Monkey Wrench
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2016 by Redsliver

Zoë began our morning by zipping across the hall into my bedroom. My old hockey jersey was still in use as her pyjamas. She hopped onto my mattress in a kneeling position. Mom knocked on my door.

“You kids OK?” She leaned against the door jamb as Zoë twisted around.

“Yeah, mom, it’s just that, we need battle plans for today.” My sister conspired.

“Battle plans?” Dad asked over mom’s shoulder.

“Yeah, Kia’s just using Dean for show and tell.” My sister leaned back on her hands, pushing down on my chest and between my legs. I grimaced. Dad laughed at me. “I’m not going to let someone treat Dean like that. I know so many better girls for him.”

“Coffee.” Dad kissed Mom’s hair and left. Mom looked at me.

“Who are you thinking? Xiomara?” Mom raised an eyebrow.

Zoë shook her head. “Maybe, In a few weeks. We love Xiomara.”

“We do.” Mom smirked. I intended to keep quiet. “Have you asked him who he wanted?”

“No.” Zoë scoffed. “I’ve got a few ideas. Plus, I figure, my best friend should have an awesome first time. Dean’s going to have to practice.”

Mom laughed like she had six lungs. I burned red. I didn’t know you could talk to mom about sex, brazenly. I thought you had to be uncomfortable and try to leave as quickly as she’d let you.

“Baby, you are a complete menace!” Mom laughed. “Dean, is Kia treating you poorly like Zoë thinks she is?”

“She does seem to care more about whether people see us going out or talking. She’s kinda cold when it’s just us.” I admitted.

“I knew girls like that in high school.” Mom pondered. “Hell, I know women like that my age. Dean, be careful, be smart, and don’t let she who must not be named push you into something you’re not comfortable.”

“Oh! Sweet! I’m the new Voldemort!” Zoë bounced and that deflated my ribs. I moaned and pushed her hand off my chest. I looked pathetically to Mom.

“Uh, I’m not certain I have choice.”

“You always do.” Mom said and she reached for my door to close it. “Zoë, tell Xiomara everything. If she ends up blindsided and heartbroken, I’m holding you accountable.”

“What the fuck was that?” I murmured to the closed door.

“Hey.” Zoë spun back to face me. “We good?”

“Yeah?” I hoped. She punched me in the meat of the thigh.

“After the game,” Zoë growled. “You were weird when we got ready for bed.”

“That was a Pat and Renée thing.” I reminded her. “Plus, I think we overwhelmed Elizabeth.”

“Hey, she slept in your bed, didn’t she?” Zoë laughed. “All I had was Pat, Renée, and Connie for warmth.”

“Those beds comfortably sleep seven.” I said in bright wonder.

“Or so we think,” Zoë laughed. “We’re blacked out as fuck right now. Marin and Suzi could’ve been rolled off the side to make room for Andrea’s starfish pose.”

I had to laugh at that. “Can you believe the game though?”

“Pink cards were sweet.” She smiled remembering. “Connie was so easy to play. I think I can seduce her.”

“Do you like girls?” I asked.

“Well, you’re the only boy. What else am I to do?”

“Marin and Hannah seem the most accessible for you.” I mulled over the many conversations I recalled from the box. It was harder, in this world, to get the images right. My memories was a network of crossed wires and misquotations.

“Nah, Marin’s probably the straightest girl in there.” Zoë laughed. “That’s not right. I imagine the girls in the box and I get tingly. I think of the girls out here ... I love Xiomara ... No, I think I’m straight. Damn.”

“Damn?”

“We’ll have to do our wife swapping on the inside.” She was still pensive so her joke didn’t connect. If it was a joke. I hit her knee with mine. She straddled my leg.

“Zo?”

“What? You notice there was no kissing on the pink cards. You can lick the back of someone’s hand or nuzzle on their neck, but it’s up to second base blue before you even get a peck on the cheek or lips.”

“I don’t think there was anything on the cheek.” I countered. “Plus, after three blue cards, we all forced ourselves back to the pink.”

“Yeah, that’s why I asked if we were good.” Zoë reminded me. “We did that.”

“That? Oh, true.” I smirked. It was uncommon seeing such uncertainty on her face. “It’s not like we fucked. We didn’t even make out.”

“Yeah, but--” She took a deep breath. “Do it again, so I know were good. I’ll go nuts if you don’t.”

I looked at her. She glared with false bravery. I reach up and honked her boob. She sighed and smiled. I grinned and took my sister’s breast in my hand. I massaged it, though neither of us could make eye contact. Her nipple poked my palm.

“Alright,” She erupted into giggles and took my hand off of her. “I think we need a shower.”

“Uh, two showers.” I reminded her.

“Obviously, the rents wouldn’t get it.” She swished over to my door. I don’t think she was wearing anything under the jersey. I felt my thoughts catch up to my actions. I clenched my hand into a fist. “I’ll make us breakfast. Take the first shower.”

I cranked it in the shower, really went to town. I don’t think it took longer than my showers always do. I got out of the washroom to the smell of burnt. I went a little whiter. I changed in my room. Off to breakfast, Dad was in the hallway.

“You know, I was terrified when Zoë started dating. It turned she had a sane head on her shoulders. She was good at staying away from guys I’d have to hate.” He told me as we walked to the kitchen. Zoë zipped by us with a big smile. My jersey flew around her thighs. “I figured, I was a lucky Dad. I didn’t realize I’d really start worrying about her all over again now that you’re dating.”

“Dad.” I grumbled as we followed the bacon smell to the kitchen. Mom was reading her tablet and eating scrambled eggs.

“Zoë made breakfast. No eggshells in the eggs.” She said.

“She was 10 when that happened.” I defended my sister. Dad grabbed a steaming plate and sat down. The rest of the morning seemed normal. Zoë couldn’t screw up eggs but she could burn bacon. We went out for the bus before dad went to work and after mom. Kia lit up at the stop.

“Hey, Kia!” My sister raced ahead. She drew the tall girl close and started whispering in Kia’s ear. I shrugged as Kia’s face went from unhappy blushing to stark white. She pushed Zoë off.

“That’s not your business Zo.” It was sharp and direct. I liked that. Women didn’t do that enough. Everything was so much quicker.

“He’s my brother. If he’s not getting up in this ass,” Zoë slapped Kia on the rump. I pushed the girls apart to keep Kia from slugging my sister. “If he ain’t getting off, why should you get to show him off.”

“What, but--”

“Bus is here. Ignore her.” I declared. I had intended to break up with Kia this morning. Zoë’s display set me off.

“OK.” Kia mumbled. She rubbed my arm and scowled at my sister. I followed Kia to sit with her friend Laurie.

“Hey, look, I was thinking that--” I started but Kia shook her head and we rode to school in silence. Laurie gave us a look and just played on her phone. She looked happy to ignore our drama. I was looking forward to ditching Kia to her friends.

“Hey, Dean.” Wanda was dancing from foot to foot as we stepped off the bus. I was a step behind Laurie and Kia and Wanda was in their clique. I expected to wave her off and get blindsided by Zoë. More battle plans were coming no doubt. Maybe there’d actually be a plan to enact. “Oh, hey Zoë.”

“Hey Wanda,” Zoë chirped and looked the girl up and down. Wanda was a petite brunette. Too skinny, and I like slim. She had big brown eyes that moved with a nervous rhythm. She dressed nice, expensive. She must have rich parents.

“Can I talk to your brother?” Wanda pleaded with quick syllables. Zoë was about to push me to move on.

“Why?” Accused Kia.

“Of course!” Zoë announced and swooped up the skinny brunette. She, quite on purpose, swung around to make sure Kia was out of the circle within we were having our conversation. “Do you like my brother? Do you put out?”

“OK, tone it down.” I said flooded with embarrassment. There were eyes on us from too many students. Kia scowled, turned with a flip of her hair and stomped off. Laurie shrugged and went after her.

Wanda leaned in to whisper. Zoë leaned in to eavesdrop.

“Kia said you’re also waking up ... inside?” She started shaking and was about to cry. Zoë tackled her in a hug.

“Who’s in your room?” I asked.

“What colors can you wear?” Zoë demanded. “Dean makes me wear pink.”

“Kia came in last night.” Wanda sustained herself with joy. We raced her off somewhere private.

“Xiomara will come up here when her bus gets here, but until like five to the bell it’s only ever me and her.” Zoë hung out behind the library. The boys she flirted with had claimed but they had graduated last year. I sat on the bench. Wanda and Zoë flanked me.

“You and Kia, who are the other eight?” Zoë prodded.

“Well, um, Stephen and Dashawn.” She blushed to her toes. “A bunch of girls I didn’t know. I don’t think they go here. But, there’s one more, uh, Yuming. I mean Mrs Lang.”

“How’s she look as an eighteen year old?” Zoë perved. For me, judging by the elbows she was throwing. My ribs thanked me for pushing my sister an inch further away.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.