A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 9: “Houston, We’ve Had a Problem Here”

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 9: “Houston, We’ve Had a Problem Here” - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 2. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first two books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Military   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

December 6, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

Veronica had dinner just about ready when I walked in, and after kissing Kara and Birgit, I helped carry dinner to the table.

"How were the kids today?" I asked her as we sat down to dinner.

"No trouble at all, really. Well, Jesse is starting to snoop for Christmas presents!"

"That kid!" I chuckled. "It's only the first week of December! Did you mention it to Jen or Josie?"

"Josie. She said they'd lock them up."

"That little turkey will find the key," I chuckled.

"He's YOUR son," Kara said, sitting down next to me.

"Yes, he is. Honey, I need to go next door to help Penny with something at 7:30pm. Hopefully, it won't take too long."

"Is there a problem?"

"That's what I'm hoping to prevent," I said. "I'll explain afterwards, OK?"

"Sure," she agreed.

After we ate, I spent some time with Kara, Elyse, Birgit, and Matthew, then headed next door to the Nichols' house. Penny let me in and led me to the living room, where Terry was sitting with Alice and Bart. I sat in an easy chair, while Penny and Terry sat on the loveseat and Bart and Alice sat on the couch. I saw Terry take Penny's hand, and I gave her a loving look.

Penny took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Mom, I'm pregnant," she said.

There was stunned silence in the room, at least from the couch. I kept my mouth shut, because I was present for moral support and, as Penny had said, to referee if things got testy. It seemed like forever, but it was probably only twenty seconds or so before Alice spoke.

"You're sure?" she asked.

"Yes, mom. I've missed two periods as of Sunday and I did two EPTs."

"How did this happen?" Alice asked, her eyes narrowing.

I hoped Penny played it straight, because I sensed that Alice was in no mood for humor.

"I missed taking my Pill one morning because I was in a hurry. I doubled up the next day, but we didn't use a condom the way they recommend."

"What do you plan to do?" Bart asked.

"Stay out of this, Bart," Alice said.

He looked at me and I shrugged slightly. He and I were observers in the room. He wasn't Penny's biological father, though she treated him like a dad. She hadn't been to Florida to see her 'real' dad in years, and she had no desire to see him.

"What do you mean?" Penny asked. "I plan to have the baby, of course!"

"What about school? And work? How are you going to take care of a baby?"

Terry cleared his throat, "Mrs. Nichols, I have a good job that pays well thanks to Steve. I can take care of both Penny and our baby."

"You stay out of this as well!" Alice growled.

It was time for me to play referee. I could agree that Bart might stay out of it, but not Terry.

"Alice, that's not fair," I said, using the word I hated, but which made sense to use. "He's the baby's father. Why don't you let Penny and Terry tell you their plans?"

"You!" she spat. "This is all YOUR fault!"

"Mom!" Penny said, raising her voice. "Stop it! I love Terry. He asked me to marry him!"

"Well, thank heaven for small favors!" Alice said sarcastically.

"I told him 'no'," Penny said.

Alice gasped and was about to say something when Bart put his hand on Alice's arm.

"This will go smoother if you just let the kids tell you without having a fit!" Bart advised.

"A fit?!" Alice snarled. "A fit?! My daughter is pregnant! And unmarried! And won't get married! And throwing away her scholarship! Though I'm sure Steve will support her bad decisions by allowing her to work full time."

That tore it! I was in no mood for Alice's moralistic bullshit. I had no idea where it was coming from because it was not what I would have expected. Clearly, Penny had, and that's why I was here.

"Alice, for fuck's sake," I said, swearing for effect, speaking firmly. "She's pregnant, not dying of cancer! If Kara can complete a Master's degree with Birgit around, Penny can surely finish her undergraduate degree! I don't know what plans Terry and Penny have, but we have a live-in nanny next door and adding one more member to Jesse's posse isn't going to cause a single moment of hardship on Veronica's part."

"You think it's that simple?" Alice countered.

"Yes and no," I said. "As Terry said, he's able and willing to support her. And how do you figure she's throwing away her scholarship? This isn't the fifties where pregnant girls were hidden away and women were expected to be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen! I do NOT have a problem with a woman who chooses to be a stay-at-home mom, so long as it's her choice to do that! Now, back off and let Penny tell you what they're doing!"

"Get out!" Alice screamed.

"No," Bart said firmly.

Now it was my turn to be quiet, and I gave Penny and Terry a look that told them to let this play out.

"What?!" Alice gasped in shock.

Bart got up and held out his hand, "Come to my study. Now," he said firmly.

Alice looked daggers at Bart, but got up and followed him into his study. They shut the door, and I heard a hushed, but strident, conversation that I couldn't make out.

"How'd you know she was going to flip her lid?" I asked. "She always seemed to be reasonable."

"I've lived with her for almost twenty years! And you haven't heard what she's said about Jennifer, Elyse, and Kara."

I sighed, "That's probably a good thing. I might have ripped her a new one."

"I think you just did, Boss," Terry said.

I chuckled, "I may have been a bit out of line there."

"No way, Steve!" Penny said. "Now, do you see why I need to move out?"

"She'll come around," I said. "Just give her time and let Bart work on her. But I also understand about moving out. I did it when I was eighteen. I know you wanted to, but it didn't work out."

"You kept having kids!" Penny said. "That filled all the rooms!"

"True," I chuckled.

"Can I ask how things went on Sunday?" Penny said quietly.

"Shitty," I said. "That's the only word I can think of."

"I'm so sorry, Steve. Is there ANY hope?"

"If you believe in miracles like the US hockey team beating the Soviets, yes. Otherwise? Probably not. We know what the tests are going to show."

"Tests?" Terry asked. "Is Jessica sick?"

"I'll explain later," Penny said, looking at me for approval, which I gave by nodding.

Alice and Bart came back out of the study and sat down. Alice looked fit to be tied, but Bart had a small smile.

"Penny, tell us your plans, please," Bart said in his usual calm manner.

"The baby is due in late July, I think, though I need to make an OB appointment to get checked out and be sure. That means there isn't much risk of missing any school. Steve just offered something I was going to ask about, which solves the biggest problem. I have two years of school left, and a guaranteed job. What I didn't get to say was that while I told Terry 'no' about getting married, that's more of a 'not yet'. I think we'll eventually get married, but that's just not important to me at the moment. I appreciate him offering, but it's not time."

She took a deep breath and continued.

"I did tell Terry that I would move in with him. He has an apartment in Bridgeport that's big enough for us and the baby. We can easily afford it on his salary and mine. And I have lots of savings and investments that you and Steve helped me with. We've thought this through, Bart. I've known that I was pregnant for over a month. We told Steve on Saturday. I'm sure you know that he's been supportive. I plan to move out after Christmas."

Alice's face was ashen, and I wondered if she was going to have a stroke, faint, or explode.

"I'd say you kids have a reasonable plan," Bart said. "I do wish you would get married for the baby's sake. I guess as liberal as I am, I'm still old-fashioned in some ways. You kind of put the cart before the horse, but there's no going back now. I suppose congratulations are in order."

Penny beamed, "Thanks."

"Alice," I said. "I'm sorry for swearing at you and for raising my voice. I hope that you'll accept my apology. And you too, Bart."

"I think everyone just got a tad emotional about this," Bart said. "Why don't you let us talk as a family?"

"Absolutely," I said. "Penny, if you need anything, just call."

"Thanks for coming and supporting us, Steve."

"Anytime!" I said.

Penny and Terry got up and walked me to the door. She gave him a look, and he rolled his eyes and nodded. He looked so much like Pete at that moment that I knew what was coming. Penny gave me a tight hug and a soft kiss. It wasn't one of Melanie's searing French kisses, but in a way, it was even more erotic.

"Behave, Penny," I chuckled when we broke the kiss.

"That was just me saying 'Thank you'. I don't think I can do that ever again."

"Probably not, Pretty Penny. And from now on, you need to go to Terry first with any personal issues you have. I can't ever come between you two."

She nodded, "I know."

"Thanks, Boss. For everything!" Terry said, extending his hand.

"Welcome to the family!" I grinned, taking his hand and shaking it firmly.

"Why do I feel like I just became a 'made man' in the Mafia?" he chuckled.

"Mafia or no, if you ever hurt her, you'll WISH you were dealing with Michael Corleone," I said calmly.

"I've known that since before our first date," Terry said.

"Good," I grinned.

"Forget it Terry, he's a pussy cat!" Penny giggled. "You just have to know how to stroke him!"

Terry and I both groaned and rolled our eyes. I kissed Penny on the forehead and headed back to my own house.

"Everything OK?" Kara asked when I sat down between her and Elyse on the couch.

"Penny and Terry are moving in together."

"No surprise there," Elyse said.

I chuckled, "Oh, there's a surprise all right, in about seven months."

"No!" both girls exclaimed, sounding surprised, but not shocked.

"Yes, our little Penny has a bun in the oven!" I chuckled.

"But how?" Kara asked.

"Of all people on this planet, you're the last one I'd expect to not know the answer to THAT question!" I teased.

"You know what I meant!" Kara laughed.

"Things happen. It wasn't intentional, but they're going to keep the baby. I offered her a share of Veronica. What's one more kid?"

"Another one for Jesse to recruit into his revolutionary cell," Elyse laughed.

"What if it's a girl?" I grinned.

"Then Francesca may have to watch out!" Elyse smirked. "Can you imagine a son of yours with a daughter of Penny's? Holy smokes!"

"She could very well have a boy, you know! And we have a girl!"

"True. What's she doing about school?"

"The baby is due during the Summer. She's on the patented 'Kara Adams educational plan for unwed mothers'," I teased.

"I guess she'll need maternity leave in what, July or August?" Elyse asked.

"Yes. Financially, they'll be fine. Terry makes good money, and you know Penny's position — 3% of the company, and she's saved or invested nearly every dime she's made, minus what she paid for the Daytona."

"Which was a steal," Elyse said.

"I know. But it's Penny."

"He'll always have a soft spot for her in his heart," Kara said.

"It's time to put Matthew to bed," Elyse said. "Mind if I take Steve upstairs now?"

"Not at all. His Pumpkin and I have a date for a late-night snack in a bit!"

"I have to say that I'm glad Matthew is on solid food. My nipples were about to fall off, they hurt so bad!"

"If they need tender, loving care, I believe I can oblige!" I offered.

I kissed Kara and Birgit 'good night' and followed Elyse upstairs. We got Matthew ready for bed and put him down in the nursery, and once he was settled, we went to Elyse's room. She shut the door behind us, locked it, and to my surprise, went to sit on the very comfortable English rolled arm sofa that she'd recently bought. She patted the spot next to her, and I went to sit.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

Elyse sighed, "I know absolutely everything that is going on in this house. What the heck are you doing?"

"Again, what do you mean?"

"Steve, you CAN NOT sleep with NIKA staff!"

Shit! Kimmy! I should have known that Elyse would figure it out. And denying it would do me no good.

"What gave it away?" I sighed.

"You two disappeared for lunch around the same time. Normally, that wouldn't be overly suspicious because it only happened a few times. But yesterday, you left depressed and came back in a much better mood, and she came back looking like she'd just been screwed by an expert. Remember who you're talking to here."

"A very, very annoying young woman who is the mother to two of my children."

"Let's call it 1.5 children, but yes. Who else? Did you have sex with that young girl from karate that you took on a date?"

"Yes," I sighed.

"That was this afternoon as well, wasn't it?"

"Are you fucking spying on me?" I asked.

"Steve leaves the office during the middle of the afternoon looking depressed. Comes back looking happy. High School lets out at 2:30pm. Kimmy didn't leave. Kara was in school. Jolene works."

"I'm an idiot to think I could hide it from you," I said with resignation.

"Oh, you're a bigger idiot. Who else? I know the pattern. And I talked to Jennifer. She's worried about you. I know there's at least two more. Come on, fess up. Now."

"Jody at IIT. Hope Baxter."

"Holy shit. OK. You're not an idiot. You're a FUCKING idiot! It's one thing to screw a seventeen-year-old. You probably can get away with that. But isn't Hope fourteen? Jesus, Steve. Jolene could call the cops on you if she finds out."

"If?" I sighed.

"Oh for Pete's sake! She knows? And she's OK with it?"

"No, she's definitely not OK with it, but she's not calling the cops. She caught us in bed together."

"Christ. You are taking some really, really stupid risks!"

I sighed, "I know. Jacqui's parents almost caught us."

"That explains the barefoot attempt to sneak into the house last Saturday. What did you do? Climb down a trellis?"

"No. But I didn't put my shoes on so I could sneak out."

"Who else?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.