Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 74

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 74 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

“Well, that was rather...”

“Anti-climactic? Boring? Astonishing?”

I picked a pillow up off the bed and threw it across the room at Serana. Though no longer a vampire, she still retained her reflexes, snatching it from the air and tossing it back at me. I caught it and put it back on the bed.

“I’ll show you astonishing.”

“You’ve already done that, my love, just looking at all the finery in this room. I think this exceeds what Father had in the castle when it was new, and I know it’s more than Elisif has in Solitude. Just how much of an ego is the Emperor of Tamriel supposed to have with his bedroom looking like this?”

“I admit that I like the brocade curtains, but ... it is a little ostentatious. It doesn’t really fit my lifestyle. But that’s not what I was talking about.”

Serana flowed over to where I was standing by the bed, taking me in her arms. “I know exactly what you were talking about, Martina. You had it built up in your mind that there was going to be a huge fight for control of the city, that the Elder Council, the Moth Priests, and even the Arcane University and Fighters Guild would contest things every step of the way. Blood would fill the sewers, there would be massive death and destruction, hundreds of lives would be lost. And instead...” She looked right into my eyes. “Instead you just walked in and were greeted, if not welcomed, as the Empress.”

“That was the last thing I was expecting. I just don’t understand exactly how it ended up happening this way is all.”

Serana started helping me remove my armor as she explained. “You were busy with the ceremony, being the center of attention for all the nobles here. Since I am simply the Empress-Consort, I was able to ask some questions and discuss the answers with Surgus, Irileth, and Erandur during your ... well, your coronation.”

Now that my armor and clothing was off, she pushed me back onto the bed itself. It was incredibly soft, giving way under me. I lay there, watching and admiring through slit eyes as she removed her own armor. “So, my Empress-Consort, what conclusions did you come up with?”

“Oh, it’s quite simple. Methredhel did a great job of spreading the word to the common folk that the Thieves Guild was supporting you. Your being a Septim restored their faith in the crown itself, something that’s been lacking for a while. As for the Elder Council? Count Renoene is brilliant. While you were marching across the bridge in full regalia with the army behind you, he’d already spread word to the nobles that Titus Mede was dead, killed by you, and a Septim was here to reclaim your throne. And had an army at her back that already supported her.”

She rubbed her belly a little now that it was bare, then climbed onto the bed next to me. “Wow, this is an incredibly soft bed, isn’t it? We’re going to have such fun here!”

I raised up a little, giving her a quick kiss. “Yes, we are. But that still doesn’t explain why they gave up their power so quickly.”

“Oh, he told them that you were the daughter of Akatosh, and according to an Elder Scroll prophecy, if they didn’t surrender and be damned quick about it, they and all their kinsmen would die by your hand. That you already had an army made up of Imperial troops may have influenced their decision a little. They’re politicians. They’ll accept you as Empress today, try to stab you in the back tomorrow.”

“Shit. I hate politics.”

“I know. That’s why I gave Surgus the rest of the Jarrin root you brought with you. There won’t be anyone left who would consider stabbing you in the back by this time tomorrow.”

I looked at her in shock. “You didn’t?”

She threw her hips over mine, straddling me. I could feel the wetness between her legs on my own belly. “Of course I did. The army has gone in strength into the sewers, to ferret out the monsters that live there, supported by Telvanni wizards in case there are vampires or other things down there. Half the members of the Elder Council were in league with the Altmer or with Titus Mede and would be plotting to overthrow you, just as Ocato kicked your mother out when he should rightfully have accepted her as Queen.”

She reached behind her with one hand, started rubbing between my legs, while starting to rock back and forth so her nubbin would rub against my skin. “Our child ... our children ... will grow up in this city, in this Empire of yours, of ours. Which would you prefer? To simply bring the traitors out and cut their heads off, or to have Surgus slip something into their food or drink while also gathering the evidence that they really were traitors and were killed by the Altmer for failing in their duties to them?”

“You know, your breasts are starting to change, just a little, from being pregnant. They look a little bigger.” I reached up and started running my fingertips around her nipples. They jumped to being fully erect at my ministrations.

“Oh, that feels good, my love.” She looked down into my eyes. “How upset are you with me?”

I continued playing with her breasts for a bit longer, then put my arms down to my sides, raising up so that she slid backwards, onto my legs. I sat up, facing her, then took her in my arms. I gave her a kiss, tender, gently swiping her lips with my tongue. I pulled back a bit, then looked in her eyes. I could see the genuine concern in them that she had overstepped her bounds.

“Serana Grize’, you are the Empress-Consort of Cyrodiil. You’re quite right, this city is going to be your primary home for ... well, a long time in human years. All you did was do something that I had overlooked in my joy at taking the city without the blood of the common soldier and citizen being shed.”

She started crying. “That’s the first time you’ve called me that. Thank you.”

“Nothing to thank, my sweets. Since you’ll be living here, you need a proper Cyrodiil name. Nords tend be descriptive in their names, so Astrid Death-Bringer and Elisif the Fair are just right for them, as I honestly doubt they’d move here. But for you, well, it was either Grize’ or Septim. I’ll add the Septim name to my own, and at least in public from now on I’ll be Martina Grize’ Septim. Presuming that you all agree, I think all of our children should inherit the Septim name.”

She blinked her tears back. “That makes sense, actually. And speaking of something making sense, or not, we’re both sitting here, in the Imperial bed, stark naked and our bodies rubbing against each other. Is there maybe something that might be just a bit more immediate than discussing dynastic names that comes to mind?”

I looked up at the curtains. “I’m guessing you’re not referring to the brocade of those curtains.” I twitched as she slipped a hand down between us and then slid a couple of fingers inside me. “No, definitely not the curtains.”

The next morning Serana and I were sitting at the table eating breakfast when Surgus entered the room. He was followed by Sapphire and Methredhel. The usual Imperial guards were a bit perturbed to see the three of them walking into the room, but when one of the guards moved to act, Lydia simply coughed and shook her head.

Surgus stopped just short of the table. I could hear in his voice that he was tired. “It’s done. The ladies have the evidence, and not a damn bit of it was faked. That was quite possibly the most corrupt group of people I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. I’m not complaining, but just this one night probably doubles the number of people I’ve had to deal with professionally in my career.”

“Do I really want to know?”

“Your Majesty, there were sixty four members of the Elder Council, along with thirty one assorted relatives of Titus Mede and other people with Aldmeri ties that were nobles here in the city. There are now eight, five members of the Elder Council who are not actually corrupt, and three cousins of Titus Mede who are clueless. The rest ... the Temple District will be very busy for a few days, and I would hope that the city no longer has the level of corruption that once existed for quite some time.”

I saw something on Sapphire’s face, almost a grin. “Sapphire, for being a thief and not an assassin, you don’t look nearly as disturbed by what happened last night as I would expect.”

“It’s pretty simple, Your Majesty. I mentioned it to Methredhel about halfway through the evening, while we were helping Surgus. She and I discussed it, since she knew your mother. It’s ... well, it’s about you. I haven’t been with you nearly as long as Lydia or Jordris, or seen nearly as much as they have of what you can do. But one thing I have seen is what you are.”

She hurriedly continued. “That’s not meant to be bad. No, you’re ... compassionate. You truly care about the people of the realm. You’re not in this for your personal wealth or gain. You have the Skeleton Key, for Nocturnal’s sake, so there’s no lock you can’t get passed. And if you were in it for power ... well, I saw what using the power you have did to you when we were trapped under Kvatch.”

She placed one of the bundles of papers on the table. “These were all bad people, by any definition of the word. You’re the Empress, your word is law. The Empress-Consort gave us a job, to uphold your law. What these people did was ... despicable is a mild description. The least offense was treason to the crown, and it only got worse from there.”

Methredhel could tell that Sapphire was getting angry. She moved forward, touched the young woman on the arm. “It’s all right, Sapphire. They can’t hurt you now, or ever again.” Methredhel looked across the table at me. “Many of the bandit groups that were operating in Skyrim weren’t there simply because they wanted to steal from people. They were being backed by members of the Elder Council, to destabilize the region and make it easier for the Aldmeri to succeed. Many ... most ... of the attacks, the killings, the ... rapes ... were done at the behest of the Elder Council. Including the group that attacked the farm where Sapphire lived.”

I sat very still, not trusting myself to move or speak for the moment. Surgus must have seen something in my face that concerned him. “Your Majesty? Martina ... you don’t have to do anything. I’m not going to say that it doesn’t bother me, but ... they’ve paid for their treachery.”

“You’re wrong, Surgus. I do still have to do something. I’ve dealt with the forces behind things, the Daedra, the Ideal Masters. You’ve dealt with those who would...” I paused for a moment, my anger very evident in my tone. “Those who would profit off the death and destruction of their own subjects and citizens. So now it’s time to deal with the rest. Those who were the intermediaries, with their own plans.” I turned towards the entrance of the room, where Lydia and Jordris were waiting with the Imperial guards.

“Jordris! You will remain here in this city with the Empress-Consort. You are her sword and her shield. Irileth will remain here as well as her advisor. Keep two companies of troops from Skyrim, one of the Legion and one of the Dragonborn’s Own, here. I want all other troops ... and that includes the Imperial Guard of this city that allowed this to happen on their watch ... ready to march south by day after tomorrow.”

One of the guards said, “Your Majesty, we are the guardians of the Imperial City, not ... common soldiers.”

My voice grew quiet. “What is your name?”

“I am Captain Parvain, of the Elder Council Guards.”

“Who am I?”

“You are Her Imperial Majesty Martina Grize’, Empress of Tamriel. But...”

“But nothing, Private Parvain of the Imperial Army. You’re wrong with my name, and you don’t even realize it. I am Martina Grize’ Septim. Yes, that’s right, I am publicly reclaiming my family name.” I stood up from my seat, pushed my chair back. The legs made a small noise that was nearly deafening in the quiet. I stalked over to where Parvain stood, looking somewhat defiant but also scared.

“I don’t believe I stuttered when I issued my orders. I have killed dragons, I have faced down Daedric Princes in their own realms, I am the Dragonborn. Do you think that I give a shit about what you consider to be some silly ass prerogative of a garret trooper when I will be leading the armies myself? That Psijic assassin just killed nearly all of your precious Elder Council because they were traitors to the Empire itself. Do you think he would have an issue with one more death?”

The smell that came from Parvain said exactly what he thought about my comment. I nodded at him. “No further discussion. You have your orders.” I pivoted and returned to my breakfast.

The rest of the day was spent with assorted matters of court that I found rather boring. Serana paid more attention than I did, since some of them had to do with the day to day operations of the city. We were just about done when Aela returned to the city. She wasn’t alone.

She looked a bit tired, but also triumphant. “Your Majesty, I ran into Farkas on his way here to report to you. Your eastern forces completely routed the Argonians. Mournhold and all of Morrowind are back in the hands of the Dunmer.”

I frowned. “That’s good news, but ... unexpected.”

Farkas said, “It was the strangest thing. There were a bunch of Argonians moving up with the Altmer wizards in their army. Right before we thought there was going to be a big battle between the forces moving south and our forces coming up behind them, the lizards just ... turned on the Altmer and killed them. Their leaders told us that there had been something prodding them along even if they didn’t want to go. They just asked to be allowed to return to Black Marsh and ... this was weird ... they asked for forgiveness because they said it wasn’t their fault.”

Aela pulled out a letter. “Not only that, but their leader wrote this, asking to be allowed to join the Empire again. General Rikke had been ready to kill them all, but ... with the sudden change in things, she figured that you must have done something or other, so she allowed it. The Dunmer were ... well, they wanted a little bit of revenge, but getting all of their land back without having to actually fight for it ... they went for it.”

“When did all this happen?”

Aela nodded. “I think Your Majesty already knows. While you were trapped under Kvatch, doing whatever it was you did down there.”

“What’s Rikke doing now, then? Did she move on her own initiative?”

Farkas said, “She was following the Argonians back to Black Marsh, to make sure they kept their word. She said something else ... oh, yeah, that she’ll leave some forces there to make sure they’re serious, and everyone else will had for Leyawiin.”

Count Renoene hurried into the room with a Khajit. “I just heard that your couriers were here, Your Majesty. This Khajit just arrived from Riverhold, said he had news for the Dragon Empress.”

“Ah, this one has much news, yes. This one is known as Ra’Jindaar and brings greetings to the Dragon Empress from the Ri-Mane’. The abominations that have bothered the warm sands of home are no more. The Ri-Mane’ has ordered Pellitine and Anequina to once again join together in Confederation, and the Ri-Mane’ asks for forgiveness of the Dragon Empress.”

I looked puzzled by what I’d just heard, and glanced at Serana. She looked confused as well. Irileth saw the looks on our faces, and said in the silence, “Ra’Jindaar, I am the Adviser to the Dragon Empress and the Empress-Consort. I would ask you to clarify if you would. Elsweyr withdrew from the Empire, split into two kingdoms under the rule of the Thalmor. Are you saying that the Thalmor are no longer in control, and the warm sands wish to rejoin the Empire?”

The whiskers on the Khajit twitched a little. “Ah, perhaps this one was just the slightest bit unclear. The Ri-Mane’ now rules all of Elsweyr as he should. The Thalmor are no longer an issue. This one particularly enjoyed the cries and lamentations when their magics failed them suddenly, and this one’s people were no longer toys of theirs. The Ri-Mane’ had heard of the feats of the Dragon Empress, and sent this one to again pledge the fealty of the People. It is better for business, after all, if one is at peace with ones neighbors, is it not?”

I spoke up then. “Ra’Jindaar, do you happen to be related to the Ri-Mane’? Perhaps there are many businesses that you’ve been running?”

“Ah, perhaps this one might be a cousin of the Ri-Mane’, and the Dragon Empress is wise indeed to note that this one has many ... contacts.”

“Then allow me to formally ask this, for I suspect that I know exactly when things in Elsweyr came to a head such that you were able to eliminate the Thalmor. Is Elsweyr prepared to rejoin the Empire, my Empire, under the local rule of the Ri-Mane’, but also subject to my rule as the Septim Empress of Tamriel?”

Ra’Jindaar hissed slightly. “Ah, this one was asked to see if perhaps the warm sands could remain solely under the rule of the Ri-Mane’.”

“No.”

The silence that followed my flat refusal stretched on what must have seemed an eternity, but was in reality only a brief time. I could see some consternation on Irileth’s face, but she kept her peace.

Finally Ra’Jindaar hissed again. “This one would not like to enter into any business dealings with the Dragon Empress without making sure that no doors will close upon this ones tail. However, the Ri-Mane’ did mention that such a proposal might end up being made, and that with a Septim on the throne, it would be acceptable.”

“Then let it be so. The province of Elsweyr is hereby accepted back into the fold as a part of Empire, with the provincial governor answerable to the throne. The Ri-Mane’ shall be the provincial governor. Irileth, if you would be so kind as to take Ra’Jindaar and write the details down, thank you.”

Ra’Jindaar bowed to me. Irileth now had a thin smile on her face as she realized what I had done. They left, leaving me to give more orders.

“Farkas, I have a mission for you. Go to Leyawiin. Tell Rikke that she is to load all of her troops, as quickly as she can, onto whatever ships she can, and set sail for Alinor. Surgus, go to Artaeum and tell the Loremaster that it’s time for the island to reappear. And it’s also time for the Psijic Order to take direct action, in support of my armies. He won’t like it, but he’ll get over it.”

Surgus snorted. “So much for being advisers to the throne.”

“Oh, he can advise all he wants. But since I want a peaceful Empire, then he can quit playing with Domino Pigs and actually do something that’s not mysterious and behind the scenes.”

He looked at me again. “Gods, this is just too much fun. Thank you, Your Majesty.” He bowed deeply, then vanished from sight.

“All right. The army will head for Anvil day after tomorrow. Aela, please head there now, and tell the troops there to gather whatever ships they can. Once we get there, we’ll load up and head for Alinor as well. It’s time this shit ended, so hopefully we can live in peace for a while.”

Quite some time later...

The young man, with the brown hair of his mother, barely fourteen years old, wearing light leather armor, stood at the foot of High Hrothgar. “I know we’ve been told about this many times, but ... it’s much more impressive when we’re standing at the bottom and looking up and we have to climb it. I don’t suppose that Aunt Mirabelle put a portal at the top, did she?”

A young girl, two weeks older than her brother, with flaxen hair and wearing similar armor, smacked him on the back of the head. “Of course she did. But if you’d paid attention to your lessons, you’d know that the whole point of coming here is to climb the Seven Thousand steps at least once and contemplate at the wayshrines while we’re on the way up.”

A second young girl, a few weeks younger than the others, with light brown hair, and wearing a set of chain mail, said, “Are you two about done arguing, or can we get going so that we can finally start our lessons?” A second young man, looking very much like the girl he was standing near and wearing nearly identical chain mail, simply nodded at her speech.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.