A Thousand Years of Peace!
Prologue

Copyright© 2016 by A Carpenter's Son

Foreword

We have been promised a thousand years of peace. We have also been told Jesus would send us a comforter. Where are we going to find this comforter? When are they going to show up? And how can one man or woman make a difference in this world? Really good questions. The Religions of the world have tried to answer these questions. We have all had many tests with questions in our lives. I find it difficult to answer those questions from outside sources. I have still walked the path and asked the same questions from my inner sources. This is what has come to my mind when I have searched for answers through prayer and meditation. I believe prayer is talking to God, and meditation is listening to God! I have tried to live the last twenty years in quiet. Allowing myself time to hear.

We read in the King James’ Version of the Bible many things concerning the Comforter:

John 14:16 - And I will pray for the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;

John 14:26 - But the Comforter, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter comes, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceeded from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 16:7 - Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

This story is about a man named John Taylor. He has a degree in Business Administration from the University of Washington, in Seattle and has enough credits to call himself an Accountant with a minor in Finance. He is a third-generation carpenter and for a decade in his long life was a General Contractor. He has been married twice and has had nine close calls with death in his life. He finds himself in Seattle again. First, he lost his home to the OSO Slide on March 22, 2014. He was just getting settled when his neighbor upstairs on March 22, 2018, had a health problem. The fire department estimated that the water had been running for several hours before any evidence showed up downstairs. When the ceiling released a few tons of water, it made a serious mess of John’s apartment. John had an all-day meeting and came home being told he could not enter his apartment because of the sheetrock and insulation had given way. John started listing what things he needed and where they were at and informed the Fire Department he could not leave without them. After an interesting discussion, the firemen went and got John’s list of items and loaded them into John’s XB for him. John stayed in a hotel in Lynnwood and looked for someplace cheap for three or four months. He found a single room in the University District in Seattle. His money was not going to last so he looked for something that would pay him. He asked some psychic friends and that is how he met Dr. Tom Holland during the middle of May 2018. Once again, he was living in the University District in Seattle. It had changed a lot since the early 1970’s, last time John had lived there for a long period.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.