Best Friends Forever
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

As I watched my ex-best friend across the room, he looked down, no, frustrated. If things worked the way I hoped, depending as I was on my own impromptu planning, I’d be changing that look he was wearing quite significantly. Oh yes, yes I would.

I saw her come in. She was short, she was chunky, she was plain looking, and she was mine.

“Okay, Jimmy, what’s all of this about? Why the tone of voice, the urgency,” she said.

“You remember me telling you about my wife and ex-best friend?” I said.

“Yes, what of it. You’ve put all of that behind you or so you said,” she said.

“Yes, I did, and I did, but they haven’t,” I said.

“What? What are you talking about,” she said.

“He’s here,” I said.

“Who?”

“My ex-best friend,” I said.

“What?”

I let my glance casually pass over to where Rodney Pollard was seated sipping a beer. It was clear he was there to see me. Someone must have cued him that I’d worked at Shadows. It was old news, my working here, but not that old. And, I still did frequent the place.

“So that’s him?” she said. “Nice looking cuss.” I frowned.

“Oh don’t get your panties all in an uproar,” she said. “Anyway, so what’s the plan?”

“I’m going to introduce you,” I said. She gave me a look, then a broad smile, then a small giggle.

“Oh, I see,” she said.

“Yes, indeed,” I said. I took her by the hand and led her over to the man’s table. We came up more or less behind him. It worked for me. We just stood there watching him, maybe two feet behind his left shoulder. He seemed to sense something. He turned and his eyes shot open.

“Jimmy!”

“Yes, Mister Pollard. Nadine Spence, this is Rodney Pollard, wife stealer,” I said. “Oh and I guess daughter stealer too, but as to that I’m not sure if it was more him or the woman,” I said. I was not being nice nor did I intend to be.

“Jimmy, what are you...” started Rodney Pollard.

“The question is what are you doing here? I got out of your way and left town. I did that in order to be left alone. Did you not get that part?” I said.

“Jimmy, you and I have got to talk,” he said. “Oh, and nice to meet you Miss Spence.” Nadine nodded.

“Why? Why do we have to talk? We’ve done all of that, and the woman made it plain that I was going to be towing her line or I wasn’t welcome around your place. Kind of puts the boff on us having anything to talk about,” I said.

“She told me about the, well, the last time you came by. She felt bad about how she came off toward you, again,” he said.

“Really? Sounded pretty much like a rehearsed set-in-stone position to me,” I said.

“I won’t kid you, Jim, she was a bit worried that you might, well, make waves down the line. She was trying to ensure against that. But none of it was meant to cut you out of Rebecca’s life. That is also the truth,” he said.

“So whaddya want, Rod, old buddy? Why are you here?” I said.

“Isn’t it obvious? I, we, want you to come back and be in our lives and part of the family and all of it, again,” he said. He tendered a hopeful glance in Nadine’s direction. She’d sat across from him and was stony faced and not adding anything to the conversation.

“But, I’ll still be Mister Jimmy. That also true?” I said.

“No. Claire, after the fact, realized that asking that of you was too much. She didn’t think it was that big a deal at the time, and she was worried that calling you what you really are, might confuse the baby, but, she’s moved on from that thinking. You’ll be daddy too, if you will, just like me,” he said.

“Just like you?” I said. I looked over at my woman.

“Whaddya think, Nadine? Think I oughta chance it one more time?” I said.

“Well, it’s your call, honey. The worst they could do is betray you again; then of course there wouldn’t be any doubt about their intentions. And, if it’s really on the up and up, well, you’d be able to be around your daughter again. How old is she now?” she said.

“She’s nine,” said Rodney. Nadine nodded.

“Honey,” she said looking at me, “given the young girl’s age it might not be a bad idea to chance it. She’s still young enough to learn to see you as her dad.”

Nadine referencing Rebecca as “my” daughter and me as her dad didn’t seem to faze my ex-best friend. I caught myself nodding in the affirmative.

“Does Claire know you’re here tonight?” I said.

“Yes, but she’s at the hotel down the street. She didn’t think that we’d actually have any luck at finding you tonight; she’s resting. I should tell you we hired a PI to find you. He said that you sometimes came here on weekend nights. We planned to sandbag you and talk to you if it took us a month to connect. This is the sixth night in a row that I’ve come here. And you surprised me; I didn’t notice you coming in,” he said.

“Yeah, I gathered that, I mean that I’d surprised you. But then, you’ve surprised me in the past haven’t you,” I said. “So maybe I get a pass this time.” My sarcasm was not lost on him; he looked down.

I looked over at Nadine. She was very slightly nodding yes.

“Okay, Rodney, go back to your woman and tell her your mission was a success that the long missing daddy of our baby, hers and mine, has been found well and willing to see what we will see,” I said.

“Okay, okay, oh damn ‘kay,” he said. “Jim, you won’t regret it. Nadine it is really good to see you. Jim has needed—a friend—I’m glad he found you.”

“Nice to meet you too,” she said.

“Oh, and Rodney, I’m coming, and Nadine is coming with me. No problem with that, right?” I said.

“No, no problem whatsoever,” he said. I nodded.

We said a few more things to each other relating to the when and the how we would be coming down, and then the man was gone. Nadine had not met Claire of course, not a good thing, but not a bad thing either. That little fact however was going to lead to some difficulties quite unforeseen at that moment but inevitable given the overall situation as it would play out over time.


We’d set up a time for me to revisit the Pollard residence back in the Valley. I was following Nadine’s orders. I didn’t trust the Pollards, but Nadine seemed to; well, she didn’t know them, I did. The time and day selected was the following Sunday at lunchtime. We’d be staying the whole day, and have dinner as well at the Pollards’ plush digs.

I was anxious and worried. While I did have an almost violent urge to see my baby, I was not going to let her, her being my ex-wife, dictate what I could and could not do, read interfere with my being able to influence how my child was raised and grew into womanhood and adulthood. No, if I was going to be cut off or controlled by Claire; I would be gone. There’d be a whole lot less heartache for everyone if that turned out to be the decision that I had to make.

Nadine’s car was a ten year old Hyundai. It ran good, but had over a hundred thousand miles on it, and she’d bought it new! Put another way, Nadine did a lot of driving. Littleton was a couple of hours by car southeast of the Valley. There were maybe ten thousand souls resident in Littleton. It’d suited Nadine and me.

We pulled up in front of the Pollards’ residence ten minutes early. Pretty good time if I do say so. Well, I had been, and actually still was, a driver. I knew how to estimate ETAs real close.

She’d been driving as she usually did. Well, it was her car. I was saving up to get me a used pickup. Every family needs a pickup as a second vehicle. And no, Nadine and I weren’t a family yet, but I was thinking more and more about putting move on her to get married. But, we’d both been stung pretty badly in our respective pasts. Neither of us was jumping into anything.

Parking, she looked over at me. “Well, this is it. Jim, either it goes well or it doesn’t. We’ll just play it one day at a time, hell, one hour at a time. If she’s gonna do things good, well then good. If not, well it will be what it will be,” she said. I nodded.

“Exactly,” I said.

The man met us at the door to the building, as soon as we’d traversed the circular driveway that wrapped around the building in a “U” with parking to both the north and the south of the complex, and parked.

“Jimmy it is so good to see you and you too Nadine. Let’s go up. Claire is waiting for us, and Rebecca too,” said Rodney. He sounded sincere in his greetings. The ride up was short.

“Thanks,” I said.

The two of us followed him inside the spacious condo. My ex-wife was some twenty feet across the room waiting; she was smiling, how sincerely might have been arguable. At her side, and to her right was my daughter. Rebecca marched, not walked, but marched toward us. “Hello, dad,” she said, looking straight up at me. Okay, she’d startled me. It looked like I was going to get the full court press; they sure as hell had scored with their opening gambits. I actually felt tears begin to cluster at the corners of my eyes.

“Well, and hello to you too,” I said. She came close to me and hugged me. That she’d been coached was so obvious it was comical. But, that said, I was grateful for the display. It looked as if my first firewall had been breached.

At that point in the tableau Claire came towards me, stopped, and came forward again closing the distance between us and hugged me. She stepped back, turned and offered her hand to Nadine, a bit less enthusiastically than might have been, I thought. But, maybe I was being overly suspicious. I guess we’d be seeing.


“Look, Rod, I’m okay with Jim being around her. He isn’t here that much and won’t be given his new address and job and all. And, her calling him dad, after you and I talked it over, that’s okay too. I guess he deserves that much recognition for sure. But her, his new lady friend? She could really complicate things. What if they decide they want to share physical custody at some point. They won’t get full custody, I know that. But, they could go for summers or some other complicated formula of ‘Becca staying with them. That could impact our plans for Rebecca. That must not happen. When he was living on the row and inside the bottle, there was no problem, but now, I just don’t know...”

“What are you saying, Claire! You want him drunk and on welfare? Is that what you’re actually saying? I’m surprised at you! The man is the baby’s father, her biological and real father. I’m her real father too, and he realizes that.”

“Yes, but if he marries Nadine there will be a new set of relationships to deal with,” she said.

“So what! We’ll deal with them. It’s called life, Claire. Chill, okay. Stop worrying about problems that aren’t even problems. And if the time comes when there are complications, as you say, then we’ll deal with those then too. Period,” he said, “Okay!” She nodded.

When her husband put his foot down, well, he put his foot down and there was nothing for it except to do as he said. It was one thing about Rodney Pollard that she admired, his strength of character. It was also one of the things that drove her nuts. Had her Jimmy been half the man that her Rodney was, well, there might not have been a Rodney in her life, not in any meaningful sense.

“Okay,” she said. “I’ll do the best I can. I’m just concerned that’s all. Jimmy didn’t react normally to my divorcing him and marrying you and that’s weighed on me a lot ever since. Okay? I guess I’m just a worrier.”

“Okay, honey, but don’t worry. Let me do the worrying for us and for Jim and Nadine as well. I can well imagine that they’ve got their concerns. Whatever happens we’ll just deal with it.” He said.

“Look, I’m inviting them to stay over. We can take them out to breakfast tomorrow, and maybe lunch too. I do have a building to check out tomorrow that I’m thinking of investing in. I’ll do it after breakfast and be back in plenty of time for lunch. It’s that highrise downtown that Marcort Industries is building. I’ve been thinking of buying it and doing a turnaround sale of the place to make the big bucks. My crew has done the ground work on the possible buy on it and after I get a look see at progress on the building and whatnot; well, it might be ours before the end of the quarter,” he said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.