The Almighty MMORPG
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2016 by Orinks

“Game on indefinite hiatus” Posted by: Alchemy Development

“It is with sad regret that we must post this message. The current reasons for this change is classified. Despite this, what we can tell you that won’t completely blow your mind is that the technicalities are simply not ready. We wish we could say otherwise, but immediately starting now, all worlds will be frozen and current testers of The Almighty MMORPG” will be immediately removed from the game, their rigs bricked. Should we develop a new version, new rigs will be available when technicalities are feasible.


Deer Mrs. McClintock, It is with sad regret that we email you about the passing of your husband, Michael McClintock. Upon further examination, his brain was fried when we attempted to remove his avatar from our game that officially closed this morning. He must not have gotten our news bulletin sent out to our four testers, of which he was one. Alchemy sends well wishes to you and your family in this trying time. We do plan on developing this technology further, and we will most certainly offer you a first spot to any future early access opportunities. Our records show that, fortunately, no other deaths were reported since Michael’s untimely and unfortunate death. Best wishes to you and yours, Alchemy Developer Studios.


Gloria was lucky. Once she had received the news that the game would be no longer operational, she simply logged out, and did what Alchemy suggested she should never do. Gloria unplugged her gaming rig from the wall. The rig was immediately fried to bits, as well as a sizable fire being started in her home. She dashed toward the family closet. high up on a shelf, she grabbed her trusty fire extinguisher and put out the fire as quickly as humanly possible before it could spread to any other rooms. She also sprayed the melted bits of metal on the floor, ensuring the fire was completely gone.


Benjamin Campbell was pissed. Sure, he got the game for free as a tester, but he knew of many people who would enjoy this. [Oh well. I guess it’s time to find a job at Amazon Global... ]

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.