Galbadia Prime Online
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2016 by Orinks

“We congratulate you, Julian Matthews. The results of your Perma status are complete. We detect zero errors. Pleas awaken.”

I heard that voice; that scary, creepy male robotic voice pound in my eardrums, snapping me awake. I felt great. Actually, I feel rested, something that was lacking when I chose to undergo this process two days before. There’s many fragments to be filled over this two-day period. I wasn’t the one to make this life-changing decision; for example, the person who was responsible, is gone. This other person controlled me from a console. To him, I was just some Avatar in some game. With him gone, I guess I have a brain of some sort now?

First, I’m glad to be alive and sitting in this chamber, ready to push this damn thing opened and get back to my ship. I have no memories of this other person, only what Alchemy staff told me during the briefing. I couldn’t do anything. I witnessed it, but the person who was controlling the console somewhere completely different was responsible for my actions.

I finally pushed the door of this small, dark chamber open to reveal a room with technicians. I waved at them, letting them know I was ready to go, and noticed one thing that was different. Every physical action I take now, whether it is pushing a door open just now or waving, I feel a small tickle behind my head. I opened my mouth for the first time as a perma citizen of Galbadia Prime.

“Hello.”

I was happy to note that I still sounded the same. There goes that tickle though.

“Hey, why do I feel this tickle-like sensation in the back of my head every time I do something as basic as waving or moving my hand?”

“That is the nurrelisers taking effect.”

“You’ll get used to it in time,” one of the techs said at me. “The biggest notable difference to the entire process is that you’ll sleep and wake up in the same place,” he says.

I nodded. “What do you acquire of me now?” I ask.

One of the female techs looked over at me now. “Nothing, Julian, you are free to go,” she says. “Be sure to talk to customs right next door. I hear they offer a few luxuries to those that have become a permanent resident of Galbadia Prime.”

I nodded. “I won’t pass that up. Thanks!” I say.

Alchemy didn’t allow anybody to bring anything when becoming perma, so I let myself out of the room and, just as the young female said, customs were right next door. Eager to get out of this building and return to life, I entered with a gate suggesting I meant business. I walked up to the counter and did a quick double tap with my knuckles. I’m not sure why, considering that nobody was there. A sign above the counter suggested I should press the green button on it, and an officer would be there shortly. I did that, and a five-second buzz permeated the room.

A short, scruffy male came out for me. His name tag read, “Robert Smith.”

“Hello, Robert. My name is Julian Matthews-”

“You are the new guy who just became a Permanent citizen of this world?” He asks.

I nodded. “I am, and I heard there was some post-benefits afterward,” I say.

“Many benefits become available to you now that you are Perma,” he says. “One such benefit is a new luxury vessel.”

“What are the features?” I ask.

“Most notably, it comes equipped with eight living quarters,” Robert says. “These have beds. The ship is also fitted for combat. Two plasma cannons, missiles, and torpedoes for backup if you need them. They’ll even throw in a laser that does extra damage,” Robert says.

“Is there a catch?” I ask.

“We don’t pull any punches,” Robert says. “What we tell you you’re getting is what you get. However, the Galactic Council does hope that it’s most valuable residents, of which you are one now, Julian, considers joining the Galaxy Defense Force or GDF,” Robert says. “Not only would you serve the galaxy in a time of need, you will also increase your combat skills. The GDF pays huge sums of credits to those who can prove their worth on the battlefield,” Robert says.

“Got it,” I say. “So how can I get my hands on my new ship?”

“Everything is setup,” Robert says. “All you have to do is simply sign this, confirming that it is Julian Matthews.”

I watched as he reached for a circular fingerprint scanner. First, he let the object scan his finger and held it out for me to do the same. I responded by placing my thumb on top of it. It beeped at me, indicating, I hope that my signing of the ship in my name is complete. Robert then handed me an item.

“Simply hand this to the ship store clerk at your home planet, Galbadia Prime,” he says. “The clerk will do the rest, and from there it’s just like buying a new ship.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.