A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica
Chapter 64: Fantasy Fulfilled

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 64: Fantasy Fulfilled - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 2. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first two books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Military   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

September 3, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

"Good morning, Sensei," I said, bowing to Sensei Jim.

"Good morning!" he said, waving me to a chair in his office.

"How was your trip?" I asked.

"Enlightening. I spent most of my time acting as a manservant to Sensei Robert and Sensei Hiro."

"He who will lead must first serve," I said.

"Someday, I'm going to send you to Sensei Hiro, should he live long enough. You understand."

"Does that mean you are now 6th Dan?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you. I've received excellent reports from Ichirō and Sharon. And a very positive report from Therese."

"Therese?" I asked.

"I was in touch with her every month. Someone impartial had to tell me how things were going!"

I nodded, "I was sure you were in touch with Sensei Ichirō and Sensei Sharon. They were extremely helpful. I'm not surprised you were in touch with Therese."

"You made the right decision about her promotion. Involving Ichirō and Sharon showed proper humility and understanding. And from the promotion book, I see you were not frivolous in handing out belts, nor were you too strict. My faith in you was warranted."

"Don't forget Jolene. She was instrumental in helping me keep things going, and the last month or so, Therese was teaching as well."

"Tell me your opinion of Jolene," he said with a smile.

"She's improved her attitude and is much more contemplative than she was before. She's working out who she is and her place in the world and isn't grasping at things like a spoiled toddler."

He nodded, "That was indeed her problem. A promotion would simply have fed her baser instincts. As we discussed, she needed a Sensei who was far more blunt than I wished to be. I hope you've learned that such bluntness is not appropriate in every situation."

"I'm learning," I said. "But sometimes it's called for. May I ask a question?"

"Certainly."

"The afterschool class. Was that a setup?" I smirked.

"A test, Steve," he chuckled. "Yes, I let discipline slide over the last few months, which made the parents happy because they always felt I was too tough on the students. None of them quit, so either you let the discipline slide or found a way to fix it. And knowing you, you fixed it."

I nodded, "Yes. A bit of confrontation with the parents and firmness with the kids was all it took. They responded well to discipline, meted out in small measures."

"Very good. I saw your note that you'll be in California starting tomorrow. You'll be back on Friday evening?"

"Yes. I'll be in LA on Tuesday and Wednesday, then fly to San Francisco on Wednesday evening. I'll fly home on Friday evening. Why?"

"Next Saturday, I'll award you a stripe. And Jolene as well."

I stood and bowed, "Thank you, Sensei."

"Say nothing to Jolene. I want it to be a surprise for her."

"My lips are sealed. I won't say anything about mine, either."

"The next promotion is more difficult," he said. "And might well require a visit to Japan. We'll see. But, as of Saturday, you will be a Sensei in your own right."

I bowed again," Thank you again."

"I need to get some rest, and I suspect you need to be with your family before your trip."

He stood, and we bowed, and I headed home. As I walked, I realized I was happier for Jolene than I was for myself. My goal for the future was to do my best to keep her on the path of self-discovery. She'd made so much progress; I hoped the promotion wouldn't derail it.

Becka and Len didn't show up for the Rap Session, which didn't surprise me. We had pushed her pretty hard, and even if she was going to change her views, it was a lot to process. We had an excellent discussion about the meaning of life, and when everyone left, Jessica, Kara, Elyse, Jennifer, Josie, and I got together in the living room of the coach house.

"I asked everyone here because I have an idea for what to do when Veronica gets married. I told Steve about it, and he said we all needed to talk," Jessica said. "I'll get right to it — I think we should consider Abbie for our nanny."

"Abbie?!" Elyse asked, recoiling a bit. "Where did that idea come from?"

"Who is Matthew's favorite person on the entire planet, bar none?" I chuckled.

Elyse smiled, "Well, yes. But Abbie? As a nanny?"

"It's not so far-fetched," Jennifer said. "She loves kids, even if she'd never have one of her own. And from everything she's said to me, she's not going anywhere in the near future or probably the long term. She'll be around when Jesse graduates High School."

"I think we can wait for that," I chuckled. "The thought of Jesse as a teenager frightens me!"

"No kidding!" Josie laughed. "He scares me as a three-year-old! I like Abbie, but I'm not sure."

"She's a sweet, smart, loving young woman," Kara said. "The kids love her, especially Matthew. Jesse isn't quite sure what to make of her, and that's probably a good thing. Birgit loves being held by her and playing with her."

"What's your take, Steve?" Jennifer asked.

"If she's willing, I think she'd do a good job."

"It sounds to me that Elyse and Josie are the ones who are uncomfortable," Jessica said.

"I'm not sure that's the right word," Elyse replied. "I just never considered it. I guess I'd be OK with it. Josie?"

"If Jennifer and Steve are OK with it, then I am."

"Is it OK with everyone if Steve broaches this with her?" Jessica said.

Everyone nodded.

"I'll talk to her tonight and see what she says," I said.

That evening, after dinner, I asked Abbie to come to my study.

"I have a proposition for you," I said.

She giggled, "You don't have to proposition me! Just take me!"

"Cute," I chuckled. "But I wasn't talking about sex."

"Bummer!" she smirked.

"All kidding aside, the kids' moms and I talked this afternoon. You heard that Veronica is getting married next Summer, right?"

"Sure."

"We were wondering if you would like to be our nanny."

"Me?!" she gasped. "Take care of all those kids?! Are you nuts?!"

"Me being crazy is an open question! But collective No, we're not. The kids love you. You love them. You've been around to see what Veronica does."

"But..." she began.

"But what?" I interrupted. "You wanted to find a way to integrate with my family, and I think we found the perfect solution."

"I don't know," she replied.

"You have time to think about it. It pays well; your room and board are included, and you'll have access to a car. You'll receive paid vacation and one full 24-hour period a week off during the weekend. You'll also have two afternoons a week off. Veronica took Tuesdays and Thursdays because Kara can be home those afternoons. And you'd get to be here. With the kids. And with me."

"With you? Like with you?"

"For as long as you want to maintain that part of our relationship, yes."

"Would I be able to have Friday night off instead of Saturday like Veronica has? Friday is the best night at the club."

"Sure. And we can work around other times, too. So you'll think about it?"

"Yes. The fringe benefits ARE pretty attractive," Abbie smirked.

"One other thing. With my sister having moved out, Jessica, Kara, and I would like you to move upstairs. You aren't a guest. You're a friend and part of the family."

Abbie smiled broadly, "I like how that sounds. Thanks."

September 4, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

"What time do you need to be at the airport today?" Kara asked.

"I told Charlie I'd be at O'Hare at 1:00pm for our 2:30pm flight."

"I triple-checked on the hotel reservations," Elyse said. "Not that Charlie would object at all!"

"No, she wouldn't," I said. "But I would. When Charlie and I ended things, we ended them. And it's going to stay that way."

"I guess you'll just have to behave on your trip, Tiger," Jessica teased.

"I'm taking my new book. It arrived on Saturday. That'll keep me occupied for sure."

"Which one?" Kara asked.

"Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy. It's the next one in the 'Jack Ryan' series. I purposefully didn't start it so I could read it on the trip. At 650 pages, it should keep me occupied."

"I don't have class today, so I'm driving Steve to the airport," Kara said. "I'll come by the hospital to walk you home later, Jess."

We finished breakfast and took Birgit and Albert with us on our walk to the hospital. After we dropped Jess at the ER, we took a walk around the UofC Campus.

"Are you going to keep running with Jacquelyn for the rest of the school year?"

"That's the plan," I said. "I'm not sure what I'll do once she goes off to college next August. I have to do something. I was thinking of getting a treadmill, which would make it a lot easier in the Winter because we don't have a Y membership, and I don't really want to pay for one just to use the track in the morning."

"What about swimming lessons for the kids?"

"That is something to consider," I said. "But we'd have to sort out the membership with them. Our circumstances are likely unique!"

"That's for sure!"

"When do you need to start looking for a teaching job?" I asked.

"Soon. I want to have something lined up for the Fall semester as soon as possible. And don't forget, we start trying to have a little brother or sister for Birgit at the end of this month!"

"Which would put you due in, what, July? Assuming we get it right the first time!"

"When haven't you?" Kara giggled. "That's why Elyse had her tubes tied. She doesn't want to risk another baby."

"What about you?" I asked.

"I haven't decided yet. I was thinking about that, or maybe an IUD. Jess told me about them after I heard Abbie mention it. I'll worry about it after the baby is born."

"Do we have names?" I asked.

"I was thinking Jonathan, if it's a boy. And Stephie, if it's a girl."

"Stephie? Really?" I asked.

"Yes. I know it might seem strange, but it would honor her the same way we honored Birgit. Two significant girls in your life who died far too young."

I nodded, and Kara put her arm around me as we carefully pushed the stroller and buggy along the tree-lined path.

September 4, 1989, Los Angeles, California

Charlie and I had checked into the InterContinental Hotel at California Plaza. We'd gone straight to the hotel from the airport because it was after 5:00pm when we were downtown. We had a company dinner planned for Tuesday night, so Charlie and I opted for a quiet dinner at the hotel.

"Go figure," she said as we relaxed with drinks in the bar after dinner.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm in California with the ONE GUY on the planet I can't take back to my room!" she laughed.

"Sorry," I chuckled. "I will let you expense batteries if you need to!"

"Now that's just cold," Charlie groaned. "But I don't think asking you for an exception to your rules is a good idea for either of us."

"No, it's not. We don't talk a lot these days. How are things going?"

"Good. I'm seeing a couple of guys. Nothing serious, you know. I do see Clayton every once in a while. I need my fix of Steve-level sex!"

I chuckled, "Who's better?"

"Not a chance, Buster! I know better than to answer THAT question!"

"What did you think of the five candidates?" I asked.

Barbara had sent us their names and résumés the previous Thursday so we could review them.

"The Stanford grad is the one who stands out the most."

"I agree. Jennifer actually knew her when she and Josie were there. My concern is that she's the highest-priced of the five. And we do have to watch salaries."

"LA is much more expensive than Chicago, which easily accounts for the difference. Didn't you give both Barbara and Cynthia raises when they moved here?"

"Yes, to account for the cost of living. I'm not saying we don't do it; we just have to be careful. Remember, I'm pretty egalitarian when it comes to salaries."

"The number is in the range on the hiring form. If it weren't, we wouldn't be seeing her. Kimmy got a salary survey from Doctor Lambert that helped us determine the right pay."

"OK. I surrender. If she's the best, then you hire her."

"Subject to a veto based on your 'gut'."

"I've rarely exercised it, but yes, subject to that."

We finished our drinks and headed up the elevator to our floor. We had rooms next to each other but without a connecting door between them. Charlie made a half-hearted, teasing attempt to entice me to her room, but we both laughed, hugged, and went into our own rooms. I changed into shorts and a T-shirt and opened my book.

September 5, 1989, Los Angeles, California

"Good morning!" Barbara said when we walked into the office.

"Hi! Where are the others?"

"Andy is on a service call, and Cynthia is out selling stuff. You know, they're doing their jobs! You'll see Cynthia in San Francisco for your first meeting. Anyway, your first candidate is here. As for tomorrow, I confirmed you for your morning meeting at Duranona and Associates, a one-on-one lunch with Ben Jackson, and your afternoon meeting with Ford, Jackson, and Finch. A car will be here to take you to the airport at 4:00pm. Charlie, your car will be here at 9:00am."

"You're on the ball! Charlie, are you ready?"

"Let's do it!"

We interviewed all five candidates, taking a break to eat the sandwiches that Barbara had ordered. All the candidates were good, and nothing told me to veto any of them. After we finished the last interview, we sat down with Barbara.

"Cecelia Jorgenson is my choice," Charlie said.

"I agree," Barbara said. "Steve?"

"No veto from me. If that's your choice, go for it."

"How is this going to work, management-wise?" Barbara asked.

"It's going to be matrix management," I replied. "I discussed this with Doctor Lambert and Cindi. The broad outline is that you're the on-site manager, and Charlie is the team manager. I can't imagine you two will have any conflicts. And if you do, then you kick it up to Dave and Cindi to work it out. Cecelia's work will depend on the business that Cynthia drums up. If Cecelia needs resources for a project, she will go to Charlie. But because you're here, you'd be the day-to-day supervisor. Does that make sense?"

"About as much as anything else at NIKA," Charlie laughed. "But seriously, Barbara and I will work it out."

"Then, if Barbara has the hiring form filled out, I'll sign it, and you can take it back to Chicago with you tomorrow."

"And the offer?"

"Once Elyse OKs it, Barbara can send out the offer letter. If you want to call Elyse first thing in the morning, then Barbara could make a verbal offer tomorrow."

"Cool," Barbara replied. "We're meeting Andy at The Pacific Dining Car at 6:00pm. Because you were tied up in interviews, I checked with Keri, and she didn't have any messages for you."

Later that evening, we had a good meal, went for drinks at a local bar, and then Charlie and I returned to the hotel. I wasn't sure what she was doing, but I curled up with my new book.

September 6, 1989, Los Angeles, California

After breakfast and checking in at the office, I walked seven blocks to the building where Duranona and Associates were located. They were a moderately-sized Los Angeles firm that was looking to expand to Seattle, Denver, and Dallas over the next few years. The managing partner, Angelo Duranona, was Cuban and had escaped from Castro's Cuba in the early 1960s. He'd gone to college and law school and had built his firm over the past twenty years.

The main reason for my visit was that Cynthia was concerned they might switch to Boston Legal Systems when they expanded because the licenses and support would be cheaper. She felt that a personal visit from the owner of NIKA would help swing the pendulum in our favor. I talked about the innovations that NIKA was making, though Angelo wasn't technical, so I had to stay away from anything that might confuse or scare him. At the end of our meeting, I felt confident about our ability to keep his firm as a customer.

I went back to the office for a bit, then met Ben Jackson at a small bistro for lunch. At his suggestion, I ordered what he called the best club sandwich on the planet. I didn't know if that was true, but it was undoubtedly the best I'd ever had. While we ate, we talked about the upcoming user group meeting that was being held on the 15th in Chicago.

"What would you think of having next year's meeting out west?" he said. "We could alternate between East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest."

"I don't have any concerns about doing that," I replied. "It's really a question for Cindi; I've delegated that to her. But as president of the User Group, I'd think that was really up to you and the other four members of the User Group Board of Directors."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.