Best Friends Forever - Cover

Best Friends Forever

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 25

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 25 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

“You’re kidding! No push back? No objections? Nothing?” said Rodney.

“No—well—as for the prosthetic legs he was a little slower but seemed to think better of rejecting us and went for it,” said Claire. “He never even asked about the cost of the legs. I don’t think he has a clue about what all is involved overall. That’s a plus or he would have pushed back on that one for sure.”

“Yes, for sure

“Just maybe we are over the hump with him. I am so glad that Denise mentioned her sister to me that day. Denise’s salary is going to be getting a 10% bump,” he said.

“Hmm, yes, I just hope that all of this isn’t some kind of a mirage. I mean I know it’s not, but up till now...” she said.

“Yes, I know what you’re saying. We’ve been down this road before,” he said, “well, maybe not this road.”

“Yes, and as for him walking her down the aisle tandem with you. That’s maybe an even bigger deal for him than the legs. He wants to be seen as her ‘real’ daddy. It’s the one thing that kinda irks me. And yes, I know I have no right—or intention I might add—of even suggesting that you not him is the main daddy of record,” she said. “But...”

“Yes, and we will not be mentioning anything of the kind. He gets to have his beliefs unrealistic or not. He just does. Our baby wouldn’t even be alive except for him. No, he gets that one no question,” said Rodney.

“Yes, I agree, reluctantly, but I do agree,” she said.

“So now we plan for the wedding,” he said. She nodded.

“Yes,” she said. “And there might be a small problem there too. Yes, we could pay for it, and I want us to. But...”

“Yes, he’s not gonna go for that. But, I have an idea. And, I think it could be the one thing that really does put an end to all of the problems that have gone before,” he said.

“Oh?” she said.

“Yes, you’ve already done your part, now it’s my turn,” said Rodney. “I’m going to go to him and ask him, as her ‘main’ father to pay for it. I figure the cost, the way the kids are talking, is gonna run out at around five grand. They make enough together to swing it. It’ll be a bit of sacrifice for them, but with me submitting to him that he’s the ‘main’ dad of our baby, well I’m pretty sure he’ll jump at the chance.”

“You don’t think he’ll see right through your play?” she said.

“Not the way I’m going to present it,” he said. She was nodding.

“Okay, go for it, but I hope you’re right,” she said.


“There you are,” I said, “I thought you got lost.”

“No, I got GPS and your house isn’t that large,” said Rodney. “Claire said she talked to you about a couple of things.” He seemed a tiny bit nervous.

I snickered. “Rod, lighten up. I’m good. Yes, I’ll take the artificial legs if they’re still on the table. And, I’m happy you’re allowing me to walk Becca down the aisle with you. Ann has straightened me out in some ways and I’m doing my best here. Well, you know, we’ve talked some these past couple of months, socialized.”

“Wait a minute, James, wait just a minute. We’re not allowing anything. It is your right as her main dad, her real dad in more ways than one, to walk her down the aisle. Claire meant, and I mean, that I’m grateful to you for being okay with me joining ‘you’ in walking our baby down the aisle,” he said.

I smiled, “I know you’re paying for this wedding, Rod. Of course you have the right to walk her down the aisle too, and, you’ve been there for her a hundred percent of the time, me not so much,” I said.

“Yes, and you saved her life and by the way mine too if it comes to that. No my man. You are by definition her ‘main’ dad. Yes, I do claim a bit of that honor for myself too, but you are the one whose seed brought her into existence. “And whose sacrifice made sure she was able to keep on keepin’ on.”

“As for paying for the wedding, it’s gonna cost around $5,000. I’ll pay for it if you want me to, but it’s actually your responsibility, and yes, I know it would be infinitely easier for me. But easier for this particular ditty should not be the deciding factor. Anyway, whaddya think,” he said.

He’d stopped me. Five thousand would hit me and Ann pretty hard. But he was right, it really was my responsibility. Could I come up with the cash? The short answer was yes. I’d have to borrow it, but I was pretty sure I could do it.

“Well, since you put it that way,” I said. “Okay, you’re off the hook for this one.”

“Good,” he said.


The wedding was happening on this third Sunday in April, two months after my introduction, and Ann’s, to Gerald McCready. We’d done the whole show over those intervening almost nine weeks: the parties, the showers, the rehearsals and et cetera. And now here I was, and he was, standing in the church foyer waiting for her to come in from the bridal prep room.

“It’s been a long road to here, man,” he said.

“It has for sure,” I said.

“Can I say that those new gams seem to be working out pretty well for you,” he said.

“Yes, they are. Thanks for the gift. It was a biggee. I won’t forget it,” I said.

“A small recompense for everything you’ve done for this family,” he said.

“Hmm, yes, but not so small,” I said. Just then she literally flowed into the room. God my baby was beautiful: the image of her mom at her age. I was as proud of her as I ever had been of anyone or anything.

The two of us, him and me, were smiling big time.

“Hi, honey,” he said, “you look gorgeous.”

“Yes, indeed,” I said, “just like your mom when we got married back in the day.” I got a look from my BFF for my comment but nothing was said. The music started and we began the march down the aisle.

We made it to the front of the church him on her right me on her left. Then we hit a small snag. And it hadn’t come up in rehearsal. The pastor had only said, during rehearsal, “And now I ask who gives her away et cetera,” and we just continued with the rehearsal as both me and my BFF just nodded. But now here we were.

“Who gives this woman in marriage today?” said the pastor.

I was disconcerted. Should I say me? I didn’t want to upset the apple cart. Rodney mouthed the answer over to me. “We,” he said too quietly to be heard except by the angels.

“We do,” we said in unison. The pastor didn’t miss a beat. We passed our daughter up to him and her about to be husband.

The ceremony continued and then there was the reception.

We sat at the bridal dinner table with the couple, me on her left him on her right. Ann and Claire were beside the each of us respectively. We dads both danced with our daughter, me first then Rodney. The legs he’d gotten me made it possible for me to dance—slowly; I for sure was no threat to the reputation of the legendary Baryshnikov, but I was able to avoid embarrassing myself.

The day was good. The two newlyweds seemed to be made for each other. I wondered how long her new man was going to be able to resist succumbing to the temptation of big money. I figured about a year maybe two, but it was frankly none of my damn business regardless.

In attendance at the wedding were the Traynors; my buds from the street, Mac and Roy; and of course Henry and Sammy from the job. As a side note, Henry had just retired so he was in the same boat as me; well, he was sixty-six. Some relatives, mostly of the distant variety, helped fill the pews and the hall for the reception afterwards.

On the ceremonial side of things, Ann and Claire had seen to the care and feeding of the bridesmaids and the maid of honor all friends of Becca’s from Harcort or her college classes from a few years before. Best man was a guy that worked with Gerald at his shop. A few other guys he knew from wherever were the groomsmen. It all worked quite well overall.


The night over, all of the mandatory goodbyes said. The couple having cut country two hours before, we all headed on home.

I unhitched myself from my legs and scooted across up and on to my side of the bed.

“It all went well,” she said, leaning her crutch next to the bed and more or less plopping down beside me.

“Yes, yes it did,” I said. And, now, we get on with the business of living and doing what comes naturally,” I said, laughing, but not very loud.

“Hmm,” she said.

“Hmm?” I said back to her, but my ‘Hmm’ was a question.

“I didn’t want to say anything tonight, I mean tonight was for the youngsters,” said Ann.

“Okay, and is there something you’re not telling me?” I said.

“Well, I’m telling you now, so no,” she said.

“And,” I said.

“And, I’m pregnant,” she said.

I’d been looking at her with a questioning look, but now I was looking at her with a stunned look. Oh yes, I was stunned. Really really stunned. I hadn’t even considered that it was possible for us to get pregnant. I don’t think she had either.

“Ann, you’re not yanking my chain are you?” I said.

“No darling, I’m not yanking your chain. And, I was as surprised as you obviously are. I found out yesterday. I’d missed my period, so I bought one of those do-it-yourself tests and it’s positive as hell.

“Well, how do you like them apples,” I said.

“The question is how do you like ‘em?” she said.

“But how?” I started. “Oh and I like them apples just fine!”

“Well good. As you likely do not know, I am, was, still having periods if not as much or as regularly as when I was younger, but I still am, was. I thought I was past conceiving, but apparently not,” she said.

“Apparently,” I said. “Obviously you haven’t seen a doctor yet.”

“No, but when I got the positive I called for an appointment. I’m being checked out on Monday,” she said.

“Well, okay, but let’s keep this on the quiet until you’ve seen the doctor,” I said.

“My feeling exactly,” she said.


The pregnancy test was confirmed by the doctor. I’d been doubtful of the reality of what my wife had told me, but now there was no longer any doubt. And, now all and sundry were about to be informed as to our good fortune.

Ann had driven us to the Pollards’ castle in the sky. Claire had buzzed us up.

I knocked. Claire answered. “Well hello,” she said. “This is a surprise. I mean you calling to come over today, and a welcome one.”

“Well thank you,” said Ann. “I hope this little visit isn’t too much of an inconvenience for you?”

“No, no absolutely not,” said Claire. “And how are you Jim?”

“Good, very good,” I said.

“Well have a seat,” said Claire.

“Claire,” I said, “we have some news.”

“Really? Okay?” she said. “I hope it’s good news.”

“It is,” I said. “Ann...” I was letting my better half take the lead on this one.

“Well, Claire we’re pregnant, Jim and I,” she said. The look on Claire face was actually comical; well, I thought that it was.

“Oh my God!” screamed Claire. “Congratulations!”

“Well thank you for that,” I said.

“Indeed,” said Ann.

“How? When? Talk!” ordered Claire.

“Well, two days before the wedding I realized that I’d missed my period, I was maybe four weeks overdue. I’m not that regular anymore, but I was feeling kinda funny,” said Ann. “So, I took one of those pregnancy tests you can buy at the pharmacy. It was positive. Then, to be sure and all, I went to the doctor yesterday and he confirmed it; I’m two months along: I’m pregnant as hell.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.