The Return of the Mack - Cover

The Return of the Mack

Copyright© 2016 by BUICK GS

Chapter 2: Loading Up a Much Bigger Train

Western Sex Story: Chapter 2: Loading Up a Much Bigger Train - We will be looking in on the life of Buffalo Soldier Sgt. Mack Shaft. Mack and the men he mustered out of the Army intend to get on with their lives after the Civil War. Our story begins with Mack fighting to get out of the Army. Their final destination is somewhere out west. But you never know where you might end up living. New codes to be added as needed. No sex in this opening Chapter.

Caution: This Western Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Rags To Riches   Western   Incest   Mother   Son   Brother   Sister   Daughter   Black Male   Black Female   White Male   White Female   Black Couple   White Couple   Cream Pie  

After two weeks of being free of the Army, Mack Shaft and his men had been through a few scrapes, with some bad men. Who intending to relieve them of all of their many personal belongings, and in some cases, their lives as well. Some of the times there was some stolen goods belonging of others who had already been robbed and or killed, that the Shaft crew recovered, including some captives also. Sgt. Buck Rodgers was from Richmond, Virginia area, because it was on the way to Tennessee anyway. So nobody was upset with Buck also taking a little detour as five of the men were from Kentucky, had already left to go and check on their people.

All of the men had bought into the idea that heading west was in their best interests, as the southern United States was not the place to be if you were white, and would be worse being black. Some of the men who had recently had their personal ticket punched to the afterlife were in fact what would be later called carpetbaggers. The wagon train had grown by eight horses and three Conestoga wagons outfitted with four mules each. Nobody had really inventoried the new wagons, as the plan was to get going and keep going west. Sgt. Rodgers understood that the longer Shaft and company were stopped here in any parts of the south, the better the chance for trouble to a deadly problem, that Mack would just as soon avoid...

“Mack, I just want to see my mother, and see if the girl I was sweet on wants to leave with me. I have older brothers so I won’t be inheriting anything, plus with all of them terrible carpetbaggers, and other crooks and fools running around here. I am only trying to be here the rest of today and all of tomorrow, leaving to return to the train the following day. I know most likely that I will never see my family again once I leave this area. I really want to thank you, Mack, for waiting for me to see to my affairs here, I won’t betray the trust of any of you Buffalo Soldiers have shown in me. As we fought in the war together, I feel as though we are family, not white or black, just family.” Sgt. Rodgers said.

“I feel the same way, as we have all saved each other both in the war, and these last two weeks. Just hurry, and settle your business, as we need to be gone, from the area as fast as possible. Plus I want to meet the Kentucky group in Memphis soon, and we have to stop in Columbia, Tennessee on the way to Memphis.” Mack said.

“Leave if you have to, Mack, I will have to catch up to you if trouble comes, I will see you in a couple days.” Buck said.

Buck rode up to see armed guards at the gates to his family’s small plantation. “Who in the hell are you?” the armed guard asked. “I am Beauregard Rodgers, I am the fourth son of Anton Rodgers Sr., are any of my brothers here?” I asked.

“I believe Mr. Anton Rodgers is here right now.” the guard said.

“Well could you go get him, please, I intend to only see my parents then leave, never to return, tell this to Anton please.” Buck said.

Nearly an hour later my brother Anton allowed me to gain entry onto the property. I saw the damage that had been done to the property. But I asked no questions, and no answers were volunteered concerning said damage. I saw my parents; my Dad was sickly and hated the uniform I was still wearing. (Though I never heard it from him personally, he was secretly proud that I had returned, and had become a Sgt. as well.) My mother cried as she hugged me, I was sad to learn that two of my older brothers who fought for the Confederate Army sadly were killed fighting side by side, they were twins ta boot. Poor guys had done most things together all their lives, sadly, but they died together as well. Anton convinced them to go join up for the family honor. I was upset, and fought with Anton after he sent them to join up. That is why I went to join up with the Union Army, Anton was too arrogant and slick to actually go, and fight himself, but he made sure everyone knew he was sending my brothers so everyone knew the Rodgers family was supporting the cause, I hated being here.

Later that evening my Mom pulled me to the side and said. “Beau, you need to go, as you and Anton have never really got along, and that was before the war. I love you, but it is best that you go in the morning. I would rather you were away from here than stay here, and one of my sons has to kill the other one. Anton has never realized that you are as much, if not more man than he is. I will make sure you can care for yourself if you will just leave, please, Buck.” My Mom was in tears as I held her, Anton Jr. walked by my open door and just stared like he wanted to kill me because our mother was crying in my arms.

“Mother, you are the one person I came to see in this house, and I have accomplished this mission. I will be leaving in the morning, always remember that I love not only you, but Dad and Anton as well. But for the good of what is left of this family I will willingly leave in the morning.” I said. I was looking at Anton, who gave a small smile then mouthed the words thank you, at the same time that my Mother was speaking the words.

“Miss Annabelle will have breakfast for you before you go, and I will eat with you, even though your Father and brother won’t be joining us for breakfast.”

After my Mom left my room I packed up the few belongings that were left in the room I grew up in. This included the hidden booty my Grandfather left me, knowing that I couldn’t inherit from my Dad. I peeked into both of my brothers’ rooms looking for their hidden treasures, as we had helped one another hide all of our personal gifts given to us by our Grandfather. By the time I was finished packing the few items I thought that I couldn’t live without, and all the hidden treasures, I had quite a pile.

That pile of belongings was more than I could carry with just one horse and still be able to ride the horse in question. I met my Mom before breakfast to ask about my chance of buying an older horse to pack my belongings onto. “Beauregard, please give whatever it is you have to Averil, as you will be taking a few more family heirlooms than you expected when you leave, so hurry up so we can get breakfast over with.” my Mom said.

I was shocked to see both Anton Sr. and Jr. at the table for this very early morning breakfast, as I was awakened and told to get dressed as fast as possible. “There have been some new developments that happened overnight, the Trump Plantation was burned to the ground after it was looted. I am not sure about whether the family still there was harmed or not. Ole man Trump said he would burn his place to the ground before he just gave it to any carpetbagger that tried to take his land. Those of us with sizable holdings had a meeting, and we agreed to stick together to keep our land and holdings. But now that the carpetbaggers are just about finished with the small time farms, they have turned the attention to those of us they said they would not disturb.

Beauregard, I am sending your Mother and a few others with you, as it is no longer safe for her to remain here. I will not be forced off my own land by anyone, no matter if they are white or black, and I don’t care if they claim to be from the government or not, I ain’t leaving, period! I am now really sorry I didn’t leave years ago, as some families did just before this cruel war started. Can I count on you to get your Mother to safety wherever it is you are going, just in case we are not able to stand our ground against these lying two-faced sons of bitches,” my Dad asked me.

“Yes, Dad, I will protect any and all that are going with me, as long as they understand the men I am traveling with and intend to live with, building up a ranch this size or larger, are all black men. These men are smart and are well educated, as we taught each other everything we could while others were out getting drunk, gambling, or spending money in a saloon or on camp women. We intend to buy all the land and stock we can when we find the correct location, if we can, with our shared nest egg. While I am not the top man in this outfit, I am among the decision makers. Our bond is and was formed in battle, and I won’t betray any of these men.” Buck Said.

So anyone going needs to know the Buffalo Soldiers that I will be meeting up with are in charge. They are respectful, but are wary of white people for obvious reasons. So anyone with issues, while still welcome, needs to keep their personal feelings about black folks to themselves, and have as little interaction as necessary, as there is still safety in numbers. Let me say this, in the four years that I have been in the Army I have learned that people are the same, no matter the color of their skin. Being a good or bad person is a both color blind, and does not discriminate, either. And can show up in not only white, or black people, but includes people of all colors including red, brown, and yellow.” I said.

“You are up this early, son, because I want you gone at first light with the wagons we are now sending with you, in addition to the two wagons your Mom was originally sending with you. Your mother will be in one of these wagons that are going along with you, as now it is no longer safe for her, or your sister Leslie, to stay around here, at home, at this time. I have always told you, that you can’t save every puppy in the pound, so these carpetbagger types told us that if we looked the other way we would be left alone. If it wasn’t for the telegraph man telling us, we wouldn’t know what they where up to in the end. The move they made on the Trump’s last night confirmed that they are not letting any of us big outfits, as they call us, off the hook. And come tonight these MOTHERFUCKERS are going to find out this is OUR TOWN! AND WE DON’T SHARE ALL THAT WELL WITH OUTSIDERS! Am I sorry we didn’t stand together sooner? The short answer is yes, but it is too late to change the course of actions that led to people losing both their land, and in some cases their lives as well. When you get settled let us know where you are, and we will see if I can send for your mother at that time. And only then after the dust settles around here.” my Dad said.

After a quick cleanup of breakfast I stepped outside to see the extra wagons outside for the first time. “Many have worked through the night, myself included, to take the many valuable items from within this house. If they take the house, that is all they will get. The little things that have made this house the great home that it had became, will be leaving with you, hopefully to be returned at some time later on. When I looked outside near my horses I was shocked to see six additional wagons, three of which were loaded, with eight more pulling up in the yard. My dad went over and had a word with the people who had just arrived.

“Listen, I talked with Buck this morning as you all said last night you were leaving soon, and changed to leave this morning since Buck and my people were leaving this morning. What I need to make very clear to all of you, it is because I had to accept this last bit of information that I wasn’t all that comfortable with, myself.” Anton Sr. said. All the white men standing next to Anton Sr. were looking at him very intently after the statement that he just made. “Beauregard has made it clear to me that he will not stand idly by and see the black people with you treated badly in any way. Just listen, I have to say this to you because you need to know that the men Beauregard is rushing to meet and build his future with are black Army soldiers. Beauregard has made it clear that while he is in on all major decisions, he does not lead this group of men.” Anton Sr. said.

“Anton, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING TO US?! Are you really sending your WIFE AND CHILDREN with a bunch of DAMN SAVAGE DARKIES?! Tell us that you are not seriously doing this.” One of the men said.

“Hell, yes I am. But you are welcome to leave your family and yourself to the tender mercies of the white savages running around here robbing and killing, now. Or worse stealing our land by some so-called government order, that says that we must comply with whayever these carpetbaggers say, with a sraight face. If you stay I wish you well, as I intend to fight to keep this place, the the bitter end! I intend to fight until the end to keep what my family has built up from the brush, and in many cases buried on this land! My family has a better chance leaving with Beauregard than staying here, even though they could be harmed going west also. We know for certain there will be gun battles, about this plantation very soon, so I can’t send then to any place around here as we are all in the same situation, now.” Anton Sr. said.

“So I am making the best choice that I can. Beauregard assures me that this Sgt. Shaft is a man of honor, and his mother is safe from the men doing anything to any white women and children going along on this trip. So you can go or you can stay, but if you go you have to treat these men Buck is meeting like you want to be treated, or you will be strongly encouraged to do so, if you don’t. That includes paying the men that you used to own, a fair wage, thec same as you would a white man, or don’t travel Beauregard and his friends. I wish you well, no matter what you decide to do, so take a few minutes to talk amongst yourselves. Buck will be leaving at the top of the hour with, or without you. Good luck, and may God bless you whatever you choose to do, I am going to be with my wife as I may never see her again after this morning.” Anton Sr. said.

A little later that morning, as nothing starts on time. “Ok Beauregard, all the folks we know that are trying to be here are here.” Mr. Putin said.

“Ok, thank you sir, I just want to stress again that you will be seeing black men armed with weapons and are free to use them against white people. I want to make sure you, and all of your group have to that understand once we start moving towards the west, from the first foot, we all have to have a US AND THEM MENTALITY, I want you understand I have talked to all the men of Color that are going with us, I have also made it clear to them that they could leave at any time they so choose to do so. But that is not the wisest choice for them to make, but this is a still choice they were free to make, for themselves. And also that they are free people that are indeed needed, so you must pay them as though they were white people.” Buck said.

“If this is unacceptable to you, just know that I will pay them to help guard this wagon train that will indeed be growing along the way. As the Buffalo Soldiers add any family, or friends they can gather on our way to Memphis, Tennessee, to catch the barges to St. Louis to get to Independence, Missouri. But we may not all be together until we get to Memphis, Tennessee, so we will need to arm everyone we can, because every mile we travel somebody could be lurking to take any, or all that we have, including our lives. I said.

Or just be desperate enough to just settle for our supplies only. In my journey here, I have had to kill a few men, who wanted for whatever reason, wanted all that I had with me. Sgt. Shaft taught all of us to shoot first, and ask all questions later when approached if weapons are in sight, or pointed at you. Shaft has always said, though, you might still die, it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six any day. Please tell your people about paying all of their new negro employees fairly, and we can be on our way this morning.” I said.

“You seem to have a lot of rules you expect us to live with because you say so. Those slaves belong to me, I will be damned if you, or anyone else will tell me I gots to pay them too!” Mr. Putin said. (Yes, gots to.)

“Look Mr. Putin I don’t care what you think of me at this point, but I am telling you, RIGHT HERE, AND RIGHT NOW. That within a few weeks you are about to run into a negro that you can’t bully, and I can promise you this, you will be left to fend for yourselves wherever you and he clash, and ANYBODY traveling along with this wagon train will be treated the same, no matter their color, or birth status. I have been with this man for over two years, he is about as color-blind as a man can get. By the same token, he has been hardened by his former treatment, plus surviving the war. Mack Shaft and the men that follow him treat anyone and everyone the way they want to be treated, no matter who they are, or the color of their skin.” Buck said.

“It is the content of people’s character that guides the way Mack treats people that he encounters. I say this so you understand I am a friend as well as family with these men, I want to be sure you really want go with me, as everyone will have a job to do. So consider yourself warned and informed, ‘cause when we move out, you are on your own, and your employees are free to make their own deals and are being informed of this situation as we speak. I leave in 30 minutes with or without you. Good luck to you and yours if you choose not to travel with me.” Buck said. And I walked away to let my drivers know in when we were leaving.

“Son, is everything you just said true? I am trusting you with the lives of your mother and your sister, as well as a large part of my money, and all of your mother’s money she received from her family.” my Dad said.

“Dad, by the time this wagon train all comes together, the Buffalo Soldiers will have much more money then you are sending, or what Mom has combined. We have profited off a few wants to rob you type men, who ended up losing their lives for disturbing our journey. Your monies are safe from the men I am traveling with for not only that reason, but I am as family with these men, and will have my own place to run in our group, we want that land very much and we are going to make it, too. When we stop I will tell you where we are when we settle in a location that we are able to set up shop.” I said.

The look on my Dad’s face was shock to what I said; I just don’t know what part of the things I said was the biggest shock, though. My brother looked at me as though I was crazy. Again I don’t know what was going on in his mind at the time. I know I had them wondering if our wagon train was really safe to travel with, as in their opinion the blacks will turn tail and run at the first sign of trouble. Or worse get people killed because they can’t hit anything they try and shoot at. All in all there was still safety in numbers, so they all pulled out 15 minutes later than the 30 minute deadline, the train camped 16 miles later everyone agreeing tomorrow was a new day.

While our man Beauregard was settling his home life, Mack and a few of the men pushed on hard to get to the Nashville, Tennessee, area to get to Columbia to see if they had any relatives left around there. Mack had not been in Columbia an hour when he had to help a man take a trip he wasn’t ready for. A former plantation overseer tried his best to make Mack and his men understand they had to let him take whatever he wanted, he was ignored until he began uncoiling his whip. In the space of a few short minutes the overseer went from making demands to lying face down bleeding to death in the dirt.

Mack kept the whip for himself personally, the overseer and his associates were out of picture quietly after shouting so loudly just moments before, the bodies were cast off the road after the few valuables they had were donated to the cause. After seeing the ruins of his old plantation, Mack was later directed to where he was likely to find his loved ones. “Boy, bout the only place still left untouched at the moment was the Anderson Plantation, you might want to go and have a look and see if your people made it there safely.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.