Best Friends Forever
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 15 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

The meeting between the Traynors and the Pollards would have to have been described by an observer as business-like. But, that said, it was fruitful.

“Yes, Captain. I have offered him jobs and things and all of it. And, I still stand ready to help the man. But...”

“But because of some of the things you mentioned here today he refuses to take anything from you? That about it?” said Captain Traynor.

“Yes, in a nutshell, yes,” he said.

“Captain, if I may,” said Claire. “I know that you folks sometimes hire people to work in your stores and such. Is that not so?”

“Yes, that’s true,” he said.

“Missus Pollard,” said Dora Traynor, “if you’re asking if we could hire Mister Clausen, the answer is yes. But, we don’t have any full time positions that a man with the limitations of Mister Clausen could perform. We do have an opening, and it is minimum wage, working in record keeping and some related activities that we could use him in. Do you think he would be interested in something like that?”

“I believe he would, Missus Traynor,” said Claire.

“I’m a captain too for the record Missus Pollard. In the Army the wife is always the same rank as her husband,” she said.

“As a matter of fact,” interjected Captain Traynor, “she bosses me a round pretty regularly.” Everyone laughed.

Rebecca hadn’t uttered a word during the meeting but she had been a very interested spectator. She spoke now.

“Captain,” she said, “my dad is very sad. He’s sad all of the time. I think he would love a job working for you. He’s mentioned to me that he wants to get a better place, but that he can’t afford one just yet. Maybe a job with you would fix that for him.”

The adults in the room were surprised by the apparent wisdom of the youngest among them.

“Well, in that case, Rebecca, I will make the offer to your dad as soon as next I see him. One thing though. If he is living in Littleton, it’ll be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to do so. I only get down there once a month. Okay?” he said. “The good news is the job that my wife mentioned can be done from anywhere; he doesn’t have to be here in the Valley.”

The five of them talked for a little longer and shared some tea before the Pollards left.


“Mister Clausen,” said Captain Traynor.

“Yes sir,” I said, as I was leaving the little auditorium to go home. The van was waiting for me.

“Might I have a word with you for moment,” he said.

“Okay,” I said.

“Mister Clausen, I know things must be hard for you being in the situation you’re in. We have a part time job opening that I would like to offer you. I mean if you’d be interested,” said the captain.

“Well, I, I mean do you think I could do it?” I said. “I mean...”

“Yes, I do,” he said. “Mister Clausen the Army hires people with disabilities and other problems all of the time. It’s what we’re about. I would ask that you become an official adherent of our faith, however, if you accept the job. Is that something you think you could do?”

“Well, I think so,” I said. “What would I have to do?”

“Well, accept Jesus as your savior and act in accordance with biblical mandates. That’s pretty much it. There would be some learning on that score involved. My wife and myself could see to that part of it,” he said.

“Well okay,” I said. “I have tried a bit to get a job, but...”

“Your limitations,” he said. I nodded. “The job would require some bookkeeping and related duties. Nothing you couldn’t handle,” he said.

“Mister Clausen, we have people with worse limitations and worse problems than yours I assure you. One of my main assistants in the Valley spent thirty years in prison; he’s a major success story for us. He’s even given talks to groups of young men and women who have had social problems not unlike his own.

“You joining our group will work for you Mister Clausen, and we will work together with you to help you live well,” he said.

“You’ve convinced me,” I said. “When can I start?”

The Captain and I talked a while longer and I found out more about the job I’d be doing and some of the church rules that I would be expected to follow. I wasn’t sure about all of the bible stuff; I’d never read the bible, didn’t have one, and hoped that I could measure up over time. The Captain assured me that I could and would. Well we’d be seeing.

At any rate I finally had a job. I could maybe save a little now and get me a truck that I could fix up to accommodate my situation. Well, that was the hope. The job with my disability would make things at least a little more tolerable for me. What was even better was the fact that I didn’t need the cheaters to do for me.

Sometimes even a loser like me could get lucky. Ultimately, I owed it all to Sammy and Henry: they were the ones who’d turned me on to the church. I wondered what the two Pollards would have to say about my good luck. Probably give me lip service about how glad they were for me and then go home and all but laugh at me. Okay, so I was whining. I felt like it, so, so what.


It’d been three months since I last saw the lot of them. Did it bother me? I guess it did. My own kid held me in contempt! No, that wasn’t fair. It wasn’t contempt exactly; it was more like she pitied me. And that was one thing I sure as hell didn’t need. I guess the same could be said for the cheaters, I supposed.

Well, at least I was on my own now. I did miss the fancy dancy chair he’d gotten me, but not enough to kiss his ass to get it back. The cheapo that I was using now was a pain in the ass to use, but it did work and I was getting used to it.

I did get a few visits from my buds over the weeks since I’d last been to the Valley. They couldn’t make it down to Littleton a lot; well, they did have lives. But one would come down and then the other and once they came down together. That was for Valentine’s Day of all things. And I wished they hadn’t. I wasn’t in love with either of them, and the one I wanted to share a holiday like Valentine’s didn’t want to have anything to do with me, well, not in that way.

I was working and it was good for me, just ten hours a week, but it was better than nothing. I was pulling down and extra $300 a month. I needed $4,000 for the truck I wanted to get. I figured another six months and I’d be able to get it. And there was a program for guys like me that could get the controls switched so that I could drive it with my hands only. The program I was looking at could get the controls done for only $500. Hell, with the cost of auto repairs and such anymore that was practically free! Anyway, six or eight months to go and I wouldn’t be needing that public van anymore: I lived for the day!


I found myself in Walmart, and I couldn’t remember why I was there. Then I did. I needed new pants. I’d lost twenty pounds, and for a guy with no legs that was a lot: I weighed in right at eighty pounds. The reason? Well, I wasn’t eating regular. I hate to cook and I didn’t have anybody to cook for me. I’d been depending on TV dinners for almost a year, and while they were real good for the waistline they weren’t too healthy. And, I was feeling down most of the time anyway, so I really didn’t want to eat. All I could think about was the family that pitied me and didn’t really want me around. I would like to have been around my daughter, but not as no second hand daddy; that was just too humiliating. At least the group of them were leaving me alone. I wondered what they thought of the letter I wrote.


I was tilting back a brew when I heard the knock. It was a loud knock. I skittered over to the door and opened it to admit my guest, guests as it turned out. “Sam, Henry good to see you. What brings you guys around?” I said.

I should note here that I had purchased something I called my skitterboard. It was just a square, flat board—actually some kind of plastic—with wheels. I could lower myself onto it from my bed or couch and skitter around the apartment easy. When I got my car, it would be going with me wherever I went. It was better than my wheelchair, but it couldn’t actually replace my chair in all situations, so I had to have both; and when I went out, it was my chair I took with me in the cab-van.

“Just here to see you, see how you were doing,” said Henry.

“Yeah,” said Sam, “you live too far away to come as often as we’d like. You oughta think about moving back the Valley at some point. Forget about those people and just live your own life, man.”

“Maybe one of these days,” I said. “I’m just not ready to make it easy for them to bother me, not yet.” The two of them nodded in unison.

“Jim, I gotta tell yuh, man, you look terrible. You not eating?” said Sam.

“Yeah, I’m eating, just not wonderfully well. I don’t cook worth a shit. You know how it is,” I said.

I could see my buds were concerned about me, but that was just the way it was.

“You gotta take care of yourself better than you are, man,” said Sammy.

“I got me a job,” I said changing the subject.

“A job?” said Henry.

“Yeah, working for the Salvation Army. It’s just part time, but I’m hoping to afford me a truck in the near future, a few more months the way I figure it,” I said.

“Yeah?” said Sam.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Well, that sounds real good,” said Henry. “But... ?”

I knew what he was about. “It’ll have all the controls on the steering wheel: gas, breaks, the whole schmear,” I said. “I won’t have to wait for the van anymore. I can just go.”

“Well, that does sound like a good deal. Look, Jim, if you need a little help financially. I mean...” said Henry.

“No, no, I do for myself, but thanks a million for the offer,” I said.

It seemed like everybody figured I was a loser even my buds. I mean I know all they, my buds, wanted to do was be good to me, but even without my legs I was still a man. And, how could I ever attract a woman if I couldn’t even get myself a job and a few bucks. I did have my disability pay, but it wasn’t enough for a wife and family, and I wanted both. Yeah, maybe me having a family would turn out to be a pipe dream, but it was my dream, and I wasn’t giving it up.

The boys stayed late. I offered to have them shack up with me overnight because of the long drive back. But they opted to get home, and Sammy had a wife to worry about, so I guess it made sense for them to go. They did promise to try and get by a bit more often. I did tell them that I would return the favor once I got my car. Man, I really wanted to get that car.

Once they left I discovered that I was lonelier than I was before they came. I think it was the silence. No noise at all. Not even road noise outside on the street. Well, it was past midnight.

One thing that Henry had suggested to me, after about our sixth beers, was that I might wanna see a shrink about things. Doctor Montrose had suggested the same thing before I’d left the hospital after having lost my legs. I told him, and I told myself that I would give it some thought. I’d have to see if I could still get the help free though. I’d be calling the doctor on Monday morning. It couldn’t hurt to know what my options were. I was too depressed and bitter for my own good that for damn sure! I knew it. Hell everybody that knew me knew it. Yes, Montrose, Monday Morning.


He rolled on top of her and reveled in the feel of her nakedness against his own. “My God how wonderful you are woman,” said Rodney.

“You’re pretty wonderful yourself,” she said. He gently massaged her breasts. “That tickles but don’t stop. I like the feeling.”

“I like it better than you like it,” he said.

“Arguable, but remotely possible,” she said. “Oh, and I think it’s time you did your duty.” He smiled his understanding of her words and slid down her body to obey her command. She spread her legs just enough for him to get his face and tongue where it was supposed to be and do what they were supposed to do.

She shivered and squirmed as he worshipped the femaleness of her. “Do me,” she said. “Do me now and don’t be gentle about it!”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.