The Electrician
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2016 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Adam, smarting a recent divorce, is renting a bungalow from a friend until he can find a permanent residence. A call to an electrician to fix a faulty outlet results in Kara showing up for the job. He discovers she has similar interests and invites her to dinner, which she reluctantly accepts. They fall in love. Adam is surprised to learn Kara is a 29-year-old virgin. At her request he deflowers her. Their love is tested when Kara suspects, despite their engaging in safe sex, she is pregnant.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Adam pulled into the driveway of a split-level ranch-style house on a quiet block on the other side of town. He recognized Kara’s Buick parked in the driveway. Clutching a paper bag he headed to the front door and rang the bell.

Kara answered and he stepped inside. They embraced and kissed. Adam regarded her -- she wore denim jeans, a short-sleeved blouse and sandals. He handed her the bag. “I brought this to have with dinner.”

She removed a bottle. “Prosecco...”

“It’s a nice, Italian bubbly. It should go well with dinner. We should keep it cold.”

“I’ll put it in the fridge.” He followed her into her kitchen.

“Well, this really does look like a seventies kitchen,” he remarked, “right down to the wallpaper.”

“The whole house stinks of the seventies,” she replied. “There’s shag carpeting in the living room. I finally had new carpeting put into the bedroom because I couldn’t stand it any more.”

“It’s not a bad layout,” he said.

“It serves my needs.”

“Until you can re-hab that stone farmhouse that’s waiting for you.”

“Right, as if that’s gonna happen. Dinner will be ready in about twenty minutes.”

Adam sat at her kitchen table. “How did your big job go this week?”

“It went well. I finished up a little early today.”

“Are you done?”

She shook her head. “I follow the framing. As it goes up, I go in and rough in the wiring. Once the framing is done and the electrical and plumbing is approved, they close up the walls. I’ll have two or three weeks off, then it’s back to finish up.”

“Do the guys on a site like that give you grief?” he asked.

“Not on this site. Most are crews I’ve worked with before so we know each other. Sometimes I get that. I’ve developed a pretty thick skin.”

“No doubt.”

“How’s your work?” she asked.

“Work’s work,” he replied. “I landed a new client this week. I enjoy what I do, but there comes a point where, no matter what you do, it ceases being fun and starts being work. I guess that’s why they call it, work.”

“I forgot to pick up some beer,” she said. “I’m not a big drinker, so I usually don’t have anything to offer. I do have Coke or Sprite.”

“Either -- whatever you can spare the most.”

Kara set two tall glasses of Coca-Cola on the table. She sat across from him and he regarded her. She was wearing her hair down so it framed her face. “I cannot believe I’m the first guy to show you some attention,” he said.

“Oh, you’re not. I get attention all the time -- the wrong kind of attention. Adam -- you’re the first man who has respected my abilities and treated me as a person instead of an object.”

“I wasn’t always like that,” he replied. “I’m ashamed to admit it, but at one time I, too, regarded women as objects.”

“Really? What changed?”

“My ex ... We had an experience that ... Well, I’ll tell you about it some other time.”

Kara placed her hand on his forearm. “I like the Adam I see sitting before me.”

“Kara -- I know the most important element in a relationship is trust, and trust must be earned. We both need to learn to trust each other if we’re going to have a relationship ... assuming that’s what you want.”

“Oh, Adam ... Lately I’ve been hearing the tick-tock of my biological clock. I don’t want to end up like Ginny Chambers -- a bitter, old spinster. Meeting you on that job for your landlord made me evaluate where I am in my life. You’re right about us learning to trust each other. I’m afraid I’m on the slow end of the learning curve.”

“Well -- at least you haven’t been burned. That’s something. Kara -- because this is new to you, I’m going to let you set the pace.”

She put her hand on his arm again. “I do feel your sincerity, Adam. I really like you. I know we’re in the earliest stages of a relationship...”

“What does your intuition tell you?”

“I like it so far,” she replied. Her kitchen timer buzzed. “Dinner’s ready.”

“I’ll open the bubbly. Do you have some wine flutes?”

She opened a cabinet and took down a pair of stem wine glasses. “I have these.”

“They’ll do.”

“Let me wipe the dust from them.”

“I can do that,” he said and reached for her dishtowel.

She placed plates on the table along with flatware and napkins. Adam opened the bottle and filled the two glasses. He set them on the table and sat across from her. “Here’s to a new-born relationship.”

Kara smiled and sipped from her glass. Adam tasted her mac and cheese. “Wow,” he said, “Kara -- this is really good. I like how the peppers offset the cheese, and the ham adds just a bit of a smoky note.”

“Thanks,” she replied. “The wine goes well with it. I was dubious about a sparkling wine with this dinner.”

“It’s a very food-friendly wine,” he replied. “Say -- would you be willing to ride with me back the Chambers place tomorrow afternoon? I’d like to take closer look at it.”

“Don’t tell me you’re serious about making an offer.”

“I spoke to the listing agent and got the place’s back story. The house has been vacant for at least five years -- Ginny spent those years until she passed in a nursing home. I had thought she died without heirs, but it turns out she has a niece who took care of her, got her placed in the home and took care of the carrying charges on the house. The power has been off since then, and the pipes were drained to avoid freezing.”

“Having a place sit like that isn’t good for it,” Kara observed.

“Indeed. The agent told me the power’s back on, at least. They’re listing it for a hundred twenty. I think that’s way overpriced. I was going to offer eighty, but only after I understand what it’s going to cost to make the place habitable again.”

“How much land comes with it?” she asked.

“Two acres. Ginny had the plot divided back in the nineties and sold off most of the farm fields to a local farmer who keeps them tilled.”

“Hmm ... Once that farmer decides it’s time to retire, there’s a good chance the land could be developed. You could find yourself in a historic property surrounded with new builds.”

“I hadn’t thought of that.”

“The job I’m on now is part of a new subdivision being built on old farmland.”

“I suppose that’s a risk worth taking. The house was built in the eighteen fifties, so it’s one of the oldest structures in the county. I think it belongs on a historic register. If we could get it on a register, that could give us some protection from development -- keep it from being seized under eminent domain.”

“I can give you a good figure on electrical,” she replied. “I dunno about the other trades.”

“It’s a stone house so I figure it must have good bones, provided the roof isn’t too far gone. We’d have plumbing to do.”

“I can’t speak for those guys. You also have heating to address and you’ll probably want to install air conditioning.”

“Well, would you be willing to help with a deeper dive into it?”

“Sure -- it’s the kind of project I enjoy.”

Adam set down his fork. “That really was excellent,” he said.

“It turned out well,” Kara replied. “I’m always nervous.”

“It’s still early. What sort of thing do you do on a Friday after dinner?”

“Read. Take a shower. Go to bed. Since I knocked off early today, I already showered.” Kara rolled her eyes in thought. “Before Dad passed and when Karl was living at home, we’d play cards.”

“What game?”

“Poker usually. I have cards and some poker chips.”

“Two-handed poker is kinda meh,” he replied. “How about Blackjack?”

“We played that some times.”

“We can take turns being dealer,” he suggested.

“Okay. I’ll go locate the cards and chips.”

“I’ll clear the table.”

“Just put it in the sink. I’ll load the dishwasher later.”

Kara returned with a pack of cards and a plastic box of red, white and blue chips. “When we played, the red ones were five, the whites were ten and the blues twenty-five.”

“Let’s start with a stake of five hundred,” Adam suggested and he counted out chips. “This will be the bank.” He pointed to the box of remaining chips. “We’ll both play against the bank, not against each other.”

“Okay.”

“Let’s shuffle between deals. In a casino they blend eight decks, so shuffling will keep things mixed up. We’ll cut to see who deals.” Adam picked up about half the deck and showed her a seven. Kara proceeded to cut a Jack. “Looks like you deal.” Adam placed a white chip on the table.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.