Galbadia Prime Online
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2016 by Orinks

“Look, we share your enthusiasm very much, Julian,” John says. “Despite you wanting to lead, maybe even thinking you can lead with common sense, you cannot. To us and other governments, you’re simply the equivalent of some offworlder. I do respect your point though, so yes. Let us all sit and discuss the groups, clans, and organizations that are out here in the fringes of deep space.” Michael during this exchange looked to have a passive face. He looked at John, me, back at John, and then turned to me at last, with what looked to be a half smile. At least the color was coming back to his face. I thought he was about to pass out given the fit he was in a moment earlier. He sat next to John, which I assumed was his assigned place to sit at these gatherings.

“I’m attempting to settle differences and bring us together by getting our new man Julian up to speed on these wild and unpredictable groups. There are six of these groups in total, all of which have agendas that fluctuate from day to day,” Michael explains. “What I can tell you is that the Argons out in these Fringes are not someone you wanna fuck with. The Tisendi, an organization with no affiliation to anyone that claims to protect the fringes, supposedly made some kind of pact with the Argons.” I listen to Michael with serious attention now. The others in the room looked passive. They were probably bored with this speech; they’ve heard it millions of times before. Surely, they had something to say, and I was waiting for at least one other person to speak up about any of these groups.

I got my wish when a woman raised her hand to speak roughly two seats over from Michael. “Jessica here, Julian. Welcome to a messy introduction to galaxy Politics,” she says. “Michael, you forgot one major group that should be on our priority list. That group is the Kazlendy.”

“I didn’t forget about those Jess, relax,” Michael says with frustration. “One group at a time. You are right, the Kazlendy are the most threatening of all the groups. We’ve sent out several scout ships to determine their total strength, but they grow every day without fail, it would seem. Julian, it’s important to note that the Kazlendy aren’t interested in talking. Since this part of space doesn’t have any kind of government control like the local Galbadia government does where you ended up making your home, the Kazlendy are interested in warring with the five remaining groups out here to take all of it for themselves. Surprisingly enough, the other groups, when they had the chance to do just that, didn’t take it. It is my personal opinion that the other five groups want to unify and make a new government in the fringes. They’re having trouble doing so due to the looming threat of the Kazlendy.”

“I think I’m starting to get this, and why these Kazlendy need to be a higher priority,” I say. “That said, what are you all to them? Why are you here? Were you advised by one of the Galbadian governments? You seem about as independent as these six groups you speak of.”

“We get support from the Galbadian Governments,” John chimes in. “We choose not to be affiliated with them; however, to answer your question, we were asked by some who credible sources now say are head leaders of the Tisendi to “observe and take action where necessary” to ensure a unified government. I assure everyone here that again, a unified government out here is a long time coming. The Argons, meanwhile, have their own agenda. This ... this deal the Tisendi made with them where the Argons made some kind of “revolutionary alliance” with the central Galbadian government at Prime, spells disaster for any and all Galbadian governments. One death was already reported. Our sources came back only with a name, he says. “We have some information on a Charles Albright.” I don’t ever recall hearing that name before. Now, I know there’s more going on than my friends at Galbadia Prime would have me believe. The decision to make now is who do I trust? Maybe these people are as untrustworthy as the kid that they suspected I was, uneducated and unable to lead or comprehend. These people who claim they want to make a government actually have little too almost no government experience themselves. I decided that the best course of action is to play it undercover. If I suspect something with these people that appears shady and out of place, I’ll tell ... someone back home. If they earn their trust with me; however, they’ll find that my war tactics are going to be an invaluable asset.

“So, what do you suppose we do?” I ask. “Who has control over this? Is it Tisendi or the Argons? It sounds as though you don’t have a tactical plan. If you don’t have a tactical plan, how do you expect me to have one? The only experience with any combat I have are the brain-dead Argons who will invade the capitol and its surrounding sectors from time to time,” I say. “Galbadia Command Central will send us on missions, but that’s about it. You say your “sources” had a name of Charles Albright. What are you not telling us, John?” I found that I loved the power to control these people. I’m almost convinced Kim set me up for this shit. Did she think I’d dive in headfirst coming up with plans out of my own ass like this? Was it, perhaps, when I ran those missions when Kim was aboard and she liked my leadership ability? Does Kim know about these other external conflicts to Galbadia Prime? Did she set me up as some kind of representative for Galbadian interests out here in “Fringe” space? If so, all the more reason not to trust her. Julian Matthews doesn’t fall for anyone’s con. Even if Kim or anyone else for that matter has legitimate reason to trust me, I don’t have to trust Galbadia or its leadership. We’ll see which way the wind blows, but I’m keeping myself as a top priority, and I refuse to be the messenger for a government I know nothing about.

“We know very little,” Michael states. “All we know besides the name was that he was in the GDF. He had his own squad. He had talented gunners I hear, but he came down in a rescue pod. He didn’t land in his GDF-issued battle cruiser. An investigation was launched, but ashes littered the landing pad. All we know is that there was a fire. The Rescue Pod was burnt, obviously with Albright in it, Michael said. “This is obviously the work of a skilled assassin, possibly in league with the Kazlendy.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.