Lover's Shadow - Cover

Lover's Shadow

Copyright© 2016 by Slutsinger

Chapter 3

BDSM Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Facing the busiest, most stressful part of the year, a rancher is not ready when the night shadows come calling. The Lady Ashley is charged to help find strength , passion, and connection so that his death is not repeated. This should have been easy. How far will she go to save the community when that minor detail proves not so minor after all? Sex is graphic, joyful and consensual. Written so you can start the series here. Check codes. 100k words

Caution: This BDSM Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Consensual   Magic   Romantic   BiSexual   BDSM   DomSub   Light Bond   Spanking   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   Analingus   Cream Pie   Exhibitionism   Lactation   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Squirting   Water Sports   Nudism   Politics   Violence  

I found Matthew and together, we went to the seat’s office.

I filled out a brief report, stating my understanding of the situation in Passion Mill, and dispatching myself and Lord Matthew to render aid. While writing, I shared Elk’s comments with Matthew.

“Fucking mess. I am glad they called,” he said.

“Do you think the three of us will be enough?”

“Assuming they embrace slut and lover and stay within the boundary, should be,” he said.

“I agree; with Rocky Point tomorrow, I’d hate to disrupt things more than needed here.”

Matthew nodded.

I approved the report, flagging it for Lord Oak Leaf and his lady at their convenience. “Now for the unpleasant part of packing.”

Matthew nodded as I stood. No lord or lady enjoys the necessity of justice; its trappings are a reminder of the power and responsibility we hold. Earth Shaken from Oak Standing was on call this shift; I caught his eye. “Earth Shaken, grab the equipment book and join us at the safe.”

We walked across the office; Earth and I stood before the metal door of the equipment safe. We dialed our respective combinations into the two locks, and with a click, the bolt released. I pulled open the door. “Open counter reads ninety-five.”

“Log book confirms we’re expecting ninety-five,” Earth said.

“Matthew, one warrant book or two?”

“One should be sufficient.”

“Agreed. Earth, Matthew and I claim Oak Leaf C for this trip.” I slid out the book and its brand. I also pulled a sanction kit, the metal symbols of possible sanctions rattling in their bag. Earth recorded what I had taken; Matthew and I counter-signed and we closed the safe.

Then we went to the armory. I handed Matthew his pistol and holster while grabbing my own.

“Dart guns too,” he asked?

“Yes, definitely.” Fear can motivate people to do strange things. I could imagine going into a meeting with Flowing Mane, planning to be his lover, only for him to panic and things turn to shit. Sometimes your security doesn’t have the best shot in such a situation and it’s better if they have non-lethal options. With only two of us going, we’d have no protection if the entire community turned against us. That seemed unlikely, and we’ve found that meeting people on their own ground with openness and vulnerability is an important beginning to a relationship between nobles and beholden.

Matthew grabbed a strong box and loaded what we’d taken from the armory and safe into it. He slotted in my lock-block and his, adjusting the mechanism so that only one lock need be opened to open the box. We both tested our rings, confirming they unlocked our respective blocks. Especially when running around with warrant books, it’s essential that your key never leaves your person. Rings are a fairly good solution for that.


Nobles use telephones more than anyone else. Being able to know what to expect when a seat is called to resolve a situation is critical. In the last few years, most seats have found that having several people involved in a phone call improves results further. So by this point, every seat has a couple of small rooms with good acoustics, comfortable seating, and the best telephone we can afford.

Elk, Lord Matthew, and I sat around the table in the Lilac Room, one of Oak Leaf’s two phone conference facilities. We wanted to coordinate with Passion Mill. We could not arrive in time to help re-enforce the boundary tonight. However, they could focus their effort on slut, lover and their boundary. When we arrived, we could help shore up any rough spots. Tomorrow, we could fully dedicate ourselves to their support.

Knowing that Oak Leaf would cover their losses, Passion Mill could choose to save their community even if there was an impact to the ongoing agricultural work. Our job was to convince Flowing Mane of all this.

I placed the call for Elk Unstoppable.

“Passion Mill.”

“Hi. This is Elk Unstoppable calling from Oak Leaf. Can you get Flowing Mane?”

“One moment. Let me chase him down.” We heard the receiver placed down and the shuffling of feet.

A few minutes passed, and then the receiver was picked up. “Flowing Mane from Pine Hills here,” said a deep, resonant voice.

“This is the Lady Riding Atop, Ashley, Third for Oak Leaf. Also on this call is Lord Matthew, Fourth for Oak Leaf and Elk Unstoppable. Once our business on this call concludes, we shall depart for Passion Mill. Elk, would you like to brief Mane?”

“Mane, I have concluded an agreement with Oak Leaf on our behalf. They will assist us and once this crisis is successfully behind us, Passion Mill will be Beholden to Oak Leaf,” Elk said.

“That was necessary?” Mane’s question was delivered sharply, his frustration evident in each word as it fell from his mouth into the telephone.

I considered responding, but before I could, Elk began. “You sent me here knowing that was likely. Yes, as you asked, we sat and carefully considered how serious the situation was. However, when you look at the trends, look at how many people have not been able to meet as lovers, and realize that Gnarled Birch went from showing no signs of distress to dead in an evening, I think we need the kind of help found only in a lasting relationship with a noble house.”

“I haven’t had time to examine the trends. I’ve been so busy with each moment, cajoling people, reminding them that the community’s safety depends on them. I haven’t had a chance to look at the big picture.” Mane’s voice faltered as he admitted he’d been overwhelmed. Even beneath nervousness and obvious weariness, his voice was powerful. When things are going well, he must be an amazing orator.

“Lady Ashley commanded me to understand the big picture before I traveled to Oak Leaf. Should I summarize?”

Surprisingly, Mane declined. “No. Perhaps we don’t have time. I guess it’s good that you did that work.”

I said, “Then will you trust those who have considered that you need help?”

Mane paused a few seconds and we heard him take a deep breath. “Yes, my lady, I will.”

“Good. The work of slut and lover and of the boundary must come first this evening. Everyone shall take a lover and as in any emergency the community’s needs must come by first night bell. Review any exceptions personally and be conservative in what you grant, requiring especially that anyone granted an exception have met in strong passion last night.”

“My lady, there’s a lot going on: calving, shuffling of livestock, preparing for the winter. The members of the community will not stand for this.”

“While there will be some losses, Oak Leaf stands surety for losses necessary in defense of the community. The harvest has been good in this region; livestock and food can be replaced for a price Oak Leaf can afford. You have tasked us with saving the community.”

“Saving the community cannot take everyone,” Mane said. I’d never heard his combination of volume and stutter, as if shouting might make his statement true combined with the fear that no amount of bravado would turn this into a simple problem.

“Flowing Mane from Pine Hills, your duty as defense manager is to guide the community and show them what is needed. Since you have not examined the broader pattern, you have chosen to trust us in evaluating the severity of the situation. You are there. You are trusted by your community. Your job is to show the members that this is required to guarantee Passion Mill’s safety.” I almost asked if he’d be able to do that; I had my doubts. However, we had no choice except to depend on him at least for the night. So I needed to believe in him and hopefully that would be enough for him to believe in himself.

Mane gulped. “Yes, my lady.”

“Good. I’d recommend building a full boundary; use as few people as you can, all bound in mutual passion, but work efficiently. Also, focus on room boundaries tonight.” Mane was breathing rapidly into the phone.

Elk said, “Mane, I have suggestions for who could do the boundary if it would help.”

“Yes?”

“Sweet Clover’ll jump at any chance to pee; she’s also managed to keep up her slut fairly good even lately. I suspect you wouldn’t miss the opportunity to fuck her. I believe Earth Freshly Turned and Wild Tulip would help. I bet Clover can suggest anyone else you need.”

Mane took a couple of deep breaths. “Yes my lady; thanks Elk.”

“We shall arrive, probably after second bell. You can mark us into the web and we can give strength. Do you have any particular idea how we might most benefit?”

“My lady, I’d rather not re-weave the web that late. Perhaps you could fill in where we’re having difficulty finding lovers or where we would have to pair people who have both been having trouble finding passion.”

What was he thinking not weaving us tightly into the web? I looked at Lord Matthew and raised an eyebrow. He shrugged. I didn’t have a clue either. “We can try that tonight; we will revisit first thing in the morning.”

“As you command my lady.”

I went around the room and confirmed no one else had anything to say. Mane was eager to get off the phone, so we ended the call.

“That was unexpected,” Lord Matthew said.

“Yes. He seems out of his depth,” I said.

“If I might offer an opinion?” Elk said.

“Please, you live there.”

“I think Mane has been having a hard year. In the past he’s been more sure—more aware of the overall picture.”

“Will he be able to follow Lady Ashley’s instructions?” Matthew asked.

“I think so. He’s very good when he has a clear plan. He may not be at his best in making decisions about pairings, but I think he will follow the letter of her instructions.”

“Well, we’ll work with what we’ve got,” I said.

“I assume you’ll have us woven in as focuses tomorrow,” Matthew said.

“Yes. I’ll probably end up taking the web from him; I want to have a strong feel for what’s going on. Sharing doesn’t seem to be Flowing Mane’s strength.”

On that note we prepared to depart.


Lord Matthew pulled the van into Passion Mill; it was late, roughly an hour before midnight.

I got out, stretched, and adjusted my gown. I was cramped after the six-hour drive over rough roads. We had made good time, splitting the driving between Lord Matthew and me.

I grabbed my suitcase and left the strong box in the van. Matthew did the same.

We tromped to the door of the community house and entered. A man in work pants and a worn shirt sat in a chair in the lobby. He was about my height; his face was scruffy, not sure whether it was growing a beard or simply was over-due for a shave. His eyes were tired.

“Flowing Mane?”

“No my lady, I’m Earth Freshly Turned from Passion Mill. Flowing Mane asked me to greet you; he makes slut with his lover.”

“I see.” Which is to say, I really didn’t see at all. I expected Mane to greet us, discuss how we might best help and plan for our meeting tomorrow. I was not the only one confused: Elk sighed, his chin in his hand.

Lord Matthew and I offered introduction.

“Flowing Mane has suggestions for how you can best assist tonight.”

“O, he does?” I said. “Since he chose not to join us, I guess we are glad he’s chosen for us.”

Earth winced. I reminded myself that Flowing Mane was not Earth Freshly Turned’s responsibility and I would not hold him accountable for the defense manager’s actions.

“My lady, he thinks you could be taken by Iron’s Unbending Will and Supple Willow, both from Passion Mill. They are in dormitory two. Iron has been very busy of late, and as you will see passion is a challenge for Supple Willow.”

I nodded. Earth offered assignments to Lord Matthew and Elk Unstoppable. He proposed that Matthew might take the miller’s mate in their private room. Elk would take a pregnant woman in dormitory one. I was frustrated because I had no idea why these were the best choices and no opportunity to discuss them.

I said, “Mane shall meet me in his office thirty minutes after dawn. I need you to make sure that message makes it to him.”

“I will, my lady. Will you need help finding the dormitory?”

“Thank you no: the rough layout is familiar from previous trips. How fared your project with the boundaries?”

“Well, my lady. It’s been a long time since the boundary has been rebuilt all in one day.”

“How strong did it feel when you were done?”

“I suppose I felt it. Flowing Mane said it was solid.”

“Who all was woven into the web?”

“No, my lady, we just offered for the perimeter boundary.”

Mane’s approach continued to baffle. You’d normally weave those building your boundary tightly into the web so that the boundary could anchor everyone. Without that weaving, It would take longer for passion to spread so that everyone was anchored to the boundary, and until that happened, Mane would hold the responsibility of that connection on his shoulders alone.

I thanked Earth for his time and released him to deliver my message and join his night’s passion. Then, I turned to my companions. “Even more than usual, each of us must offer for the boundary here and in our rooms.”

We don’t know how boundary magic was discovered: even our earliest histories speak of it as something always known. I imagine that somewhere between ancient apes and humans, the shadows took interest and started to prey on us. Fear raged as tribes died, rotting from within.

I imagined that in that ancient time, one female, fresh from being fucked by her alpha went to mark her territory. She sprayed with desperation, hoping against all rationality that whatever was preying on the tribe would scent her determination and hunt elsewhere. Perhaps she spoke her hope aloud in some early language.

She had found the answer: the next morning, no one had worsened. The combination of body fluids, will and passion within the community had shined brightly enough to drive the shadows away.

At least, that is what I imagine except in the darkest moments when I doubt the goodness and compassion in the world. In those moments, I consider that perhaps shadows were not always here. Perhaps somehow we brought them into being and we struggled with full knowledge of what was before us to find a way to construct a boundary. It is rare that I can imagine a world so darkened that there was once a time when the night was not a struggle, and some how, we lost that innocence.

However it came to pass, the shadows prey on us but rarely the simpler animals. The combination of musk, fluids, and passion woven with conscious intent is all that can drive them back.

Matthew and Elk joined me as we made our offering in that age-old ritual. I squatted and began to pee. I looked longingly at Matthew; normally we’d pee against each other, splashing ourselves bonding both with the boundary and ourselves. It was late, and I didn’t want to get covered in pee or take the time to wash. So, I settled for appreciating Matthew’s musk as pee puddled under us. As my pee puddled, I imagined myself standing strong with Gift, with all the residents of the community struggling to make their lives better. I was strong; together we would shine brightly.

I was hoping for more of a feel of the web through the boundary. I had touched something but that’s all I knew.

Elk asked if we needed anything before he departed. We reassured him that we’d be fine. Matthew and I were left alone in the lobby.

“What’s your call? Do we go forward with this plan or interrupt Mane tonight?” Matthew asked.

“I am frustrated enough to drag him from his lover’s cunt and get a full accounting. However, I’m not sure that more information will improve what we can do tonight.”

Matthew nodded. “But tomorrow?”

“Yes, we’ll be seeing some changes come morning. I’ll need you for security.”

“I have your back.”

“Dart gun on your strong side, please. I hope facing a direct order he’ll comply and we’ll end in each other’s arms, but better safe...”

“Figured. You think you can find the openness to approach him as a lover?”

“That’s my job.”

“And?”

“I think so, but no this won’t be easy. I’m really frustrated and angry thinking about his role in what has happened here. Still, the transition will be much easier if I can find compassion enough to take him as my lover.”

“You’ve got options if you can’t.”

“I know. Thanks for the reminder though.”

We hugged and went our separate ways.


I found the dormitory where I had been offered. The two-meter rough wooden ceiling was low and cozy. I did not have to duck under the lintel, but it was a close thing. The light was still on; I guessed the residents were curious to see me. The door entered onto a center aisle on the long axis of the room. The aisle ran between two rows of sleeping pallets. Most of the residents lay with lovers on their pallets. At the head of each bed, a low wooden dresser doubled as storage and as a headboard. Two large wardrobes were near the wall opposite the door. A number of seating pillows were stacked neatly next to the wardrobes. To my left there were a couple of sinks.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.