The Electrician
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2016 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 16 - Adam, smarting a recent divorce, is renting a bungalow from a friend until he can find a permanent residence. A call to an electrician to fix a faulty outlet results in Kara showing up for the job. He discovers she has similar interests and invites her to dinner, which she reluctantly accepts. They fall in love. Adam is surprised to learn Kara is a 29-year-old virgin. At her request he deflowers her. Their love is tested when Kara suspects, despite their engaging in safe sex, she is pregnant.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Adam was roused by the sound of the shower running in the attached bath. He rose, pulled on a pair of shorts and headed into the kitchen. He filled the reservoir of Kara’s coffee maker, added fresh grounds and switched it on.

Shortly she stepped into the kitchen in her short robe and with a towel around her head. “I smelled the coffee,” she said and helped herself to a mug full. “Adam -- we must do something about covering the windows in the master bedroom.”

“It’s on my to-do list,” he replied.

“I simply can’t sleep with that much light in the room. I’d still be asleep now, otherwise.”

“All right, we’ll do something even if it’s taping newspapers over the windows in the short term.”

“Well ... On work days it won’t matter because I’m usually up around five. On weekends, especially on Saturdays I like to sleep in.”

“I’ll have something in place by mid-week. Promise.” He sipped from his mug. “If we can get a U-Haul this week, what would you like to move here?”

“All the furniture,” she replied, “and anything else that fits.”

“All of it?”

“It all has to go sometime. I don’t really have that much -- the bedroom set, the sofa, chairs and bookcase in the living room, and the kitchen table and chairs.”

“I thought we weren’t keeping those.”

“We can use them in the dining room until we can get something nicer.”

“I suppose. Then I can return all the rental furniture and save that expense every month.”

“Oh, also the washer and dryer in the basement.”

Adam drew in a breath. “There is no way that you and I can move that washer out of the basement by ourselves. Do you know a couple of burly construction laborers we can pay off with some beer to do the heavy lifting?”

“I wouldn’t want them to know where I live,” she replied.

“Did you buy those?”

“No, they came with the house.”

“The house was built in seventy-five. What, are they forty years old?”

“I think they date from the mid nineties,” she said.

“That means they’re at least twenty years old. I think we should leave them with the house and buy new ones for here. Remember, it’s a new beginning.”

“How much would that cost?”

Adam shrugged. “We could probably get a decent pair for a grand.”

“Can you afford to spend a thousand dollars on a washer and dryer? I know I can’t.”

“I can’t either, but once we sell your house, we can. Then it’ll be up to the delivery team to move them into the basement.”

“What do we do about laundry until then?” she asked.

“We’ll go to your place and do it -- like we’ve been doing it.”

“I suppose.” She drained her mug. “I’m going to dry my hair and get dressed for church.”

“I was going to start looking at my backlog.” He drained his mug and headed to his office. Adam powered up his laptop and began reviewing emails.

Kara stepped into his office wearing her blue floral print dress. “How do I look?” she asked. “I picked this because it’s light and cool. Today’s going to be hot again.”

He regarded her. “You look fine.” ‘

“Fine? That doesn’t sound like a rave, Adam”

“I think that dress would be improved if you had a belt to wear with it.”

“Adam -- I wore this dress the first time you took me to the Reef Inn.”

“I remember.”

“You didn’t say anything about it, then.”

“I’m no great Don Juan,” he replied, “but I know better than to criticize a woman’s outfit on a first date. Besides, it was a big improvement over coveralls and a flannel shirt.”

“This is the problem I have with my shape -- something that fits my hips is too full on top.”

“Kara -- I’ve seen you sultry and sexy in that short black evening dress, and looking sharp and professional in your black suit and blouse. I think a belt would make that dress look better on you.”

“I’ll go see what I can find. I haven’t moved my entire closet here yet, you know.”

She returned with a wide, white vinyl belt around her waist. “I swiped this from another outfit. What do you think?”

“Did you look in the mirror?”

“Yeah...”

“What do YOU think?” he asked.

She drew in a breath and sighed. “You were right. Now I look like I have a waist, and the white goes with the print. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it myself.”

He stood, embraced her and kissed her lips. “You were too close to the problem.” He kissed her again. “So, what time will you be back?”

“Dinner time. I probably won’t have much of an appetite. I end up eating too much when we go to brunch after church.”

“I’ve been emboldened by my success so far with that new range,” he replied. “I might try making some lentil soup.”

“You’re interested in learning to cook?” she asked.

“One of us ought to.”

Kara picked up her bag. “Well, I’m off.”

“Have fun.”

She rolled her eyes. “Right, with my mom in her funk over Arthur. See you later.”

Adam returned to his desk and opened an email from a prospective client asking when a proposal would be forthcoming. He brought up his word processor and began typing up the proposal.

He heard his cell phone ringing in the kitchen where he had left it. The ringtone indicated a call from Kara’s number.

Adam dashed to answer it. “Hi.”

“Adam -- you have to come. It’s Mom...”

“What about her?”

“She’s in absolute hysterics.”

“Is this about Arthur?”

“Yes -- she received a disturbing email from him.”

“What kind of email?”

“I don’t want to discuss it over the phone. Neither of us knows what to do.”

“And, you think I’ll know what to do?”

“I was hoping we could put our heads together and figure something out. You’re a bit of a dispassionate third party.”

“Kara -- I haven’t even taken my shower yet.”

“Please, Adam. She’s beside herself.”

“All right. You’re at your mom’s place?”

“Yes. Do you remember how to get here?”

“Yeah, I remember. I can be there in about half an hour.”

“Thanks. Please hurry ... but don’t get a speeding ticket or in an accident.”

Adam cancelled the call. He headed upstairs and changed into twill pants and a polo shirt. He bounded down the stairs, locked the front door behind him and backed his Mustang onto the roadway. He drove to the white colonial and parked beside Kara’s Buick.

He rang the bell and Kara answered. “Thank you for coming. Come on in.” Adam stepped into the living room. He saw Kara’s mother, pacing and daubing her face with a tissue. “Mom,” she said, “Adam’s here.”

“Mrs Lawrence ... Constance,” he said.

“Thank you for coming ... I’m in an awful state...”

“Kara said something about a disturbing email.”

“Show it to him,” Constance replied.

Kara gestured him to a desk in the corner. An older model laptop computer sat on it. Adam read the email aloud. “Dearest Constance my Polaris it grieves me to write this. My plans have gone awry, my exit blocked and my resources cut off. I can give a full recounting and repayment upon our reunion, but right now my only recourse is to offer baksheesh to the corrupt official who is holding my passport. I hate to have to come to you, my dear, but all other avenues are closed to me. I need to raise fifty thousand dollars...” Adam turned to Kara and her mother. “You do know what this sounds like?”

“Mom and I have discussed it,” she replied. “It looks like a romance scam.”

“He goes on to recommend sending money through Western Union ... to a local agent in Solana, Philippines.” Kara’s mother broke down into sobs. “First order of business -- let’s calm down. Take a deep breath, put your head between your knees -- whatever it takes. Today is Sunday so there’s nothing we can do about this right away.”

He sat on an upholstered chair facing the sofa where Kara and her mom sat, holding hands. “Mom wants to send the money,” Kara said. “I’ve told her...”

“And, I’ve told YOU,” her mother retorted, “that I am not some feeble-minded senior in her dotage. I agree it looks like a scam, but I know Arthur ... And he promises to pay me back when he returns.”

“If he returns,” Kara said. “Mom -- you’ve known him for a few weeks...”

“We’ve had an online relationship...” Constance looked up at Adam. “Adam -- what is your opinion of Arthur?”

“Truthfully?”

“Yes, truthfully.”

He drew in a breath. “Truthfully -- I don’t know. I told Kara he’s either the world’s greatest catch or the world’s greatest fraud. The more I learn about him, the more I’m convinced he’s the real deal.”

“See?” Constance said toward her daughter. “See? I told you. I know Arthur. He is not a scammer.”

“I also know it’s really difficult to locate any information about him on-line. He’s not on LinkdIn or Facebook. A Google search turns up squat.”

“He told me early on,” Constance said, “that he realized the hazards of the upcoming Internet and decided to keep his digital cross-section small.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.