they modify safely, Sir?”

“If the Colonel approves a maintenance routine and gives them a key. The console will scream alarms and shut down without it.” I smacked my forehead. “And the local agencies take their own direct feeds from their own aircraft. Those feeds are all federal, seen only by DC and us. NYPD will never see the anomaly.”

“The alarms scream if the intrusion is not authorized or if someone tampers with your software.” XO deduced, “But your program can’t know if the outputs are intercepted, sorted, run through a delaying buffer and reintegrated with the carrier wave.”

“It can know if the outputs don’t sync. The override key hasn’t been removed or it was duplicated. I know the machine is operating in overhaul mode because the drones still don’t match and the dim back rooms haven’t gone boom.” I shivered. “It will boom if we don’t get the console out of service mode soon. Get the Colonel in the circle.”

The conference call came together with my team on speaker. I explained the situation and the possibilities. Laura insisted Shorty was dependable. “Not possible. But she might have been followed. I had her make the rounds in Manhattan when we got our first break in the action. I’m sure she touched nothing. Sioux hasn’t gotten out much. Rose and Tamera are bustin’ her chops in the ‘sewing’ sewing room.”

“We tracked her on GPS. Tina never spent enough time at any site to do more than look at the installation. She sends geek-to-geek props to Bullet for a job well done.” Coder laughed. “That is high praise from her.”

“Get her on speaker phone. We have to move fast before our DC spooks say the right stuff to the wrong people.”

“I’m here, Mark. Talk to me.” From Shorty. The Colonel was probably in also, but lurked silently.

“Ok, guys, this is Major Allyn talking now. The enemy has eyes on Tina. The Beast Erlichman proves that. Now Shorty has a tail, and through the earwigs this morning, Nell is made, too. Our plan is this: Tina, call Nell on the earpiece and ask her to meet you at the Plaza Hotel to discuss business. Take a taxi. Nell, you agree, but walk. Nine short blocks and three long will take about 25 or 30 minutes. Go from there to the repeater. Plan to meet at 10:30”

Laura laughed, “Curiosity hooks the shadows and we reels them in. Nat and Smitty can leave their apartment now for the Plaza in plainclothes and take places in the crowd. No cop shoes.”

“Precisely. Frieda and Billi will tail Nell, trying to spot her shadow. I’m leaving now with the Bakers. We’ll be on top of the GE Building as advance guard. The Tanners will tail Billi and Frieda as a protection detail.” By this time, my whole mob was listening.

“Are you leaving Amsterdam exposed, mobilizing eight of the best defenders?” Laura asked. “Don’t get caught out.”

“I’m taking only attackers and we have Hammer and Narf’s girls, two able newbies and you are going to send Sioux over at 11:30 to stand guard with Emma when our furniture delivery arrives. We don’t have second-string defenders, Belle. They will fight like Hell’s own furies. Don’t worry. Sound bored when you dispatch Leigh over ear comms so the eavesdroppers know she’s coming as a standard precaution.” I responded. “The Z-Girls will be geared up and ready. I hope it is wasted effort, but we can’t delay the trucks without attracting suspicion.”

“I’m arming the Bright Stars and locking down the facility as soon as Tina moves. Belinda and I can hold the front door with Nettie and Mel. The others can stand watch at the windows.” She sighed. “We can do this but I hate we have to.”

“No other way, Belle. That’s exactly why we’re the good guys. We hate it. But keep up our charade and this will work. I’ll read in the Colonel and he can move on the moles when we locate our guys.”

“Sir, if they don’t take the elevator after the Pennys, Nell and Tina should discuss something about telco meddling, loose wires or something, fix the problem and leave. You and the Demon Trips stay in hiding. Any self-respecting terrorist will simply return the unit to its abnormal state and slink away.” Amy chuckled.”Or not.”

“Blame Ma Bell! The saboteurs will eat it up! We’ll go with Amy’s fallback.” I restated. “Details, folks. Any earwigs in use must be on channel B. Say nothing substantive. Turn them off and take them out when finished. Nell and Tina in normal paramilitary gear. Frieda and Billi as late teens, early twenties yuppies. The Tanners as young schoolgirls. Nothing flirty, casual cool. Use the cell phones for important stuff and keep that to an impersonal minimum”

“Keep in mind, Sir, they may not pass up a chance to hit Shorty and Bullet. The do have really bad attitudes when revenge is involved. I would not bet a nickel on them making smart choices.”

“You made your point. Self-respecting smart guys don’t work for crazy maniacs, even if, as Belle guessed, this batch is sharper than the usual black bag fillers. We’ll be careful and make no assumptions.” I grinned. “Stop stealing my lines.”

“Rock and I will be armed, but otherwise, East Side professional types. What’s your cover?”

“None actually. We’re going full-on commando. Come clean-ish and tell the manager RIA is running a bomb threat scenario, since his building is a high value target. Get him or her to look the other way, voluntarily, so we won’t disturb the tenants. We want familiarity with the layout and access points. Management should love it that we think this place is important enough for us to make this directed effort, whoever RIA Special Agents are. Our story is that we run ops from the roof and will be joined by associates running independent infiltration/capture techniques.”

I waited a second for emphasis. “We’re there anyway. Observe weak points, defensive positions, safe zones, good decisions and bad, the works. I really do want after action critiques of our performance, evaluations of the GM Building and surrounding real estate. If we are the shadow shield in New York, we do ourselves a disservice by not building a database and sharpening our skills. The manager should get an honest evaluation of his set up. Almost every profession in this city has a social network of sorts; word will spread and if we have to get access to the Chrysler Building, he is our reference. Laura and Amy do the final compilation.”

“You’re catching on fast. Flash badges, talk fast and steamroll.” Billings said, in the call now. “Your Beth brought me up to speed a minute or so ago. I’m sending a new set of earwigs, super encrypted. How can we help from here?”

“You are going to help yourself. Seriously. I need to get into the controller with your code. Bakers, gear up we’re out in three minutes. Beth, my laptop here.” I minimized my monitor program and entered my spook service mode. “I’m in your system, standard monitor mode as we agreed. Now I need your access to get in the controller. Please open my last text and press reply.”

“OK. Empty field.”

“Type zcs3-##8, no caps, on your phone’s texting keyboard and send.”

“Nothing appeared. Nothing happened.”

“It did, but people over your shoulder can’t tell. Now enter your personal prime code, the one we set up years ago. OK. Enter ZCSBETA, all caps, and any random number you want, then press send when I say the word.”

I placed my phone on top of the computer. “The word.” A pause. “I’m in. You need a new code. That one’s burnt. What have we here? Ouch. Oh, crap. Nobody breathe.” I entered code like a madman.

“OK, boss. I killed the detonators. Question. After the initial diagnostic routine, did you get your passkey back?”

“Yes. I have it here. Standard practice.”

“That machine is in service mode again, too soon and for too long. It would have blown your house to bits without an orderly shutdown before removing the duped key.” I got out of his system. “You’re safe. I’m out.”

“Thanks. Talk to me. Wait.” He spoke in a low voice to his second. “Work solo. Get big box two online an hour ago. Monitor. This goes down. You go live. Now, Major. Where were we?”

“Get your best melodrama face on when we take down our spies. Stroll into the room, mumbling about corrupted data, be surprised that the unit is not in full operational mode and reach for the key. Act pissed off. Turn the key and take it offline. Kill the power. Get the bomb techs to remove the Semtex.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.