Preview

Marquis d'Sod

by Stultus

Copyright© 2016 by Stultus

Romantic Story: (Neon Lights #2) A middle-aged geophysicist finds his true calling in the steamy summer, manicuring lawns of sleepy Lovett, Texas and feels the foreboding shadows of a terrible danger that only his old childhood friend, an ancient river hobo, can sense. Just what did John Lovett do in 1844 with Catfish John's grandfather at Lovett? Were they keeping something out - or hiding something inside? A tale of pasts and hopes for the future, of redemption, and of love lost and found again.

Tags: Ma/Fa   Romantic   Reluctant  

-Or-
Neon Shadows on a Freshly Mowed Lawn – Neon Lights #2

A middle-aged geophysicist finds his true calling in the steamy summer, manicuring lawns of sleepy Lovett, Texas. He sees the first, foreboding shadows of a terrible danger that apparently only his old childhood friend, an ancient river hobo, and he can sense. Just what did John Lovett do in 1844 when he and Catfish John’s grandfather plowed the great five mile circle around Lovett? Were they keeping something out – or hiding something inside? A tale of pasts and possible futures, of fears and the hopes for redemption, of love lost and found again in the odd strange environs of Lovett County.


Mama said, “Don’t go near that river”
“Don’t be hanging round old Catfish John”
Come the morning I’d always be there
Walking in his footsteps in the sweet Delta dawn

Take me back to another morning
To a time so long ago
When the sweet magnolia blossomed
Cotton fields were white as snow

Catfish John was a river hobo
Lived and died by the river’s bend
Looking back I still remember
I was proud to be his friend

- Bob McDill and Allen Reynolds –


Thanks to my usual cast and crew of Editors and Advance Readers, most of whom prefer to pretend that they don’t know me and wisely wish to take no responsibility for any part of my addled writings ... except for Dragonsweb whom seems to be unbalanced.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.