Smoke and Mirrors
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2016 by Cuentista

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Merlin Jacobs was a man who was successful in his career, not so successful in his love life. His hobby, collecting antiques, occasioned an encounter with a being that had a profound impact on both.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Paranormal  

Merlin was so distracted for the rest of the morning that he couldn’t get any work done at the office. In fact, he didn’t even remember driving to the office. Before lunch, he told his secretary that he wasn’t feeling well and thought he’d take the rest of the day off, maybe the next day as well, and to cancel all his appointments. She agreed that he didn’t seem to be quite himself.

Twice on the way home, people behind him blasted their horns because he was just sitting there in a fog when the light turned green. It was just blind luck that he hadn’t cause a traffic accident or been pulled over by a cop.

Back in his apartment, he (carefully) put away his umbrella, hung up his jacket, kicked off his shoes and sat on the deacon’s bench to study the mirror. It looked so innocent hanging there; nothing the least bit unusual about it other than that it was a rare and beautiful antique.

He was reluctant to say anything to it, afraid at once that the bearded image would and would not appear. He got up and made himself a cup of coffee, liberally lacing it with a double shot of Pedro Domecq brandy to fortify his courage, then sat back down on the bench to contemplate the morning’s events. What possible scientific discipline could explain what he was experiencing? Could he be in the middle of a bad dream? That had happened to him a couple of times before where he was dreaming and thought he woke up, but then it turned out he was still dreaming. Weird!

He couldn’t put it off any longer. He stood, stepped forward and asked, rather timidly, “Uh, Smoke? Come?”

Swirling clouds formed the old man’s image. “Master?”

He was pretty sure now that he wasn’t hallucinating. He took a deep breath, straightened his shoulders and said, “Look, uh, Smoke, I’d rather you called me Merlin and not Master, because I really hate that slave reference. And then could you answer a few questions for me?”

“Of course! It’s my raison d’être, Merlin.”

“You speak French?”

“I speak whatever language you wish me to speak. You seem to be an educated man, so I thought I’d just color up the dialogue a bit.”

“Right. Well, um, about your Merlin; the first one I mean; was that the same Merlin in the King Arthur stories?”

Smoke smiled then chuckled indulgently, “Oh dear no! Although he was a real person, the stories about Arthur Pendragon are nearly all fictitious and so are the tales of his resident wizard. My Merlin came some three hundred years later, and he was a self-employed alchemist who liked to dabble in the forbidden arts. That would be black magic to you. Truth be know, he was actually something of a conman, albeit a genius in his own way. I never knew if he captured me by design or by accident.”

“I see. Well, um, my next question is this; you say you were conjured from the infinite void. So what does that mean? Were you just floating around as free energy in space or something?”

“After a fashion, I suppose you could say that. The dimension in which I exist, the one from which I was so rudely and abruptly extracted, isn’t really perceptible in your universe. Where I come from, sentience doesn’t always take physical form. As I said, I don’t know exactly how the old boy managed to snag me, but once captured, I was bound to his will, and his will was that I remain confined to this mirror and do his bidding until I’m specifically released by my current master.” The image leaned forward conspiratorially, and added, “If you would consider doing me that kindness, Merlin, I’d be ever so grateful.”

Merlin would need to give that some serious thought ... if this was all real, that is. “I’ll consider it, but I’m not doing anything until I know a lot more about all this. For instance, what good are you?”

Smoke looked offended and said, “I beg your pardon! There’s no need to be insulting!”

“Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but I asked a legitimate question. You said you were bound to do your master’s bidding. Well, what kind of bidding? What do you do?”

Smoke smiled. “Ah yes, now I see what you’re asking. Your language can be so confusing at times. Well, let me see, I do all sorts of things, but as far as service to my master is concerned, I’m mostly an endless source of information about anything and everything. I must say, however, that my past masters, again with the exception of Merlin the First, were quite self-absorbed and vain creatures, always asking silly questions like ‘Could I make them wealthy?’ or ‘Did I think they were the fairest of them all?’ or ‘Would I visit devastation upon their enemies?’ It was all terribly tedious! I do hope you’re above that sort of thing, Merlin. Tell me humankind has made at least some progress along the evolutionary path.”

“Are you saying you can or can’t do those things?”

“I’m saying that nobody other than Merlin the First had any real concept of my nature. I’m not the genie from Aladdin’s lamp or any other such fairytale fantasy. Look, pay close attention to what I’m saying! You live in the here and now. Today came after yesterday, tomorrow comes after today, right?”

“Um, yeah, that’s generally the way it works.”

“Well, it doesn’t work that way in MY dimension. In your limited perception of the universe, you’re bound by the linear progression of time. I don’t mean that as a slight, it’s just the way you’re built, the way your mind has evolved to perceive the world around you. I exist in ALL time and I perceive ALL dimensions.

“Look, here’s an example of the kind of information I can offer you: On October fourteenth of next year, you’re going to be promoted to Vice President in charge of product development nation wide, with a thirty-seven percent increase in salary. Congratulations!”

Merlin took a step back. “You’re shitting me!”

Smoke looked slightly distressed. “Must you be so crude? No, I am not ‘shitting’ you, as you so crassly put it! I know these things because, while you live only in the present, I have no such constraints. I am present at your promotion just as I am present at your birth and death. Your entire life is an open book to me. Your concept of time simply doesn’t apply!”

“Holy shit!”

“And there you go again with the potty mouth!”

“Sorry.”

“Forgiven.”

“So Smoke, if I’m reading you correctly, the thousand or so years that you’ve been locked up in this mirror really mean nothing to you, do they? I mean, you don’t sense the passage of time the way we do.”

“That isn’t entirely accurate, but close enough.”

“Okay, so if I take my own sweet time deciding whether or not to release you, you won’t really be inconvenienced all that much, will you?”

Smoke laughed. “Oh you are a clever one, aren’t you, Merlin Two? Well I’m bound to tell the truth, so, no, I won’t be terribly inconvenienced, although I really would like to return to my own universe at some point.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.