KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY
Chapter 17

 

There was a convoy of Army vehicles traveling through Nebraska and Kansas in the days and weeks following ‘our sighting.’

We got home each day, did our chores and made some butter. We kept Mr. Haney more than supplied with only three hours of work a week. Our only limiting factor was that we only were milking our cows once a day.

We would play Super-tag around our property occasionally having a flying kiss. While doing this we would check out our fences to see what needed to be taken care of.

When we woke up to snow on the ground and the roofs, we took turns, melting and collecting it, then bottling it to go in the fridge. Mom insisted we use glass bottles, and boil the water first.

So, whenever we went to town, we got at least 24 glass bottles of something to drink, and started our own recycling subsystem, after power washing the insides using our super breaths first, then filling them with the snow water, boiling it for a few seconds, using our Heat Vision, and freezing that, keeping it in our refrigerator. A warm breath of air, or a few seconds of our heat vision and we had very cold water to drink.

Mom revealed two final additions to our outfits, yellow belts and red capes!

She had given our red pants belt loops of red, making us matching yellow belts that connected in front with a matching, yellow material covered buckle that looked like a knob on a radio.

She added the ‘S’ to the back of the red capes in reverse colors from the front. I felt kind of stupid trying it on, but both Mom and Kara said that it looked great. Kara ... looked stunning in hers.

She posed like models do and I was very impressed by how hot she was. She asked me to pose. I recalled pictures of body builders and I did the first one I could remember.

I heard both ladies giggle, so I guess it’s OK after all. We went outside in our complete outfits. I wrapped myself in my cape, asking Kara to try to use a power against it. She attempted to blow me over, but the cape acted like a kind of ‘force field, ‘ deflecting the cold air she blew at me.

She tried the same thing, and I used heat vision, but her cape defended it from ever even getting to her. We did some flying, seeing each other’s cape, wave in the breeze.

We can make this work!


The US Army showed up at school explaining what had happened, asking anyone to call if they were ever to see anything in the sky they can’t explain. The buzz of that was all over the school. After school, our group of friends all sat down and talked about it.

“I heard that they thought it was an asteroid,” Pete said.

“It couldn’t have been an asteroid—they get burned up, hitting the top of our atmosphere, don’t they, Kal?” my sister questioned.

“That would depend on what the composition of the asteroid was,” I added. “Besides that, there are currently over 3,000 satellites in orbit around the earth. That doesn’t even count the ‘space-junk’ out there. It could have been one of them.”

“How big was the ‘thing’ in the sky?” Lana asked.

“They didn’t say anything about that, it must be a national secret,” Chloe speculated. A conspiracy theorist in the making?

I added my two cents, “If it was going fast enough, it could be the size of a person, couldn’t it?” I winked at my sister.

“Is that what you think it was Kal, a person? How could that happen? A person falling out of the sky—that doesn’t make any sense?” Chloe said.

The bus honked and we all got up.

Chloe came up to me asking, “Kal, do you know something about this? I hear you talking to Mr. Siegel a lot about different things. Do you think that we’re being invaded by flying people?”

“Wow! You have quite the active imagination, Miss Sullivan. You’ll be a perfect addition to the Torch,” I said.

“Well, Kal—I’ve done some research and a few people remembered seeing something hit the earth over sixteen years ago,” Pete’s pretty girlfriend said.

“Really! Did they take a picture of it?” I asked trying to stay calm.

“No, but everyone’s story sounded the same to me. I looked it up. It was the middle of June seventeen years ago. I got to go, nice talking to you Kal,” the likely future intrepid reporter said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.