The Electrician
Chapter 17

Copyright© 2016 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 17 - Adam, smarting a recent divorce, is renting a bungalow from a friend until he can find a permanent residence. A call to an electrician to fix a faulty outlet results in Kara showing up for the job. He discovers she has similar interests and invites her to dinner, which she reluctantly accepts. They fall in love. Adam is surprised to learn Kara is a 29-year-old virgin. At her request he deflowers her. Their love is tested when Kara suspects, despite their engaging in safe sex, she is pregnant.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Adam parked the U-Haul truck along the curb in front of Kara’s ranch house. He saw her Buick in the driveway, and the front door unlocked. “Hello,” he called as he went inside.

“I’m in the bedroom,” he heard her call back. Adam headed up the stairs. “I was packing the rest of my closet into these storage tubs. I was just about to start on my dresser.”

“Leave your stuff in the drawers. We’ll pull them out, haul the carcass out to the truck and re-install the drawers.”

“Okay...”

“What about the bed?”

“It comes apart.”

“Seems to me first order of business is taking down the mattress and box springs.”

“I’ll take off the sheets and put them in the washer,” she said. “The blanket and spread can go in a tub.”

Adam looked around her bedroom. “I have an idea,” he said. “We can take those curtains and use them at the house. They look long enough.”

“Trouble is,” she replied, “I have two windows here and three at home.”

“Yeah ... I forgot. Give me a hand with this mattress.” Together they lugged the mattress out to the truck.

“Is this truck going to be big enough?” she asked.

“It was the biggest one available at the rental center. If we need two trips, we’ll make two trips.”

The truck loaded, Adam sat behind the wheel and Kara beside him. He headed out of town and toward the countryside. “Did you call that FBI office?” she asked.

“I did.”

“And?”

“I laid out what has happened.”

“And?”

“The agent said it had all the hallmarks of a romance scam. I mentioned the name Arthur Gallagher and he said the name rang a bell.”

“Arthur is known to the FBI?” Kara asked. “Did you tell Mom?”

“I told her I called the agency, and that I gave them a rundown of what happened. I also told her I gave them her contact information and that she may or may not hear from them. I did not mention that Arthur’s name rang a bell with the agent. I figure if there’s bad news in that department, she can hear it from them.”

“Are you sure that’s the right way to handle it? I think if it were me, I’d want to know. Was this before or after she sent the money?”

“After. I think she was waiting at the bank’s door when they opened. Nothing was going to stop her sending the cash, Kara.”

“Yeah, you’re right about that.”

“Besides, ringing a bell isn’t the same as having a dossier on the guy. It could be a mistaken identity, or a garbled recollection.”

“You’re right about that, too. God, Adam -- I get sick to my stomach thinking about all this. Did Mom say anything else?”

“Yeah -- she said she sent Arthur an email telling him of the payment.”

“Did she get a reply?”

“Not by the time I had called her.”

“Poor Mom,” Kara said. “She’ll be like a teenager sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring.”

Adam drove the truck to the house and parked it in the driveway. “All right -- last in, first out.”

He and Kara assembled the bed frame and set the box spring and mattress in place. “When we go back for the second load the sheets should be dry,” she said.

“Too bad we couldn’t use the curtains,” he remarked.

“Adam -- why not just put up some window shades? Like the ones in the other rooms.”

“What shades? What other rooms?”

She let out an exasperated sigh. “The two spare bedrooms we’re not touching. I saw them when I was installing new outlets and re-wiring the ceiling lights.”

“The windows have shades?”

“You mean, you don’t know what’s in your own house?”

“I haven’t been in those rooms since we walked the place with Peter.” He regarded mounting hardware on the top corners of each window frame. Then he headed into the back spare room. Two of the windows had shades; these he rolled up, removed them from their brackets and installed them in the master bedroom. He rolled them up and down to convince himself they worked. Then, he removed a third shade from the front spare room and installed it. “Better?” he asked.

“Much better. You’re just lucky all the upstairs windows are the same size.”

“Okay, that’s one item off my to-do list. Let’s bring up that sow of a dresser carcass,” he said. “Then, we’ll go back to your place for the sofa, book case and chairs. After that, we can load up the rental furniture and take it back.”

Kara groaned. “Can’t the rental company come and get it?”

“They can,” he replied, “but it will cost us a truck fee plus labor. We have the U-Haul; we might as well get our worth from it.”

“I’m going to be more exhausted on my day off than if I spent it on a jobsite.”

“I called Peter and told him we’ll have the garage emptied out by noon tomorrow. He’s coming over tonight to write up a sales contract. He’ll have a cleaning crew there tomorrow afternoon...”

“Cleaning crew?”

“Just to spiff the place up. No offense, Kara, but we both know you’re not a clean freak.”

“No offense?. Adam -- I admit keeping a place spic-and-span isn’t my priority. But I’m no slob, either.”

“I know, and I know you’re not rough on a place. Tell me you’d rather we clean it ourselves and I’ll have Peter call off the crew.”

“Frankly, I would much rather delegate a job like that.”

“Once the crew is done, he’ll take photos, get it listed and we’ll have our first open house on Sunday.”


Adam sat across from Kara at their kitchen dinette. He scooped some chop suey from a paper plate. Kara sprinkled toasted noodles on hers. “This hit the spot,” he remarked, “after the kind of day we had.”

“Congratulations,” she replied. “You successfully cooked rice and heated up a can of chop suey.”

“Baby steps.” He regarded her. “Kara -- is something bothering you?”

“I’m having one of my dark days, Adam. It’s ... how I am.”

“Is the abortion bothering you?”

“It flashes on me out of the blue ... and sometimes that triggers a cascade other doubts.” She drew in a breath and sighed. “You know I don’t have any deep emotional connection to that house in town. Putting it on the market makes me feel like we’re burning a bridge.”

“Well, we are. New beginning, remember?”

“That’s where my doubts are, now.”

“Don’t tell me you won’t sign the contract when Peter comes over, Kara.”

“Oh, I’ll sign it. I know we have to move forward. Adam -- I bought that house because I had to get out from under my mother. I told you I love her -- I love her very much. I can’t stand to live with her, especially after Karl moved out and Dad passed away. She was always in my business ... personal business, not work business.”

“Maybe she failed to make the transition from parent of a girl to parent of a grown woman. You’re no longer her offspring -- you’re her offsprung.” Kara smiled at his remark. “I’m thankful my folks were able to make that change. I have a great rapport with them.”

“But, you don’t live with them, either.” He saw her eyes beginning to fill. “I don’t know how much of my poor rapport with Mom is my own fault. Maybe I’m just difficult to live with. It’s all still new to me, Adam. You at least have some experience living with someone ... with a partner. It feels like we’re moving awfully fast.”

“You remember what happened the last time you wanted to slow things down.”

She nodded. “It’s a lesson I won’t forget. Adam -- I’m not suggesting we slow down or sleep in separate rooms or anything like that. I’m just telling you what’s going through my addled mind at the moment.”

He reached across the table, held her hand and massaged it with his thumb. “I’m glad you can share your thoughts like that. I think it’s a step forward, Kara. I have no doubts about us. None at all.”

“On top of all that, I’m still worried about Mom.”

“So am I.” He picked up the paper plates and tossed them in the trash. “I called the county about trash pickup. They’ll be dropping off a special trash container. Pickup is every Thursday. We leave it on the other side of the road and they have a truck with a robotic arm that picks it up and empties it.”

“I miss the garbage disposal at my place,” she said.

“Garbage disposals and septic tanks aren’t fully compatible,” he replied. “We had the same issues at home when I was growing up. It’s part of living in the country.” He glanced out the window. “There’s Peter, now.”

Holding hands, Kara and Adam greeted the realtor on their front porch. “Thanks for stopping by,” Adam said. “Come in.”

“I did want to see what you did with the place,” Peter replied and looked around. “Looks very nice.”

“It’s still a work in progress,” Kara added.

“What house isn’t?”

“The only big change was adding a bathroom upstairs,” Adam said.

“Mind if I take a look?”

The three headed upstairs and Peter looked into the new bath. “So, you’ve gone from four bedrooms, one bath to four bedrooms, two baths. Remind me what you paid for the place.”

“One hundred,” Adam replied, “and we put in about seventy in upgrades -- mainly infrastructure, plus the new bath.”

“So, you’re all-in for one-seventy. It would easily fetch two hundred as-is. More if you do something about the falling-down barn.”

“We intend to,” Kara said. “But we have to get my place sold, first.”

“Ah, yes ... Where can we go over some paperwork?”

“Let’s sit in the kitchen,” Adam suggested and led the way.

“This is very nice, too,” Peter remarked as he regarded the kitchen. “I like how you kept the mid-century vibe.”

“We didn’t want to compromise the structure,” Adam explained, “so we decided to leave the layout as-is. It’s a pretty big kitchen.”

“Indeed. There are buyers who don’t like open-concept. I doubt if you had started knocking down walls that you’d get a return on your investment.” Peter opened his briefcase, removed a manila folder and flipped it open. “I think we discussed a priced-to-sell figure of two eighty-nine,” he said. “I think the comps support that, and it is a desirable neighborhood.”

“That’s what we discussed,” Kara replied.

“This is our standard seller’s agreement. It’s good for ninety days; after that we can extend it or you can look elsewhere. I’m sure we’ll sell it well before ninety days.” He turned the paper over. “This is the seller’s statement. Here’s where you list any known defects or issues, any modifications, especially any that might not be up to code.”

“The only thing I did was replace the furnace,” Kara said. “Otherwise, I didn’t touch the place.”

“We can note new furnace and roof less than ten years old. Look this over and let me know if you have any questions. My commission is four and a half percent, plus expenses. The only expenses I anticipate are the cost of the cleaning crew.”

“What’s that going to run?” Adam asked.

“Between seven hundred and a thousand.”

“I don’t have any questions,” Kara said. “Adam?”

“No ... looks straight-forward to me.”

“Believe me,” Peter added, “it’s in my best interest as well as yours to get top dollar for you.”

“Speed is of the essence, also,” Adam interjected. “We need the proceeds in order to get the next phase of work done here.”

“Well ... To set some expectations ... Unless you happen to be lucky enough to receive a cash offer, we’ve been seeing times between accepting an offer and closing stretching to three weeks and beyond. The banks are swamped with refinancing ahead of anticipated rate hikes.”

“I remember what it took for this place,” Adam replied. “Of course I had a building loan, but the closing on the mortgage took weeks.”

“You might consider that route for your improvements,” Peter suggested. “See if your bank would write one collateralized by the house and paid off with the proceeds.”

“I hadn’t thought of that,” Adam said. “Let’s see what traffic we get, first.”

“Very good. Kara -- if you could sign some copies...” He handed her a pen and she signed the documents. “Do you have a key I could use?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.