The Warrior Caught by Flowers - Cover

The Warrior Caught by Flowers

Copyright© 2016 by Adraine Farris

Chapter 19: The One Who is Really In Charge

Still, Hiryu wasn’t about to let his sister get away with her crazy scheme. She may have won the first battle, but the fight was far from over. He kept it up throughout the morning, pointing out all the unreasonableness of her plan, echoed by Eigis. It did not matter what they threatened, said or did. Bells resolve was unbreakable stone and metal, and she was deaf to all complaints. Egis was going to live and be happy and never eat another human being again, and that was final.

They were all glad to stop for lunch at the village Bells had come to the day before.

“Bells,” said Hiryu wearily, still trying to make her see sense. “Look at him. He – is – a –demon. Mother’ll probably kill him without even thinking. And even if she doesn’t, she certainly will after she finds out he’s been eating me.”

“And you were very delicious,” Eigis added, licking his lips.

Hiryu glared. “That’s it,” he exclaimed in a venomous whisper, curling a fist, “Before this trip is over, I’m going to beat you until you bleed.”

Eigis was completely unconcerned. He even smiled. “Go ahead and try it, human.” He challenged, crouching down, ready.

Bells’ fists, smacking them both, made them remember who was really in charge. They both yelped and rubbed their respective jaw and cheek where the blow had landed.

“Enough fighting,” The wiry brunette snapped, putting her hands on her hips, one wrist wrapped with Eigis’s chains, her expression deadly. “If you don’t stop antagonizing each other, I’ll beat you both myself.”

Neither of them challenged her statement, especially her older brother, who had plenty of experience of being beat by her before.

His sister focused her attention on him. “And you! Stop trying to convince me not to bring Eigis home, especially since we are halfway there. I’m not changing my mind. I know he tried to eat you, even tried to steal your soul. You’ve told me at least three thousand times in the last hour. I healed your injuries, remember? Of course Eigis is dangerous. He’s a demon.” She paused, her voice turning gentle. “I’m really sorry, Hiryu. That was an awful, terrible thing to happen to you. It must’ve been horrible, thinking you were about to die, and in such a painful, demeaning way too. No one should have to go through something like that. And you’re right. Eigis should – and will be – punished for what he did. But – let’s not kill him, alright? Please. That’s all I’m asking.”

Her right hand reached out, slipping under the demon’s chin, gently rubbing his throat. Eigis couldn’t help it – every muscle in his body relaxed, his eyes closed in silts of pleasure, a loud hum vibrating up from his throat and through his half parted lips. Hiryu stared; just as amazed as he was the first time, seeing the terrifying monster that had almost eaten him alive turned into a large, ecstatically happy feline.

His sister smiled at Eigis fondly, scratching faster. After a few minutes she withdrew her hands, stroking his furry ears instead. Only extraordinary good balance kept the cat demon from falling over.

“You see? Eigis isn’t so bad, once you get to understand him better. And he’s young enough that I’m sure we can teach him that eating people is wrong. Mother certainly won’t stand for it.”

Hiryu frowned. But after a minute he sighed, unable to think of a compelling argument. “Alright fine, you win. I’ll stop asking to kill him. But you’d better give him a proper punishment for what he did.”

Bells nodded. “No worries. I’ll make sure. And if I don’t, Mother will.”

Lifting her hand, she shook a finger as the demon opened his eyes, her voice firm. “Understand Eigis? No more biting. Not Hiryu, not me, not any other human.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.