Best Friends Forever
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 22 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

And then it was nine years later and we were solidly middle aged and on the cusp of seniorhood. I was 54 years old, my Ann was 45 and I guess we were doing good. And yes, she had trained me as to how to please her; and, I can say with some confidence that I had learned and had as well determined to never disappoint my woman no matter what. Yeah, I was in love, serious love. I never argued with her, never. If she said to do it this or that way, whatever it might have been, that is the way it was going to be and there was no discussion. The good news for me was that she made it her business to keep me happy, and, she loved me back. Man, was I a lucky sonovabitch or what!

All of the above having been said, that I’d gotten my wife because of the machinations of Mister Pollard still rankled. Though peace in the Valley reigned, I had never quite gotten over all of the betrayals and bad stuff that the Pollard clan had heaped upon me.

We were not all that communicative with them over these last years though we did see each the other on the big holidays and a few other times since my marriage to Ann. And Ann, though more amenable to having closer relations with the Pollards than was I, never pushed things. She, Ann, had however forged a better relationship with Rebecca than with any of the rest of them and I suppose it has to be said that so did I. We saw her, Rebecca, no less than once a month and sometimes more than that. I think I could claim that she and I did have a somewhat improved father-daughter relationship than had been the case before; but, there was no doubt that I was still in second place in that regard, and that’s just the way things were. I was going with the flow.

And, I guess it’s necessary to point out here that she had finished college with Magna cum Laude honors. I wasn’t exactly sure what that meant, but it was a matter of “honors” so I knew it was good. I was proud of her for that. And, she had gone into business with her dad, her other dad. And, the money I’d gotten from the Marcort settlement, half a million plus the interest accrued over the years had been delivered to her the day of her graduation. We hadn’t been there, Ann and I, but we heard about it after the fact. She was enormously impressed and grateful. Claire on the other hand was kind of sour in her approbation. It was her feeling as it had been at the time, that I should’ve used the money to set myself up since it was clear that none of them needed my help financially speaking. Anyway, my kid was thrilled that meant way more to me than the money ever could have.


“Okay, I know you haven’t forgotten,” she said. “So what are the plans? Don’t just be springing them on me. Okay?” She was of course referring to our tenth anniversary which was but a month off.

“Okay, okay,” I said. “We’re going to be staying in Vegas for the whole week. The boss has given me the green light on taking the time off. Sammy will be covering for me.”

I had gotten a job with my old company, Allied, and no not driving; I was now a dispatcher. Henry had been instrumental in that. He was now head of HR and had run interference for me and gotten me back on a year after my marriage to Ann. Hence, I was back to working with my buddies and on my old stomping grounds. But, I’m getting ahead of myself. Ann too, had gotten a better job at a company that Rodney had an in with; she was doing even better than me; sell, she had her military DI to add in to the mix.

“That’s wonderful, honey,” she said. “I can’t wait!” I was glad that she was glad. Vegas was a fun place.

“I’m glad you’re glad,” I said.

“Yes, well, and I’ve scheduled a dinner for the weekend too,” she said.

“A dinner?” I said.

“Yes, you, me, Becca, Sam, Henry, and the Pollards,” she said. “And, I also invited the Traynors but they haven’t RSVPed me yet. I frowned, but didn’t object. The dinner was fine with me but part of the guest list was another matter. I would never really forgive the cheaters for what they’d done to me, long in the past though it all was.


“So, you’re sticking me behind a desk to cover for your little vacation,” said Sammy, but he was smiling.

“Yeah it’s our tenth. So you’re coming to the party Saturday night?” I said.

“Wouldn’t miss it,” said Sam. “Sounds like a lot of folks.”

“Hmm, yeah maybe ten or so,” I said.

“The Pollards?” he said. He saw my look.

“Yeah, they’ll be there. Well, they’ve been invited. I haven’t talked to them myself, Ann has, but I haven’t,” I said.

“Jim, you really do have to let all of the old bad stuff go. It’s been fucking forever,” said Sam.

I sighed. “Yeah, I know you’re right. Ann says the same thing. Hell, I tell myself that too. It’s just—I don’t know. I just can’t seem to quite get over the truth that a wife, my wife, would do something like that to me. And, I am over her, but ... well, but not over ‘it’: her yes, it no. I know that doesn’t make a lot of sense, but it’s the way I feel,” I said.

He nodded, “I guess I understand, but it’s been more than twenty-five years, man. You really should be able to dump that shit by now. Plus, I know they are regretful about what they did. Hell, I think I’ve talked to them more than you have about it all,” said Sammy.

“Yeah, well maybe,” I said.

“Do you see them much? You haven’t said much about them for quite a while. I was beginning to think you were over it all, but I guess not,” he said. I shrugged.

“I’m sorta over it,” I said. “But then again, no. I just don’t think I ever will be completely over it. I never did anything to them, either of them; hell, I loved them, still do. And, that makes it worse because I know that they don’t have the same kinds of feelings or respect for me that I have always had for them. So them doing me the way they did, well...”

My friend nodded. We talked a little bit longer then got our asses back to work. I liked my job, and my way too expensive wheel chair was really useful even though I had only minimal need to do much moving around during the work day. My forty grand annual added to the sixty Ann made, counting her military disability, allowed she and I to do very well. I didn’t get any disability anymore because social security didn’t allow if I worked. Ann’s job, one that the black hat had indeed finally gotten for her was a pretty good one. She was an office assistant at Harcort Industrial: deliverers of oil and gas to wholesalers around the state.

And now we had a party to host. I was determined to make sure my wife was happy with the outcome. I knew for a fact that she’d done her best to set it up.


The party was slated to start at 2:00, but Rebecca arrived at noon. She was helping Ann get things ready. I’d already made two runs to the store for last minute items: drinks and freakin’ watermelon.

“Everybody’ll be here soon, honey, you need to get dressed,” she told me. I muttered something that might have been construed as an objection and went to do as I was told.

It was straight up 2:00, and there was already a parade of partiers arriving at the front door. And first in line? The Traynors.

“So, how ae you doing, James?” said Dora.

“Good, Ann and I are doing real good. Got jobs, a house, and each other; hard to beat a parlay like that one,” I said.

“For darn sure,” she said.

The Captain after initial greetings had marched past me and over to Ann who was, along with Becca, cloistered with Sammy and Henry who’d actually arrived right on the heels of the Traynors. They’d only waved to me as they had also headed for the two female organizers.

Surprise guests, I hadn’t known they’d been invited were Mack and Roy from my days on the street. What was also a surprise was the fact that the Pollards had not arrived.

“It’s almost 3:30,” I said.

“Hmm, yes, and yes I noticed that they haven’t arrived,” she said.

“Maybe they decided not to come. I mean it is our wedding anniversary, and they were not invited to the wedding which fact I’m sure ruffled their feathers,” I said.

“I doubt that. They’ll be here, probably bearing gifts,” said Ann.

“Hmm,” I said.

It was almost 5:00 and I noticed Rebecca on her cell. I didn’t have to guess who she was talking to. She was frowning and nodding at the same time. So, I thought, the cheaters weren’t coming. Well, there’s an upside to everything.

Ann came up to me. “Rebecca called them?” she said.

“I think so. I doubt they’d be coming now,” I said. “Too bad, I’ll miss them.”

“You don’t have to be so snide, my husband. They’re good people. They made mistakes for sure, big ones, but they’ve done their penance. If they do come, you need to sit down with them and bury the fucking hatchet. It’s time,” she said. “I mean forever bury the hatchet.”

“Hmm, maybe,” I said.

“No maybe about it. I need to have you do it. Okay Jim. I really mean it,” she said.

“All right, if it means that much to you,” I said.

“It needs to mean that much to both of us,” she said. “Jim, we’ve been married for ten years and I’ve put up with the bitterness, your bitterness all of this time. The next ten years are going to be sans the bitterness. You hear me!” she said.

“Yes ma’am,” I said.

And then they arrived. I wondered at their excuse, what it would be.


“I know what you’re thinking,” said Rodney.

Hah! not even hello. That was my ex-best friend: the best defense was a full court press and a brace of really well thought out fibs!

“And hello to you too, Rodney,” I said. “And to you too, Claire.” My ex-wife for her part had not uttered a word. Something was going on. I was getting a real hinky feeling.

“Uh-hello, Jim,” she said, finally. “And congratulations on your anniversary, yours and Ann’s.”

“Well, thank you for that. And we’re just glad you were able to make it. No explanation necessary, really. Just make yourselves at home. Everybody is kinda everywhere. So...”

“Thank you,” said Rodney.

I saw Ann break away from Mack and Roy who had arrived around fourish. I should maybe give a little bit of explanation relating to Mack and Roy’s situation. Both of my street buds had been laid off when their plant, a garment manufacturer, shoes actually, went to Mexico. They’d not been able to find work, both likewise having been high school dropouts and had ended up on the street where we’d met. But, as a result of knowing me, Rod had hired them soon after my meeting up with and settling in with Ann. I say Rod had hired them, but in actuality he’d arranged for them to be hired at a high rise he’d been investing in. They got jobs and training for the job which was building maintenance and repair. They made half again what they had at the shoe factory. They loved Rodney.

At any rate, I saw Ann come over to us. “Hello Mister and Missus Pollard,” she said, in her friendliest tone. Exchange of greetings consummated she pulled Claire aside. Their demeanors were ultra-serious. I wondered at that.

“So, Rodney, how is everything at your house?” I said.

“Fine, good,” he said. There was something in his tone that belied his words.

“Rod... ?” I said.

“He deflated. “Not so good. I made a mistake,” he said.

“A mistake?” I said.

“And, she caught us,” he said. “Earlier today she caught us.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.