The Samaritan - Cover

The Samaritan

Copyright© 2016 by Lapi

Chapter 3

I called my friend Sam. When he answered, I told him some advice was in-order and did have room for me in that shack of his.

“Well, ah, you see it might be a little messy, Tara from next door has been acting a bit funny recently and cleaning is not a high priority with her right now. I’m even lucky she sometimes makes me breakfast and cleans the pool. Since school let out for the summer she has been a ... Don, you are always welcome. Tara has the other big bedroom upstairs but the others are good size but you won’t have a private bath.”

“Thanks man, I need your advice on a few things, that’s what a good lawyer does, right, get you out of trouble or was it to keep you out of trouble?”

Sam had handled my divorce. I guess that rather created some kind of bond or something.

“Sam, you said Tara was a girl next door but then you said she had a bedroom there; what gives?”

“Got that, did you? I’ll let you ask me what you wanted advice on, then maybe you can give me your opinion on Tara and my situation.”

“High school huh, maybe my Jamie has something in common with her, except in my case she has an older sisters Jenny, both are stone foxes too.”

“Are they coming with you or are you...”

“That’s what I need to talk to you about; a hospital there has recently expanded and has offered me a job. How this all came about is a long story, it needs to wait. I should be by you this evening. Is the address you gave me still good?”

“Yes, it is silly but since recently she insists she wants to be my wife, even changed her address and lives here now.”

“And what exactly does her mother and father say to that you old dog?”

“No dad, and her mom Peggy and Bonnie my ex, think it is ‘cute’, at least that’s what they say.”

“So, what’s the problem?”

“The problem ‘Hoss’; is that she is not even 15-years old yet does not seem to care she is still a minor. I took her to her Junior/Senior Prom, the next day a friend let me use his private jet and took us to Vegas. I swear she started calling every wedding chapel there to see how old you had to be to marry.”

When Don showed up, I finally got past the door. Tara was looking the car over. She came back asking for the keys, got in it and took off like a bat out of Hell. You could see her pull in next door. Her mom came out, looked at the car, then at us, shrugged her shoulders and entered the car door Tara had opened for her. She mouthed something; I could only guess what it was.

“I guess ‘your wife’ likes the old jalopy Sam. It’s leased but you can get me another in dark Blue to replace it, that colour looks better on her than me.”

Sam gave Don a dirty look. “I know what kind of advice I’m giving you, Bubba! Wait how old is Jamie and I think having more than one wife is not kosher here.””

NOTE: I have extracted pats of another story for background on Sam Jefferson and Tara.

Isn’t there a saying that ‘all good things must come to an end’ or something like that. Well! When mine did, it ended up not a bad as you might think. For one, my wife, ex-wife rather, found another source of comfort other than me.

I found another interest. Mine was the only house like it, a big ‘Texas Ranch’ smack dab in the middle of this mixed community of small to large houses.

The doorbell, chimes rather; sounded, I opened it, slowly.

“Please excuse me I’m your neighbor Peggy. I’m so sorry that I have not been over to welcome you but I, I ... have had some problems. Is there anyway you or your wife could just watch my daughter a few hours? The babysitter I hired did not show and I need to find a lawyer to handle my divorce from that ‘Rat Bastard’ hopefully my soon to be ex.”

C’mon in Peggy, I might be able to help you out with some of your problem. My ex is a lawyer’, actually we used to have a law firm together but almost parted friends, well sort of.

I left for a few minutes then returned. “Here is her card; call, ask for her, tell the secretary you are Sam’s neighbor and need some legal help.”

It was now 9:15 am and both the phone and doorbell were ringing. I took the wireless to the door and looked at the caller Id. It was my Ex, so if I had to guess it was Peggy at the door.

As I opened it I answered, “Sam’s home for wayward girls, are you picking up or dropping off?”

It was Peggy at the door but she was not alone.

“Nice technique Stud, I’m glad you finally got a hobby. My opinion of you changed a little today. That woman you referred me too was in a bad state. I think I spent most of the call just trying to calm her down. For some strange reason she thinks you are a good guy, she should only know but you did the right thing for her. I’m seeing her later myself, although you are ‘the enemy’ I think what you are doing for her is points for you, she told me you are watching her kid so she can come in.”

“She is here now, let me speak with her. Help her if you can Hon, if you need costs covered let me know or just deduct it from my share of the house or business. My opinion of you went up too; I might not automatically kill, maim and mutilate your ‘lover’ on sight when I see her now.”

I turned to the door.

“Come in Peggy Sue, bring your shadow with you, and is she another neighbor or a gift for my new ‘Wayward Girls’ endeavor?”

“I need to thank you, so much. I’m seeing your wife, err, ex wife later.”

“Well Peggy Sue, if she can’t help you no one can. Lee and Jefferson have over 200 lawyers pushing pencils. Her Maiden name is Lee, as in Robert E. and mine is Jefferson, Sam Jefferson. Those names still mean something around these parts so unless your soon to be ex husband wants to start another war, you won’t be without some clout. Hi, I’m Sam and you are?”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.