Junior Year - Cover

Junior Year

Copyright© 2016 by G Younger ISBN-10: 0-9988371-0-5

Interlude

Coming of Age Sex Story: Interlude - David's Junior Year is beginning with a sharp edge to it. His best friend is dead. The girl he'd thought he would spend the rest of his life with is now lost to him as well. He's facing new challenges and pressures due to his rapidly increasing fame. He doesn't just want to survive - he wants to excel. He'll have to reach deep inside himself and find the inner strength and toughness, the resolve and focus, to achieve his dreams. Golden Clitorides: 1st Epic Erotic Story and Erotic Humor Story.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Humor   Sports   School   Slow  

Bo Harrington

I’ve only known David for a relatively short time. I was between jobs when Joe Phips, University of Florida’s Receivers Coach and Recruiting Coordinator, called me about a prospect he’d met over the weekend. When he told me the kid was a high school freshman, I told him there was no way in hell I’d waste my time and energy on some rich kid whose parents thought he was special.

Joe told me to call Don Berta, University of Kentucky’s Recruiting Coordinator, because they’d offered the kid. I have to be honest, I almost didn’t make the call. He also sent me film. If I hadn’t just wrapped up working for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, helping one of their backup quarterbacks fix a problem with his throwing motion, I would never have made the call.

When I called Don he had quite a story. This raw kid, who’d just started his first varsity game, walked into a recruiting visit where the top quarterback prospect in Kentucky was attending. David had out-thrown him. He also said this kid was a leader that other players instantly liked. He’d been instrumental in getting the majority of the recruits to accept offers to Kentucky’s nationally ranked recruiting class.

That comment was enough for me to watch the videos Don had sent over. It showed both his workout at Kentucky and the game films of his high school games. Even when he played fullback it was obvious this kid had talent.

The reason for the calls, and what jumped out on film, was that David was playing in a terrible offense for his skill-set. I was directed to call a local businesswoman, Mrs. Sullivan, who would eventually help form the Lincoln High booster club. I did so and told her my fees. She told me that David’s parents weren’t in a position to pay that much, but she would see what could be done. I then called Coach Lambert to make sure I wouldn’t be stepping on any toes. I had him call Coach Matt Styles, the head coach for Kentucky, because I’d assisted them during spring practice. Coach Lambert was on board after that, and called Mrs. Sullivan to put his stamp of approval on my helping. Later that day they agreed to have me come work with him.

I’d told Mrs. Sullivan that I would come in for a week and see if I could help. I didn’t want to waste my time or her time and money if David wasn’t someone I wanted to work with. I also told her that if I stayed, I might have to leave for another job — which is what ended up happening.

I’ve worked with a lot of quarterbacks at all levels, mostly college and pro levels. I can think of only a handful that work as hard as he does. When I first met him he checked off all the physical attributes you want in a quarterback: he was tall enough to see over the offensive line; he was in great shape; and he was so raw he hadn’t learned any bad habits yet. He passed the eye test.

Much more significantly, from my perspective, when it came to learning from me he soaked up knowledge like a sponge.

Another thing he did that just blew me away was he had his own lawyer. I’d never had a quarterback question my help. He was savvy enough to make sure he wasn’t breaking any rules. He also realized that my coaching wasn’t cheap. I think he worried he might be beholden to someone for them paying for it. His lawyer was able to tell him that there were no strings attached.

When I finally had to leave, I gave him a training guide and coaching videos. I figured he’d never even look at them and that would be the last I would see of David Dawson. Man, was I wrong.


I think back and it seems like just yesterday that I met this kid. He and I have gone through a lot together. He has actually become one of my biggest successes. He fits the mold for what you find in successful high-level quarterbacks.

It was more recently, when I was reviewing some stats pages I’d been working up, though, that it really came home to me how many key attributes he has in common with the NFL’s top quarterbacks.

In a recent draft there were 15 quarterbacks taken, the most ever. I was asked by an NFL team to help them look deeper than the typical measurements of height, speed, arm strength and the like. I was given a chance to interview all of them and I was tasked to see what key life-experiences appear to be predictors of success.

When it comes to the quarterback position, you hear the word intangibles a lot. Yet we rarely discuss where they come from, or how a quarterback goes about acquiring them. Some are obvious; for example, they all tend to work hard and love football. But what helps make them that way? What I found surprised me:

• 13 of the 15 quarterbacks selected grew up in two-parent homes, with the majority of parents having college degrees.
• 13 of the 15 lived in homes that were at least average, if not above average, in value for the area they lived in.
• The average age at which they started playing the position was nine. Only two took up the position in high school.
• 12 of the 15 received individual quarterback coaching outside of their local high school coaching system. Most traveled great distances and paid significant amounts to get coaching, and attended camps and seven-on-seven competitions.

What I found was the top-tier quarterbacks had a lot in common, and it centered on resources. They had family support and most lived in upper-middle-class homes. Having resources meant they could receive specialized and/or individualized coaching. While I’m not saying that you have to have those types of things to succeed, I’m also not saying they guarantee success. The 15 guys drafted were all united in having an incredible work ethic and ability that made them successful.

What I also found was that they were problem-solvers. When one of the quarterbacks couldn’t find a seven-on-seven league in his area, he formed one himself.

What I found with David was that he has a good support system in his family. He has the physical attributes and work ethic. That’s where the comparisons end. David Dawson is not just a football quarterback. He has taken his whole life to the next level. What kid do you know goes out and gets a part-time job modeling and makes the money he needs, without parental help, to go and get the outside coaching he needs to be an elite quarterback? What kid knows to surround himself with people that can help him achieve great things? I think a lot of that is the way he was raised.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.