Janet
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2016 by Ahaz

Romantic Story: Chapter 2 - Janet is content with her life running a gift shop in a small Cornish town. For years she has been able to put events in her past behind her and concentrate on her business and her son John. One afternoon she unexpectedly walks in on John and his boyfriend. Leaving the house in a hurry Janet goes to her shop to think, John's friend Mandy finds her there later. The codes for this one will be updated as the story progresses so I don't give too much away.

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Romantic   Gay   Lesbian   BiSexual   Fiction   Incest   Mother   Son   Group Sex   Sex Toys   Pregnancy   Slow   Prostitution  

Out on the street I walked aimlessly for a time my mind whirling. What did Mandy want from me, I didn’t need anything like that. But then John would be off to Uni in a month then I would be alone. What the hell was I going to do?

I walked around the town for hours, I had told John I wouldn’t be home until ten and it was only half eight when I left the pub. My thoughts were going around and around in my head getting me nowhere, yet through it all I could still feel the ghost of Mandy’s fingers softly stroking the back of my hand. No one had ever touched me like that, a drunken romp at a party and five years as a prostitute didn’t leave much room for tender touches.

Eventually I arrived back home and let myself in. I was still upset but now weary and footsore as well. As the door closed John burst into the hall.

“Mum, where the hell have you been? I’ve been worried sick about you. You didn’t answer your phone.”

I dug my phone out of my pocket and looked at it.

“It’s flat. Look John I’m too tired to talk now I want to go to bed. O.k.”

I pushed past him and went to climb the stairs.

“Mandy rang me, she was in tears, said she messed everything up. Did you have to upset her?” he sounded more angry than worried.

I paused at the foot of the stairs and turned to him.

“You two do a lot of telling each other everything don’t you. Did you ever think that I might be the one who has cause to be upset?” He was obviously angry with me but I was too tired to argue with him tonight.

“Mum, you know she hasn’t got anyone but me to talk to if she has a problem.”

I looked down at him for a few moments, now I was the one getting angry. John and Mandy had put me through the wringer today and he just stood there and told me it was my fault that they were upset.

“Well she’s got more than I have then.” I said quietly and turned back to the stairs.

That night I was haunted by Mandy in my dreams. I saw her standing at the bar, her slim body with it’s cute butt drawing my gaze. Her shy smile as her eyes looked down at the table, her cheerful grin when she turned up at the shop, but most of all was that tender caress to the back of my hand as she spoke to me.

I woke up in the morning feeling groggy and un-refreshed, and for the first time ever I felt a touch of loneliness at waking up in an empty bed.

Pulling myself together I got up and showered and dressed. In the kitchen I sat at the table again with my head in my hands while my coffee cooled.

I had behaved badly last night I realised. The poor girl hadn’t hurt me, she had just let me know how she had felt with a quiet dignity. I panicked, that was the truth of the matter. I was faced for the first time in my life with someone telling me that they cared for me, not because I was their mother, just because I was me. I should have reacted better to her, let her know I understood and wasn’t angry with her for telling me. Now I had to try and fix this.

Pulling on my coat I went up to John’s room and knocked on his door. I heard his sleepy voice mumble come in so I opened the door. He was just sitting himself up in bed, I could see Greg’s head half buried under the duvet.

“John, I need to speak to Mandy this morning, do you know if she’s working today?”

“Um, no I don’t think so, it’s Friday today isn’t it? I don’t think she has to go in until Saturday. Why?” he was still half asleep as usual at this time of day.

“Can you give her a ring for me and ask her to drop by the shop around lunch time if she isn’t too busy?”

“Yeah okay mum.”

“Bye love.” I said as I closed his door.

“Bye.” I heard from him and Greg.

The morning passed slowly, it was quiet and I was still worrying about how I was going to face Mandy after I had been so rude.

About half past twelve she showed up. One look at her and I felt even worse, her eyes were puffy and red, it was obvious she had been crying a lot. She looked scared like she was expecting me to blow my top at her.

“Morning Mrs H.” she said, there was a tremble in her voice that hurt me to hear, she was normally so self assured and confident or at least that’s the way she had always seemed to be.

“Afternoon Mandy, please call me Janet. Look I’m sorry about last night, I behaved very badly.”

“I was going to say sorry to you, I ruined everything because I misread you. I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be silly, you haven’t ruined anything. I just panicked a bit that’s all.”

The slightest trace of a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.

“Panicked? Am I some kind of lesbian monster that scares correct little housewives.” I could hear the resentment and anger hidden beneath that weak smile, god I was trying to fix things and making them worse.

“Oh god.” I groaned, “I’m trying to explain and I end up making things worse. Look it’s not you, it’s not the fact that you’re a woman, the problem is that I’m just not used to, you know intimacy.”

“Intimacy, look I wasn’t trying to get into your knickers in the middle of the lounge bar of the Oak you know.” she still sounded pissed off, but her customary grin was trying to make a reappearance.

Just then we were interrupted by a customer who spent about ten minutes looking at gifts before leaving without buying anything. Those ten minutes we were both stuck with our own thoughts, trying to make sense of everything. I was just desperate by then to feel her fingers tracing circles on the back of my hand, afraid that she would, and afraid that she wouldn’t.

When the woman had left I sighed.

“Look this isn’t the place for this. I’m going to close up and we can go somewhere else to talk. John and Greg are probably at home and I don’t want to disturb them. I suppose we could go back to the pub again.” I said.

“It’s too no good there at lunchtime, too many people waiting to eat and listening. How about my flat, we can pick up a bottle of wine on the way get relaxed and chat for a while.”

The look on my face must have been a picture because her grin was back in full force.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.