Runaway Train
Chapter 36

Copyright© 2016 by Jay Cantrell

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 36 - Travis Blakely had a comfortable existence. He had a decent job and good friends. He was comfortable with what the future held for him. Then he ran into a girl he remembered from high school. His life got a lot more interesting - and infinitely more complicated

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Celebrity   Slow  

“You totally stole my thunder,” Liz said when we walked out of the hospital.

“I didn’t mean to,” I said.

“It was great,” she told me as she took my hand and interlaced her fingers with mine. That’s when we learned that Watson Dewey had tried to get his revenge. I was looking at Liz when Ryan’s meaty palm hit my chest and pushed me backward.

“Fucking photographers,” he hissed. “Let’s find a different exit.”

I had stumbled backward when Ryan pushed me and I found myself next to RFN’s media liaison. I jabbed my elbow out and gave him a solid shot in the kidney. Then, to add insult to injury, I stepped on his Gucci loafers and did my best to scuff the shit out of them.

“My bad,” I said after he bounced off the wall. No one offered to help him up.

Liz never let go of my hand despite my tumble. She was pretty agile and didn’t even slip.

“You’re bad,” she whispered with a sly grin as we headed back toward the administration offices.

“What’s the big deal?” Watson asked.

“Shut up,” Liz hissed.

The administrator was happy to help us out but she couldn’t figure out how. There were photographers at almost every exit. I had worked in a hospital and I knew that employees and the frequent visitors usually had a way to sneak outside for a smoke or a cry or to meet their lover. It took me five minutes to do what the administrator had sworn couldn’t be done.

Liz and Ryan slipped out of the hospital in the back of an ambulance that was backed up to the loading ramp. They were already waiting in the SUV when the rest of us climbed in.

“Run them over if they don’t get out of your way,” Ryan instructed. “They’re in a hospital after all.”

I was almost positive Dom was going to do exactly that but safety became a quick concern when the huge vehicle shot forward. The SUV was a bigger version of the one we had used the night before. This had third row seating and I found myself back there with Jill and Brian. Ryan was in the passenger seat and poor Stephanie and Liz were stuck with Watson Dewey in the middle row.

It took almost 15 minutes for Dom to lose the vehicles that had given chase. It would have taken longer if it hadn’t been for a fortuitous yellow light that he ignored.

All the while, Watson kept up his harangue. Finally, Liz reached the end of her rope.

“Mr. Dewey,” Liz said, turning and glaring at him. “Let me explain a few things to you. The hospital visits are not part of my duties for RFN. They are personal to me. I do not publicize them because I don’t want recognition for them. Do not ever mention them to me again. And if I ever find out you’ve leaked my location to the paparazzi, I will not stop my security chief when he pounds your face into silly putty!”

“Now, wait!” Watson protested.

“No, you wait,” Liz said. “My contract ... a binding document, negotiated by two parties that lists duties and responsibilities of each ... say it with me ... contract. My contract stipulates that Radio Free Nashville must give me 30 days advanced notice for all ... a word denoting inclusiveness ... all promotional or personal appearances. Jill, what is my RFN schedule for the next 30 days?”

I saw Jill gulp as she consulted her phone.

“Uh, the radio stuff today and the concert Thursday here,” she said. “An autograph session and a radio appearance next Tuesday and a concert Wednesday in Phoenix. That’s all I’ve been notified of.”

“Exactly,” Liz said. “So, if Jill didn’t list it, don’t ask for it! And you, by God, better not expect it. I told Mikey yesterday and I’m telling you now. I will fulfill the letter of my contract. I will do absolutely nothing that is not required of me. We will take you to your hotel and then I do not wish to see you again until Thursday at 3:55 p.m.”

“I’m staying with you,” he said.

“The fuck you are,” Liz replied. “Pull over.”

Dom complied immediately ... despite the fact that we weren’t in a very good neighborhood.

“One of the things I’m not going to do any longer is put up with assholes like you,” she said. “I am not required to provide lodgings or transportation or security for you or anyone else from RFN. So get the fuck out of the SUV. There’s a corner up ahead and you can take a cab to where the label plans for you to spend the night.”

Watson had turned to face Liz and I saw him roll his eyes. Jill was in the middle and she hooked my arm when I went to punch him in the mouth. Instead, I did the next best thing. I opened my door, got out and walked around to his. I jerked it open and stood in front of him. The look on his face made the shit I knew I was going to take worth it.

“You heard her,” I said. “You can get out on your own or I’ll drag your ass out. Choose!”

He took a look back and found every face glaring in his direction (which conveniently was my direction, too).

“I’m going to let Mr. McHenry know about this!” he said as he got out of the SUV.

“Fuck you and fuck Mikey,” Liz said. “He already knows the score.”

I got in the seat he had just departed and slammed the door. We pulled away and left Watson Dewey on the street.

“You should have let me handle that,” Ryan said.

“You and Liz have to have a working semi-relationship with those assholes,” I replied. “I don’t. Besides, it was nice to see someone scared of me. You folks sure aren’t.”

“Did you see the shot Travis gave him in the hospital?” Brian asked with a little more excitement in his voice than was appropriate.

Ryan turned around again and gave me another look.

“You pushed me and I fell into him,” I said with my best innocent look.

“I’ll bet you a dollar old Watson pisses blood tonight,” Brian said. “We’re talking a solid elbow right up under his ribs. It was sweet.”

“I scuffed the hell out of his shoes, too,” I added.

Stephanie started the laughter and it snowballed. Even Ryan was smiling and shaking his head after a moment.

“What am I going to do with you?” Liz asked as she took my hand in hers again.

“I have some ideas,” Jill said, learning forward in her seat.

“You just be ... good,” Liz retorted. I offered a thankful glance for sparing me another episode of embarrassment.

“I’m serious,” Jill insisted. “I think you just put together a list of people you’re sick of and turn Travis loose on them! In a few hours, he got rid of Psycho-Bitch for you and then he landed a perfectly clean cheap-shot on that douche!”

“And we’ve all heard how he would go headhunting for you in high school,” Ryan added.

“Headhunting?” Liz asked.

“It’s a fastball up and in on a batter,” Brian supplied. “You did that?”

I nodded.

“Anyone that gave Liz a hard time found himself dusting off his pants the next time he faced Travis in a game,” Ryan said.

“Damn,” he said. “I thought calling Psych ... um, Carly the C-word was something. It’s a good thing you didn’t have a baseball handy.”

“I’m not much of a threat left-handed,” I said, shaking my head.

“You called her ... that?” Stephanie asked.

“It’s like Sean said,” Brian cut in. “She just called those two little boys a terrible name. She couldn’t have expected him to vote her Miss Congeniality!”

“I’m surprised there wasn’t a brawl,” Liz said. “That girl ... she’s troubled. She has a lot of pent-up aggression and she’s not smart enough to make good choices. I feel a little sorry for her but I can’t have her around us. Ryan, you make sure they understand that she is never coming back. She had the chance to admit her mistake and accept her punishment. I’m done with her and Sean is on a short leash. He told me that he would make sure she stayed under control.”

“I’ve told him and I’ll tell him again,” Ryan promised.

“Where is Sean?” I asked.

“Mr. Dewey wished to ride with us so his services weren’t needed,” Liz said. “Ryan assigned him to the road crew. I am in no mood to deal with him today.”

I nodded and looked out the window.

“What are the after-concert plans, Liz?” Jill asked from the backseat.

“Are you talking Thursday night or the weekend?” Liz wondered.

“Weekend,” Jill said.

“I have nothing for you,” Liz said. “I’ll need you in Phoenix with me Monday but the weekend is yours.”

“I was wondering what you had planned,” Jill said. I kept looking placidly out the window but I could see that Liz had turned to look at me. I pretended to be interested in the architecture until Liz nudged me.

“Huh?” I asked.

“This weekend?” she asked.

“What about it?” I wondered.

“I’d like to fly back to Nashville Friday,” Liz said. “I haven’t been there in a month.”

“OK,” I said. She laughed at me.

“I know it’s OK,” she said. “What are your plans?”

“I’m unemployed and loving it,” I replied. “My plans do not extend past my next meal ... which I hope comes soon. I skipped lunch because I was busy checking out the maid’s butt.”

“Dick,” Liz said, smiling at me. “Do you want to fly to Nashville with me?”

I shrugged and decided to tell her the truth.

“The idea of flying halfway across the country on Friday to fly back on Monday morning doesn’t really thrill me,” I said.

“Oh,” Liz said, the smile fading.

“Let me finish,” I said. “But since you have things you need to do there, I’m more than willing to do it if it means I get to spend time with you.”

Liz’s smile returned and she pressed up against me.

“After Phoenix I want to go back to San Diego, though,” I said.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” Liz said.

“And, well, you’re welcome to join me if you want,” I added.

“Well, duh,” Liz said. “I’ve already proven I’m willing to invite myself if you don’t.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.