NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY
Chapter 2

 

Very quietly we ate, looking at each other quite a bit. She was looking at me like she was horny, which made no sense to me.

When all the food was done except for the drinks, she scooted up next to me and said, “Big brother, do you love me?”

That sounded to me like a trick question so I said nothing!

The rest of the trip home to our parents’ house, she had her hand back on the top of my groin.

Maybe she is having a mental break down, I thought to myself?

“Lulu honey, have you given any thought to what you want to do with the house?” I asked her.

“Tear it down!” she said

“Have you forgotten to take any medication I should know about,” I asked her.

“No!” she said sounding like I said something stupid.

“I have a completely different idea; do you want to hear it?” she muttered.

“Sure,” I said, “Go for it?”

“I want to move -- not just from Philadelphia, but from the entire eastern seaboard!”

“Anyplace specific in mind?” I responded with a slight chuckle.

“Henry, if you could live anywhere in the United States where would that be?” she asked.

I had to think about that before I answered her oddly timed question. “Probably somewhere in Kansas” was my answer. “Are you going to tell me why you asked me that?”

“Well, you are a professional financial advisor and part-time mystery writer and you could do that anywhere, couldn’t you?”

Without a taking a breath in between, she added, “And I am looking into becoming a professional masseuse, I could do that anywhere, I suppose?”

“So you want to tear down the house and then we would both move to Kansas each doing our own thing?” I attempted to extrapolate.

“We have enough money to do anything we want and I want to live with you in Kansas?” she responded.

Even though I suspected the answer to this I still asked, “Why do you want to live with me!?”

“Because I love you, big brother.”

“That’s very sweet of you to say but I...”

“You’re not listening to me ... I love you, I am in love with you and I want us to live together somewhere we can be lovers and nobody would know we were really brother and sister!”

I screeched to a halt in the middle of the road, “What are you talking about?”

Car horns quickly pervaded the area and I pulled over and asked again, trying to calm down.

She took the opportunity and gave me the kind of kiss that should happen between a husband and wife, not a brother and sister! I did not fight her, but did not respond either.

Her name should’ve been Lola instead of Lulu, because most everything she wants, she gets!

I looked right into her beautiful eyes, and what I saw caused me to take her face in my hands and gave her one just as romantic and passionate as she had just given me.

Before it progressed from kissing to more, I turned the key in the car and got us the rest of the way to our parents’ house.

Once we were there she put the key ring in my hand and said, “Count the keys, please?”

Not counting duplicates there were four extra keys!

She went into the closet just off the pathway to the kitchen and pulled out some of those boxes you use to move! They were already folded and stacked to use.

She handed me the keys saying, “We need to find out what those extra keys are for. I worked for a locksmith for six months and they look like safe keys to me!”

“OK,” I said taking her by the hand and heading upstairs. “Let’s start looking for secret hiding places, why don’t we?”

“I see your mystery writing juices have kicked in,” she said with that smile of hers that had always lit up anyplace she was. She even gave my hand a squeeze.


Starting in our parent’s room, which felt a little odd at first. We each started looking under, between, and behind everything!

“Found something,” I said moving aside things in my father’s bedroom closet!

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.