A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 35: It’s Really Over?

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 35: It’s Really Over? - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 2. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first two books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Military   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

February 19, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

"I like church!" Jesse announced as we walked up the entrance to Saint Innocent of Moscow Orthodox Church.

"Maybe your friend Vasily will be here," I said.

"He's nice! May I stand with him?"

"Yes, you may," I said.

We entered the small church and all of us, except Birgit, lit candles in front of the icon of the Theotokos. I lit one for Birgit and added it to the others. Jesse saw his friend Vasily and hurried to stand by him. Vasily looked back, and I nodded my approval. He turned back to face forward, with Jesse standing just slightly in front of him. My wives and I moved to a spot on the right side of the church about halfway back and stood quietly waiting for the service to start.

The bulletin proclaimed that it was the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee, which was the Sunday that began the Lenten season. Lenten fasting, a far more serious undertaking than I'd experienced in the Roman Catholic Church, wouldn't start for a couple of weeks. This was the beginning of the cycle of services that would take the Church through Lent and to Holy Pascha, which would be on April 30th, a full five weeks after Western Easter.

I'd mentioned to Tasha that Father Basil had asked about her, and encouraged her to come to church, but I didn't expect her and Zeke to actually show up. She was living on campus, and spent most of her time when she wasn't in class at his place in Lincoln Park. I knew Father Basil would be disappointed, but that was an issue between him and Tasha.

A few minutes after we arrived, Andrei came in with Svetlana. I hadn't seen him in quite some time, and he came over to greet us. He did so quickly, then moved to stand quietly with Svetlana as Father Basil and Deacon Robert began the Matins service. Nearly four hours later, we were sitting in the small church hall drinking coffee and talking with Andrei, Svetlana, and his parents.

"Good morning," Father Basil said, coming over to our table. "It's good to see you all! Did Vasily tell you that Jesse asked about receiving the Eucharist?"

"No. They're hanging out over there and carrying on a conversation, and I didn't want to interrupt," I said.

"We can receive him, but I think you need to clear that with his mother first."

"Which will be an interesting exercise," I said. "I'll talk with her, but I'm not sure she's going to be amenable to that."

"I hear that Jesse can be very persuasive," Father Basil said with a laugh.

"True, but this is going to be a tough issue for his moms, for obvious reasons."

"Just let me know," he said, then walked over to another table to greet others.

"Moms?" Paul Zhukov asked.

"Dad, just let it be," Andrei said. "I'll explain later."

That was going to be an interesting conversation, but not nearly as interesting as trying to talk to Jennifer about Jesse becoming Orthodox.

At home, Jessica stayed with Kara and me to watch the Daytona 500. Bill Elliott had a minor injury when he'd wrecked his car in practice, so on the third lap, when a caution came out for Neil Bonnett's blown engine, Jody Ridley got in the #9 car in relief. Bill would get the points, but Jody Ridley was no Bill Elliott and ended up finishing 35th after an accident on lap 72.

Alan Kulwicki fared much better, finishing 7th, and it was good to see Jason twice during pit stops. He'd called on Saturday to check to see if we were coming down for the Talladega race and I'd confirmed that we would. Jessica had even agreed to go, assuming she could trade shifts.

Darrell Waltrip won the race by stretching his fuel for 53 laps, and when he got out of the car in Victory Lane did the 'Ickey Shuffle' dance that had been made famous by Bengals' running back Elbert "Ickey" Woods. I laughed when Waltrip broke his helmet by spiking it to the ground the way Woods would spike the football.

After the race, I went to talk to Josie and Jennifer and received the cold response that I'd expected. Neither of them would countenance Jesse being baptized, and both talked about not allowing me to take him to church again. I talked them out of that, with the promise to not go behind their back and have Jesse baptized without their permission, something I would never have done, anyway. They did leave the question open for Jesse to consider when he was much older, which was about all I could ask them to do.

February 20, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

Jacquelyn was positively bubbling on Monday morning when we met for our run. She didn't have school due to the Presidents' Day holiday, and was going to hang out at the ice rink with Joey. I received a full report about Friday night, too.

"When he came by to pick me up, I invited him in. We never did get out to dinner and the movie," she giggled.

"Well, given that you told me you're skating with him today, that means he's still alive," I chuckled.

She laughed, "Yes, but barely. He hardly knew anything. I had to show him. But he's a quick learner!"

"If he got to see you naked, I have no doubt! That would encourage anyone to learn fast!"

"Oh, he did!" she smirked. "Thanks for the advice about giving him a blowjob first. You were right about him only lasting like five seconds!"

"Personal experience pays off," I chuckled.

"I can't believe YOU lasted only five seconds! You can go for more than twenty minutes!"

"NOW, I can. But not the first time! Or even the second!"

"Joey needs some practice. Lots of practice. With me!" she giggled.

"Just be careful, please."

"I will. I know I said this before, but thank you. For everything."

"You're welcome! Now, let's run!"

We started off on the track at the Y with her in the lead, and me watching her cute, tight ass bounce as we rounded the track. Following her was always fun and made the time pass much more quickly! When we finished, I walked her home, then headed back to the house.

"Ready for your first day of work, Doctor Adams?" I asked as I got into the shower.

"Yes," she said from the counter next to the sink, where she was brushing her hair in front of the mirror.

"What are you wearing?" I asked.

"A skirt and blouse, plus my lab coat. No scrubs. There are smocks in case I need to suture or something, but otherwise, it's not like the ER where it's guaranteed to be messy."

"You know, I might not be feeling well later and need to come get a thorough physical," I teased.

"No problem," she smirked. "I'll make sure we're ready. Rectal thermometer. Rectal acetaminophen. Some take-home suppositories."

"Are you trying to be a pain in my butt?" I asked with a grin.

"If you're a pain in mine, yes!" she smirked.

"Try not to kill anyone today, Jess," I teased.

"In a walk-in clinic? I'd need your gun to kill someone!"

We kissed and went downstairs for breakfast, before we both left for work and Kara left for class.

"Good morning, Keri!" I said when I walked in. "You're early!"

"I came in with Kimmy so she could show me how to use the phones and where things go before 8:00am."

"She's always one step ahead. Welcome on board!"

"Thanks!" she said with a sweet smile.

"Hi, Steve!" Kimmy said, coming back to the reception area. "We're doing a bit of training before the office opens."

"So Keri told me. Good work!"

"Thanks," she said, flashing me her usual brilliant smile.

I returned the smile and went to my office to get to work.

February 21, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

"The shareholders' meeting will come to order," Joyce announced via speakerphone.

Dave, Julia, Cindi, Elyse, Penny, Stephanie, and I were in the conference room, and my dad and Joyce were joining us by phone.

"We have four pieces of business today," Joyce said. "Appointment of auditors, appointment of the compensation committee, appointment of directors, and final approval of the sale of the logistics and estimation software.

"Elyse and Bruce Grady are proposing that we use KPMG as our auditors. While we aren't publicly traded, both Mr. Grady and Doctor Lambert believe we should act as if we are. That will help keep the IRS at bay. We're small enough that the audit is fairly inexpensive. All in favor?"

Everyone said 'Aye'.

She called for any 'Nays' and there was silence.

"The vote is unanimous. Next is the appointment of members of the Board of Directors. The nominating committee has submitted the list of nominees and it's the same as our current board. Does anyone wish to nominate anyone else?"

Silence.

"Then we'll vote. All in favor of Ray Adams, Joyce Tarrance, Beth Pater, Karl Schumacher, and Doctor Walter Lambert, say 'Aye'."

Everyone did.

Once again, she called for any 'Nays' and there was silence.

"Unanimous. The nominating committee proposes that we appoint Doctor Lambert, Ray Adams, and Beth Pater as the compensation committee. All in favor?"

Again, everyone said 'Aye'.

Once again, she called for any 'Nays' and there was silence.

"Also unanimous," Joyce said. "Finally, the Board of Directors recommends selling the software as discussed and as outlined on the term sheets you've received. Is there any discussion?"

Silence.

"All in favor of approving the sale?"

Everyone said 'Aye'.

A final time she called for any 'Nays' and there was silence.

"Unanimous again," Joyce said. "Is there any new business?"

Again, there was silence.

"I move we adjourn," I said.

"Second," Elyse said.

"I have a motion and a second. All in favor?"

Everyone said 'Aye'.

"The motion carries. We're adjourned. Thank you all for a very fast, very smooth meeting!"

There was applause and after quick goodbyes, we hung up the phone.

"That really was fast," Dave said.

"Given that my Big Brother was the only one whose votes really counted, what else were we going to do? He controls 75% of the votes!"

"Stephanie, remember to create the minutes, please," Elyse said.

"I'll do that right now."

All of us went back to work.

February 22, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

"Good evening, I'm Doctor Wilbur Green," a graying man who looked to be in his late 50s said.

"Good evening. I'm Steve. This is Jessica, and this is Kara."

"Come into my office," he said.

The three of us went in and sat on a couch while he sat in a wingback chair that faced the couch across a small table.

"Welcome. I have to say this is going to be a unique challenge," he said. "I haven't run into any polyamorous relationships that are public the way yours is. Well, discounting the fundamentalist Mormons in Utah, but I don't work there! I'd like to start by having you each tell me a bit about yourselves. Where you were born, grew up, went to school, and what you do for a living."

We spent the next fifteen minutes giving Doctor Green the background information he'd asked for. He took notes on a yellow legal pad, much the same as I'd seen Jamie, Gwen, and other lawyers do; Doctor Mercer had always used notebooks. He asked a few questions for clarification and then looked up.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"For help," I said. "We've had some serious issues and we want to work them out. Jessica is seeing a counselor for work-related stress, and we all felt we should see a relationship counselor together."

"Tell me about your relationship. I saw on the intake form that Kara has a daughter and that Jessica is pregnant. I also saw that you have two other children and one on the way by another woman. You're going to have to explain!"

I nodded and for the next thirty-five minutes, the three of us explained our relationship, the circumstances under which we met, the basic details of the estrangement, and the short version of our reconciliation. We were really just getting started when we ran out of time.

"Sorry about that," Doctor Green said. "I suspect the first few sessions are going to be just getting background information and probing into your areas of conflict. Your homework for next week, each of you individually, is to write out what you want from your relationship and what you hope to gain from counseling. Please don't share your answers with each other and please be completely honest. Only I will see what you write."

"I think you'll find that we're all going to be very open and direct, and tell the truth here," I said. "But we'll do it your way."

"Good," he said. "See you all next week at the same time, with your homework papers in hand!"

We all shook his hand and went down to the car for the short drive home.

"Happy birthday, Jesse!" I said when we walked into the house.

"I'm three!" he declared with a huge grin.

"Yes, you are! Is dinner ready?"

"Yes. And cake. And presents! I had a party at lunch! My friends were here!"

"And it took me an hour to clean up the chocolate icing," Veronica laughed from the doorway to the kitchen.

"Who all was here?" Kara asked.

"The usual suspects; Francesca, of course, Peter, Kristin, and Steve's other kids. Kathy was just here to get Kristin. She said to say 'hello'. Also, a courier dropped off a package that has Russian writing all over it."

"I'm sure that's something from Tanya, Dmitry, and Larisa," I said.

"Russia! I want to go!" Jesse said.

"Me too, kiddo," I agreed. "Me too!"

February 25, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

Everyone was gathering in the house for Guys' Night and Girls' Night Out, when Nick and Bethany arrived and asked everyone to come into the great room. I was sure of what they were going to say, and a few minutes later, they proved me right.

"We're pregnant!" Bethany gushed. "I'm due at the end of July!"

A raucous cheer went up from the guys and the girls all squealed and mobbed Bethany. It was going to be a crazy Summer for babies, that was for sure!

"I knew it! I knew it!" my sister said, pumping her fist.

"Yes, yes, you're very smart!" I chuckled.

I waited until the mob of girls thinned a bit and went over to Bethany. She looked at me and held out her arms. I pulled her to me in a tight hug.

"Congratulations," I said. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Steve. I wanted to tell you sooner, but we decided to wait until the first trimester was fully past."

"We were wondering why you missed so many events. Did you have bad morning sickness?"

"THE WORST," she complained. "I thought I was never going to be able to eat again. It's passed now, though. How are things with Jessica?"

"Good. She's seeing her own counselor and the three of us are seeing a relationship counselor."

"Oh THAT must be hilarious!" she smirked.

"He's used to dealing with alternative lifestyles, but he was a bit taken aback by what he called 'an open polyamorous relationship'."

"I can imagine!"

"Can I steal you for one minute? I have something important to tell you, but it has to be in private."

"Sure, let me check with Nick," she said.

She went over to Nick, who was surrounded by guys congratulating him and whispered in his ear. He nodded, and she came back to me. I took her hand, and we went to my study.

"I told Jessica about me and Stephanie," I said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.