Not This Time - Cover

Not This Time

Copyright© 2016 to Elder Road Books

Chapter 14: Grand Opening

As spring got real in Minnesota—we’re talking May, not March—housing sales started picking up. Gordon was pleased that I wasn’t abandoning getting new listings just because I had a future batch bottled up. We put together a plan that didn’t involve the usual real estate rigmarole. He was right. I could have done this without him, but he was vested in the project now. Even though Jim knew that I was running the operation, he still preferred to talk to ‘a man’ about the business.

“He tried it,” Gordon said.

“I knew he would. Did you stay faithful to me or did you let him in your panties?” I asked.

“You are so gross. I would never be unfaithful to you.”

“Yeah. It’s almost like I was your wife and you’d never be unfaithful to her,” I laughed. He sighed.

“It’s not like that. Well, okay, it is like that. But my wife doesn’t mind as long as I share,” he said.

“Too much information, Gordon,” I said. “It just gets too complicated when you add that many people. Your wife. My girlfriend. My boyfriend. My daughter. Let’s stick to business. What did you tell Jim?”

“What he already knew. It’s your baby. Jim and I are only along for the ride. God, I hope you deliver on this. There’s going to be two very pissed men on your ass if you don’t.”

“Hmm. I’ve never done it that way.”

“Please! Let’s not even go there. Just start delivering sales, okay?” I grabbed his pencil out of his hand again and circled June 6th on his desk calendar. “What’s that?”

“That’s the day we’ll sell the first Loring Properties Condo,” I answered. “I’ve got a hundred bucks I’ll put on it.”

“Covered.”


I started getting nervous the closer we got to our May 30 opening date.

And, I realized, I was getting closer and closer to sleeping with Bruce.

“Did you feel him when he kissed you?” Lily asked after the closing performance of Manon.

“How could I possibly not have felt him?” I responded as we put Emily to bed. The sleepy girl was out like a light. “After you drilled for oil with your tongue, it’s a wonder he didn’t come in his pants.”

“The way he was rubbing against you, I’d be surprised if he didn’t,” Lily countered. “Are you sure you don’t mind having me along?”

“Look at you! You’re dripping wet,” I said as I fingered her pussy. “You’re actually getting turned on over the idea of Bruce putting his hard dick in your drooling vagina.”

“I can’t help it! I told you I was bi.”

“Yes, and I’m straight. And I still can’t wait to feel your tongue in my pussy. You are going to find it just as juicy as yours. I can’t even wait to taste you!”

“I love you!”

“And I love you, Lily.”


The three of us—Emily, Lily, and I—went to Bruce’s graduation. Or whatever it was called. Graduation exercises at a school like the University of Minnesota are a madhouse. I think they encourage students not to attend unless they are receiving a doctorate. But there was a recognition ceremony at Rarig Center for the theatre MFAs and PhDs. It was kind of fun and they flashed images of the tech people and things they’d designed. The actors had to do a scene or something. All told there were only about forty people recognized and it was an entertaining evening.

“Would you like to do something?” he asked anxiously when we met him after the event.

“Don’t you have things to do and people to see?” I asked. “I thought we’d meet your parents.”

“Um ... my parents live in California. They saw me graduate with my BA and couldn’t manage the trip out here for this.”

“Bruce! That’s terrible!” Lily said, grabbing his arm. I shifted Emily to my other side and grabbed the other arm.

“We have to celebrate,” I said. “But I have to take peewee home to nurse and go night-night. Why don’t you two go have a celebratory drink. I heard someone say they were going to Matt’s. Why don’t you join them?”

“Yeah. A lot of people are going there. He’s always really friendly to theatre kids. I think he graduated from here and ended up taking over his father’s restaurant. He always gives theatre majors a discount. But...”

“Lily, ride with Bruce. I’ll take your car and get Emily tucked in bed.”

“Okay,” she said doubtfully.

“I’ll see you guys later. Or Sunday evening, as the case may be. You know, I have open houses tomorrow,” I said. I turned and headed toward the parking ramp.


Shit! What did I just do?

It would be a minor miracle if I ever saw either one of them again. I could see the sparks flying between the two. They were so hot for each other, they probably wouldn’t even bother with Matt’s. I’d just sent the boy I was interested in off with the woman I loved. Fuck! What a stupid thing to do.

I got Emily home and fed her. She slurped greedily, but it was already late and she was asleep at the nipple before I was dry. I sat in the living room in my fluffy bathrobe with the pump pressed to my breast and cried.

I hadn’t cried since my night in that ratty motel I stayed in when I first came to Minneapolis. I hadn’t had time. I had to create a new life. I had a daughter to raise. I had school to start. I had a new business to stay on top of. I had a new love—loves—in my life.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.