KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY - Cover

KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY

 

Chapter 19

My first class today was Typing ... seeing the pretty Miss Lindsey picked up my spirits.

“Hello, Clark ... are you OK?” she said.

“Yeah, just had a problem earlier, but seeing my very favorite teacher, always puts a smile on my face, and a lift in my step,” I said.

“Well, that is such a nice thing to say. Have you done any more on your writing?” she asked sitting up on her desk crossing her formidable legs. She wears rather short skirts.

“No, our Mom has been in poor spirits recently, so we stayed up and helped her get through the evening,” I said.

She ran her hand through my hair saying, “If I ever have children I would love to have a ... son like you, Clark!”

“RING!”

I moved to my workstation and the day went along.

My sister didn’t go out of her way to talk much to me even during the classes we had together. I saw her talking to a couple of guys. She walked over to me and said, “I’m sorry, Clark—I was just so wound up hoping you might do more than kiss me. I’ve been petty and I’m sorry!”

“You know ... that I love you?” I said.

“Yeah I guess my hormones got to me this morning,” she said wrapping her arms around me so very tightly.


We got home to find Mom preparing for dinner. I went over to her and gave her a hug saying, “You are so strong. That smells terrific. Do Kara and I have time for a flight before dinner?”

“Certainly! I wouldn’t want to be an old stick in the mud,” she said.

“Maybe a middle-aged stick in the mud but don’t call yourself old, Martha!” I said.

“You may be taller than me, but I know BS when I hear it young man,” she said. “With your father gone, I may start having dinner earlier. Would that be all right with you kids?”

Giving her a kiss on the back of her neck I said, “You’re the boss, Beautiful!”

“How are the new outfit’s working out?” she asked.

“Wonderful. They seem to be holding up very well. I always knew that you were the best with a needle and thread.”

“I sure had fun making those for you. I’m glad that you’re enjoying them. How does 90 minutes’ sound? That would give you and your sister time to fly around the world a few times?”

“Yes, it would. Have you decided about selling the farm?” I asked.

“Yes, I have—I’m going to accept the offer. How big of a place do you think we need?”

“Let me think about that for a while, please?” I replied.

She put her hand on mine and said, “Go—your sister is waiting outside for you.”

I left her humming and found my sister floating above the doorway.

“I heard you guys talking. I’m glad we’re moving. No more chores!”

“I doubt that,” I said as I rose from the ground to give her a kiss, “Where would you like to fly to, beautiful one?”

“How about to the North Pole? I’ve often wondered what it really looked like up there,” she said.

“Great idea and if you get cold you can always put your arms around me.”

“Let’s go!” she said, grabbing my hand.

We flew straight up for fifteen miles. I did some checking to find most planes fly at only 40,000 to 45,000 feet up, so 80,000 seemed high enough not to bother anybody.

Then, we took a leisurely flight due north. Not having pre-planned this, we flew by the seat of our pants around 3,800 miles to roughly above the North Pole and descended carefully to view the landscape. It was so very beautiful—ice everywhere!

I heard, through Super-Hearing, a person yelling and saw some hikers, one kneeling by the other. Instinctively, I went down to them and asked if I could do anything.

I must have shocked him, but the fellow told me that his companion’s leg might be broken. I used my X-Ray vision and easily confirmed that it was broken in two places. I asked him which way to other people and he pointed the way. Kara came down, picked up the injured girl with a smile. I picked up the fellow and we flew them to the edge of where he had directed us.

After setting him and his fellow hiker down, we waved goodbye. He waved goodbye, looking terribly confused.

Back in the air, Kara asked, “Are you sure we should have done that, Kal?”

“They may have both died, Kara,” I said, “I think Dad would have approved of us helping.”


We arrived home, landing just outside the front door and came in.

“Perfect timing kids. Clean up and come to dinner!”

As we walked back into the room she asked, “Where did you two fly off to tonight?”

“The North Pole,” Kara replied.

“Anything interesting happen?” was Mom’s next question.

“Well,” I said, “We heard, then saw two people who were out by themselves on the ice. One of them had broken her leg,” I said.

“And Kal landed and talked to them,” Kara chimed in, “We took them to where the girl could have her leg looked at. Kal was such a hero!”

“Well, that sounds very exciting. You finally saved your first person. I knew it would happen sooner than later,” mom said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.