You Never Know What Might Happen - Cover

You Never Know What Might Happen

Copyright© 2016 by Lapi

Chapter 1

The team’s owner had wanted me to sign a 5-year contract for $6.5 million, not a year, oh no, for all 5 years, the CAP you see. No ‘problemo’ I told him, I understood his point of view but was not signing his offer sheet; hopefully another team would not have that same issue, I told him. Things were changing; the owner had already brought in another first-class linebacker prospect. (He was new but not a Rookie) He gave him a 3-year $75 million contract though. Guess he figured he would make it up with the rest of us; right! Let us see 3-year for $75 million or a 5-year for $6.5 million it is not that hard to see the difference.

I had checked around the league, somewhere about $2.8 to $3.6 million a year should have been the minimum I got; if they really needed a good linebacker or a defensive end then the sky was the limit, hence that guy who was getting $25 mil a year had lucked out. I had been in the last year of my previous deal and exercised my free-agency clause. I had gotten my ‘pro’ status already and even went to the PRO Bowl.

As you might guess, I was not a popular player on the team as far as Dan; the owner was concerned. My buddy Jack had gotten $121 million for 5-years but he was a Super Bowl QB so I had a figure in mind.

Mel’s leaving raised the speculation that her being with me might have been for reasons other than for my company, but who knows about something like that. I might guess though.

I was 25, a tad bit over 6’ 6” tall, weighing 257 lbs and although not tremendously fast, was meaner than a rattlesnake on steroids and smart; as many QB’s would attest since I had led the team in sacks and knockdowns for 3 years.

The league had a rule about another team ‘un-hooking’ a player under contract. They could not speak with a coach or the owner of another team while under contract. When I became a free agent, playing my last year option many of those restrictions were not usually enforced. I could still not sign a new contract but there was a way around that by getting an agent to negotiate things and listening to the promises they might make about how other teams viewed my worth. Getting a new agent was the first thing I wanted to do, right after the game in London; my buddy Jack could help in that.

Oh, those other things had nothing to do with Mel leaving I am sure; maybe it was the arrival of her younger sister, or at least one of them that cemented it though. Trish was 18 and nothing like Mel. As I said, Mel and I had been together several months so I had a good idea what she was like. During the off-season, Trish and her younger sisters had all been to the shore with us several times. I liked them and with recent events found myself wishing Mel had been more like they were. Therefore, when Trish came to my door, bag in-hand I had no problem showing her inside.

She said she wanted no need to stay for a bit. Something had happened at home. She would not say what. “My home is yours Princess. I have a game in London Sunday so make it your home without me around the week but make certain to call your mom and tell her what is happening and that you are safe here. I do not want anyone thinking I kidnapped you; you are very cute you know.

I made a call too. “Jack, my ex girlfriend’s sister is staying at my place for a while. I’ve got a game in London and I don’t want her to be alone.” (A pause) “No buddy she is not exactly a ‘little’ girl and no it is not like that either. Jack, since I do not even make in one year what you superstars make in one game, I am asking for a favour. Yes, a favour, you have a few connections I don’t.”

What seemed like an hour later, but was only a minute or two, I continued listening to him.

“Jack, do your bodyguards know of an agency here where I could get a female to be with her at least in the daytime? Yeah, great. Sure, could you ask her and have them send one here. I’m at the same old apartment, number 8 at 237 W. 7th at Park in New York City the number is 212-123-8888.” (Listening.) “Yeah, I’ll ask her, thanks Jack, I’ll let you know. Call if she cannot do it. I’ll tell her, her name is Trish Masters.”

I made another call downstairs telling the doorman I had a guest and she was free to get a car and have access to my place as if I were there.

I got an extra set of keys and put $5,000 into an envelope along with a debit card I had planned to give Mel.

I went up to Trish who was lying on the couch, obviously crying.

“Hey Mutt, none of that, you’ll wet the couch. I thought you were already housebroken?”

She looked at me and sat up.

“I am.” then lightly hit me on the arm.

I sat down next to her and handed the envelope to her.

“This cash is for you, and the card has $10,000 in the account it is drawn on, the debit password is written on the inside of the envelope it is there as backup for you to use in an emergency and the new dress you just had to have is not an emergency. Spend the cash as you see fit though, I was going to buy Mel a gift with it now it is yours. Do not tell Mel. You can stay here as long as you want and I will be back in a week. I’ve got a friend in Miami who has a en-suite for you there where it’s sunny and warm if you want, his number is inside the envelope too, if not and you want to stay here somebody from an agency is joining you to keep you company and keep me out of trouble. You’re even cuter than Mel was so I don’t trust myself around you sweetie.”

I stuck my tongue out at her. She turned red. I got a hit on the arm again, and then she gave me a hug. Did I say she was not exactly a small girl?

“Now call your mom and tell her you are at my place and that you are OK then get some rest. Use any bedroom, it is yours now. We will go out for dinner somewhere nice this evening, the door people know you belong here so if you need a car or anything while I am gone just call them, numbers by the phone. Ok now Mutt, and no more crying.”

I did not know what the problem was but Trish and I had always gotten along fine, in-fact the split with Mel just seemed to be about my contract. I was not making up the fact that Trish was prettier than Mel was though.

A few hours later Trish was still sleeping or in the bathroom doing whatever women do to get ready to go out, when I got a call that someone was coming up to see me. I opened the door at the first knock and my mouth stood open along with me just staring. Either it was a ‘Xena’ stand in or a real ‘Amazon Queen’ was at my door. She was almost as tall as I was. Seeing her smile, I snapped out of my trance as she came in, her hand closing my mouth.

“I get that reaction sometimes,” she said. “My name is Bobby and Jack said you needed me for a week or so.”

“Bobby, I do. I will be gone a week overseas, one my ex-girlfriend’s sisters, Trish, is staying here for whatever reason and I did not want her to be alone; she has nothing to do with my break-up with her sister.”

She nodded her head.

“Really Bobby, her sisters are nice girls, they both have gone out with us and there is nothing between us; although sometimes I wish there were. I do not know why I am telling you all this. I called my buddy Jack in Miami to see if his people could help me find a companion for Trish, that is the younger sister staying here.

I may need you or someone else a bit longer since I do not know how long Trish wants to stay here. Since it is in season for me, I travel a lot. I can pay you to stay with Trish longer, be her friend and companion for me.

Jack has rooms at his ‘Mc Mansion’ so if Trish wants, I will pay for you to go there too. I hope I can afford to keep you longer than a week though.”

By the look up and down she was giving me, her own interest was no longer just as a companion for Trish.

“Great. I get paid and you will pay for me to see my brother even; what more could a girl want, except to have you feed me and few other things.”

“Brother! Jack is your brother?”

She smiled and nodded.

“Only he is a bit taller. He said you were tall too and if people saw us together that I would not be the only one they would look at.”

“Oh, I think he was wrong, all eyes would be on you and Trish is not exactly a ‘little’ girl either, if you know what I mean. If I trade 2 goats and 6 camels to Jack, can I keep you?” I was half kidding when I had said that.

About that time Trish, sleep in her eyes walked in from the bedroom. She had dressed for bed all right; more like un-dressed to sleep and when she walked in was rubbing her eyes.

“Opps, sorry. I just wanted to know how you wanted me to dress.”

Looking at her best assets proudly bouncing under my shirt she had appropriated, I thought she was quite fine dressed the way she already was. Bobby raised her eyebrows when she saw her.

“Yep, nothing to do with your ex, right?”

“Trish, this is Bobby, she will stay with you while I am gone and will go with you if you want to stay at my buddy’s place in Miami. Bobby is Jack’s sister and I hope once he feasts his eyes on you he will not want to keep you and let you come back to me.” I was beginning to think of her differently now. Yep that sleep outfit reaffirmed that she was indeed a lot cuter than Mel, and very sexy looking in just that not long enough shirt.

“Don’t worry, his girlfriend Monique has him trained not to add any more to his harem although once she sees ‘little’ Trish, you might have to worry about her.”

“I’ll let that pass on by Bobby. TMI! Now we can have Chinese, Italian, French and Thai this evening, any preferences?”

“Wow, a place that has all those things, I guess I don’t have to worry about you feeding me, do I?”

I took a deep breath, shook my head and went over to the desk, took out another envelope I had ready with keys, cash and a card in it, like Trish’s. I saw a smile a mile wide come across her face. I handed it to her.

“Here are some things if you need to pay for anything while I am gone.”

“Thanks Steve, you too Bobby. (Trish said) I am just a mess and needed to get away to think some things out. I appreciate everything you two are doing for me and will try to pay you back.”

“Hey, with you and Bobby on my arms, that will raise my standing in the ‘Most Lucky Guy’ contest when people see me with you two; especially if I can get you to a game or two in the VIP section as my new girlfriends. We have Baltimore and Atlanta at home coming up and if you want to go to the Seattle or Oakland games, you can but they are away games.

‘What was I trying to do?’ I had to ask myself all of a sudden why I did not want to let these girls leave. If, what is her name, were half as friendly and nice as Trish and Bobby I would be a bigamist by now. I did say Trish was prettier than her sister and not a ‘little’ girl, did not I? Bobby was the first girl I ever met that I could see ‘eye to eye’ with, well almost if I looked that high, both were healthy girls.”

I finally noticed Trish and Bobby standing, staring at me. I was off somewhere just imagining how things could be if I would have been together with these two. The sound of throats clearing; brought me back to reality. ‘Oh well!’ I thought.

“Bobby, I’ll bring your bags up, Trish show her a bedroom she can have, get comfortable Bobby and maybe we can just order delivery from a dozen places and stay here and pig-out on food. We do not have to go out. I... , I am very happy just having you both around.”

Happy was an understatement. We did order in and by the next morning, no food was left. Man these girls could eat. I did not know either of their past but I got the impression that first time in a while both felt more at ease here than where they were before.

Before I left for London I specifically instructed the doorman that no one went up unescorted and without one of the girls confirming that they were welcome. I made a direct mention not to let Mel up. It turned out to be a good thing, too. Mel was the main reason that Trish was upset, I found out more later.

While in London, I ended up either calling the apartment, the doorman or Jack every day, checking on the girls. On the call as I was leaving for home, Jack’s comment, ‘That I had it bad’ made me stop and think. Sue, 12 years ago brought out the same things in me except we did not have cell phones or email then. Man, I shook my head; I questioned what I was doing.

I got home late, or early if you consider the time. Waiting for me was a repeat of ‘our’ pig-out feast but this time there were extra hot ribs and 3 more Chinese dishes. Just like last time by morning, there was nothing left, even with the additional food. Did I say that these girls could eat?

I slept the sleep of the just and slept late. We had our team’s ‘bye’ this week and extra time off for R & R. I had neglected to ask the girls if they wanted to plan anything.

Even if I had, you know what they say about plans, don’t you?

When I got up, I got two hugs and kisses and heard, in stereo. ‘Thanks so much. Bobby is taking me to Miami to stay at Jacks place there. She said he was paying so you would not ‘go broke’.

I laughed but the reality was I almost wanted to cry. All week I just wanted to get back and be with them, but now, that was not going to happen.

When the car came to take them to the airport, I was not a ‘happy camper’. For several days and into that weekend not much changed about my mood. When the phone rang on Monday I hoped it was them saying they were coming back but more likely it would be Alex with the team, reminding me it was ‘back to work’ and that we had a practice this afternoon.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.