KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY - Cover

KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY

 

Chapter 6

“I think ... I see everything,” I said, staying focused and looked all around, seeing Dad again, then I looked outside the front of the house and saw my snowman.

“Mom, I just ... I, well – I guess it’s nothing after all. Thanks for checking on me,” I said, getting up and knocking on my sister’s door.

“Come in, Kal,” she said.

“Did you just hear me, through the door, K?” I asked coming in.

“No, silly, you have a particular style to your door knocking.”

“I just got a new power!” I said sitting down next to her.

Putting her brush down, she turned and was as excited for me, as I was. Her hair has really gotten long, she wasn’t cutting hers until we found a way to cut mine.

“Well, what is it?” she said, giggling.

“Well, I’m able to see ... I can see through ... I think I have X-ray eyes?”

“Really?” she said looking into them directly.

“Mom was looking into my eyes, because I was having pain, but looked away and after focusing I saw Dad lying down. I saw my pretty sister combing her hair. Isn’t that X-ray eyes?”

“That’s X-Ray ... Vision, Kal! That is so cool ... I can’t wait to get mine, this coming June! Look towards the kitchen, what do you see?”

I turned that direction and saw Dad sneaking up on Mom, giving her a kiss.

“Mom and Dad are making out in the kitchen,” I reported. She giggled.

“Does it happen all at once, or do you have to help it happen?” she asked.

“Huh?” was my response.

“Look at me, close your eyes. Try the focusing, now open slowly...”

“I see your face, oh, that is so cool – I see you, just below the skin, your muscles and such. Now I see your skull, even it is pretty. Wow, instant biology class,” I said, moving down from her head, “Ooh, sorry.”

“I shouldn’t have moved from your head. Talk about invading someone’s privacy,” I said turning away from her, embarrassed.

I was blushing, big time. Kara put her hand on my chin and said, “You can look anywhere you want on me ... I’ve got absolutely nothing to hide from you!”

Wow!

“KIDS, Dinner!”

“Kal, look and see what we are having for dinner?” my eager sister asked.

I tried and the ‘hole’ I was seeing through had enlarged, to about double the size from before.

“Chicken and mashed potatoes,” I answered.

On the way out of her room, she got hold of my hand, as we walked into the kitchen. I pulled out her chair for her, as I often did and we all sat down.

After dinner, since it was rather cold out, too cold for Kara, I sat down at our sixty-year-old piano.

K had been bugging me to learn how to play it, so this was that night.

She had a class that involved learning to read music, so she showed me middle C, by sitting next to me.

After explaining the other keys, plus the sharps and flats, she got out the sheet music to a very old piece of music called ‘Heart and Soul.’

I plunked it out very slowly, and the second time through, I was much better.

“Kal,” mom said, “Play it again, and I can sing the words for you, OK?”...

Heart and soul
I fell in love with you
Heart and soul
The way a fool would do madly
Because you held me tight
Heart and soul
I beg to be adored
lost control
And tumbled overboard gladly
That magic night we kissed
Oh, but your lips were thrilling
Much too much too thrilling
Never before were mine
so strangely thrilling

Now I see
What one embrace can do
Come on, look at me
You’ve got me loving you madly

Dad took her hand and they danced. I never saw them dance before. It was lovely.

I stopped playing and our parents were embraced in a kiss.


With the advent of our five weeks off of school, our chores returned to back in the morning. I didn’t mind much, but Kara seemed a bit torqued about it. We both took our time, finishing before nine am most mornings.

Afterwards, we’d go somewhere and Kara gave me new things to try, using my ‘Super Skill Set, ‘ which seemed like a great idea. Practice makes perfect! So far, there was,

Super Speed
Super Vision (specifically X-Ray)
Super Hearing
Invulnerability (at least, partial)
Super Recollection/Memory

She had Dad’s stopwatch, plus a pad and pencil. Today, she was attempting to find out if my powers degrade with use. I understood, and we began.

First, were our standards. She asked me, to do the run around the property, at a comfortable speed, timing it, of course. Next, my X-ray vision; she asked me to point myself towards Smallville, 22 miles away and try to find out if I could focus enough to see that far. Try as I might, I couldn’t get there.

I mentioned a mile marker sign that I recognized, telling us that I did see over five miles away. That established that I not only had X-ray vision, but also Telescopic Vision. Cool!

While we were doing ‘eye’ tests, I went to look at where I had buried our spaceship. I looked straight down, and found it easily enough and focused, telescopically, to see our names on the ship.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.