Heritage of the Blood
Chapter 3: Magic, Kisses, and a Summons

Copyright© 2016 by DWraith

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 3: Magic, Kisses, and a Summons - After the Fall of the Age of Technology, the near-immortal races, the Dwarves, Gnomes, and others have re-emerged from their underground sanctuaries. The immortal elves, though previously extinct, re-awaken from among humans who carry their blood. One other race is also returning. One girl finds she is destined to be the representative on Earth of an ancient Goddess of the Light, while the forces of the Dark rise to destroy all that is good.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   High Fantasy   Tear Jerker   Post Apocalypse   Paranormal   Furry   non-anthro   Were animal   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Analingus   Slow   Violence   Transformation  

“Come with me, Janet.” He gently took her hand in his, and then guided her through a door in wall opposite the balcony. As she walked in, Janet heard a happy, if rather weak, yipping from one corner of the room. She recognized Guardian’s voice, and realized this was an infirmary, which had seemingly been put together for the single purpose of holding her friends near her, as well as to treat them. Seeing the bloody bandaging on the wolf cub’s side, she felt a sudden stab of guilt for having ignored her friends’ needs so long.

Ellis knelt down beside the wolf cub’s litter. He gently cut off the bandaging, careful not to jar his patient. The wound thus revealed was ugly. It was the only description that came to Janet’s mind as she saw it. She realized that this was not the damage done by an arrow. Not knowing the differences between battle wounds, she thought one of the spearmen must have stabbed him when he was unable to defend himself, and the man had probably never cleaned his spear: the wound had gone septic. Guardian was lucky he was still alive.

Ellis beckoned her, gesturing for her to kneel beside him. “He is the worst off. The coward who led them stabbed this cub with his ritual knife before I could get to him. The man is dead now. However, it took all I could do to keep this one alive. We have no reborn Elves here, just at the moment, and none of us has ever treated such a nasty wound. But I think we can work a little miracle today.” He gently took her hand again, using her palm to rub the tears from her eyes, and then placed her damp palm on the wound on Guardian’s side.

The latter suddenly emitted a painful whine, then his breathing, which had seemed rather too shallow and forced for Janet’s liking, became deeper, more regular and easier. When she removed her hand, she saw that the wound was now closed, and quickly fading from sight, not even leaving a scar. Guardian knocked her down when he jumped up on her, putting his forepaws on her chest as he licked at her face happily. Janet felt completely drained, yet completely elated as well. His happy yips rang sharply, painfully in her head and ears, as well as drawing the other animals’ attention their way.

She wanted to do the same for them all, heal them all as if they had never been harmed. But as she got unsteadily to her feet to go to Kimber, who seemed to be the worst of the rest, Ellis took her by the arms, and then held up one of her shaking hands, and she realized how pale she had become. Her elation suddenly drained away, leaving her exhausted, as she leaned against him.

“We’ll get to the others tomorrow, all right, my love? As I said, your little protector was stabbed with a knife used in blood-magic rituals, the worst kind of magic there is. It leaves a taint on whatever it touches. That’s what was truly poisoning his wound, and it took all your strength to get rid of it ... do you think it would be safe to try to heal the others as you are now?”

She barely had the strength left to shake her head against his shoulder, so did not resist when he picked her up and carried her back to the bedroom, where he deposited her gently on the bed. With a murmured “I’ll be right back,” he went to the door through which he had entered the day before, where she heard him talking to someone who had been waiting outside, and then he came back to the bed where he sat down at her side. “I’ve sent for some food. You do realize, don’t you, that you haven’t eaten a thing since you woke up yesterday?” he asked her with a teasing smile on his face. Realizing he spoke the truth, and recognizing the gnawing ache in her stomach for what it was, she blushed in embarrassment. “You always blushed so prettily, but this time, there’s no need to be embarrassed, my love. The fault is mine. What with the pleasure of having you in my life again, and being part of yours as well, the very idea of hunger completely slipped my mind.” He leaned over her, slowly, so she could turn away if his attentions were undesired, and instead found himself pulled down into a fierce, slightly desperate embrace.

When Janet let him up for air, she had a glint of satisfaction in her eyes. “It’s about time you got to that!” she exclaimed teasingly. Then her face darkened. “I have truly missed you, Ellis. For the first year after that day, I had nightmares of it every single night. Then I finally manage to banish them, somehow, but they’ve started coming back, lately ... I’m almost afraid to sleep sometimes ... I’ve recently taken to working myself to sleep, one way or another. The day before those bastards tried to get me, I’d just returned from a two day hunting trip with the Mynkathi, without sleep, then went and swam for a few of hours with a couple of dolphins that found their way past the arms of the cove. The nightmares seem to have been getting worse, too. I didn’t have the nightmares last night, but then that Awakening thing totally drained me, and I didn’t dream at all.” Janet was shaking.

“I think that what you really need right now, is to eat something and get some more sleep, hmm?” Ellis suggested. Afraid he would leave Janet held his arm in a tight grip. “I don’t intend to leave you alone again, at least not right now. I may have to leave you here for a little while tomorrow ... I do have duties to attend to. But I should only be gone a few hours. Once you’ve been through Chrysalis, you’ll be given some time to adjust, and then you’ll likely be assigned duties in the medical department. Think you’d like that?”

Janet hesitantly nodded. “Okay, I guess.” A knock at the door startled her. She looked at Ellis, wondering why he didn’t answer.

“As of last night, these are your quarters, this room and, while your friends need it, or as long as you want it, the next room, the infirmary as well.” Her eyes widened. Then the knock came again. “Aren’t you going to answer?”

“Come in!” she called out.

The door opened, and a woman wearing strange armor walked in. She glanced at them both. “Good, you’re still here.” She then came to rigid attention. “Ellisanavriel Hai Draconis, thy companion and thou art summoned before the High Council. Thou art to attend the Elders at thy soonest convenience.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.