Legacy of a Legend
Chapter 73

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 73 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

“All in all, I think we’ve done rather well so far. What do you think?”

“Your Majesty, when you said that we’d all be here, ready to take the Imperial City, quite frankly I thought that was wishful thinking. Splitting my army and sending forces south to Bravil was, I thought, a risk. I figured that Bruma would fall with little or no bloodshed. Chorrol, though, I expected much worse. So I owe both you and Count Renoene an apology.”

“Apology accepted, General Kottir. I just wish I’d been on the walls of Kvatch itself to see your face when you came marching in expecting battle and found our own forces already on the walls.”

“That Lieutenant Caeronicus is going to make a fine officer. I think he’d still be digging up that rubble if your ... courier ... hadn’t told us where you were.”

“Let’s be honest with what I am, General. I’m a werewolf. But I’m not a monster. The blood doesn’t control me.”

“No, Aela, none of you are monsters. You’re Companions, and now also you’re part of my own companions as well. I will admit, though, that I was a bit shocked at the speed at which you found us when we finally got to the surface.”

“The wind was right, and I already knew your scent. When it hit my nose, I was able to tell the soldiers that you were alive. Then it was simply a matter of getting to you.”

“Either way, that’s worthy of bonus pay for you, as well as my thanks. So, back to the business at hand. Count Renoene, what’s the status inside the Imperial City?”

“Confused at best. They’ve grown accustomed to my forces being deployed here, marching around and performing maneuvers. But having another army show up and join us? And with your banners flying high? Honestly, I bet the sewers are overflowing from the garrison troops shitting so much at what they see out here.”

“So, we’re ready to go tomorrow?”

He snorted. “We’re ready to go right now if you want. We control both ends of the bridge already and...” He chuckled a bit. “I may have been a bit ... dramatic with my description of the sewers overflowing. But we also have forces at each of exits where the sewers dump into the bay.”

“How did you pull that off?”

“I took a page from the history of your mother. I told the city guards that we were also running training where there was an escape from the prison, and since there obviously had been such a famous escape once in history, we had to plan for that as well.”

Kottir wrinkled his brow in puzzlement. “And they bought it? Is whoever is in charge of security a complete idiot?”

“No. Just simply a case of we’re all Imperial troops, so why would he question my orders? An invading army would look more like yours ... although since you’re flying the Imperial banner, the Dragonborn banner, the banners from all the holds of Skyrim, as well as the banners from the Redoran Guard ... right about now I suspect that Captain Phillintis is totally and utterly confused. He knows my forces are loyal Imperial troops. And your forces just moved in and set up camp with mine.”

I frowned. “Surely he’s received some reports that there was an invading army from Skyrim entering Cyrodiil, taking over the cities here. Even if we’re not invaders, but are liberators.”

“Never underestimate the power of stupidity, especially people who see what they want to see. Isn’t that what you did in Kvatch, Your Majesty?”

“Not exactly. We just presented the Thalmor with ... damn. You’re right! They have no clue what’s going to happen to them, do they?”

Kottir rubbed his chin. “In that case, I think tomorrow is definitely the way to go. And this will hold down casualties on both sides. I’ve no doubt that there will be some, but if we can maintain the deception...”

I said, “Of course. You had told them your forces were here for practice. Tell the guards that now that we’re here, you’ll move all your forces inside the walls, take over all of the entrances, so you can set up to repel the invaders. Then when the Nords and Dunmer move to attack...”

“We turn around and join them. With the overwhelming forces we’ll have already inside all of the defenses...” His eyes gleamed. “Oh, this is going to be one for the ages.”

“I’ll send the Redoran Guard to the south. That way their Telvanni wizards can be ready in case the Arcane University decides to involve itself.” Kottir said.

“Good idea. Gentlemen, I’ll leave you to finish figuring out the details. Aela, if you’ll come with me, I need to discuss some things for afterwards with my companions.” I led her away from the planning tent.

Once we were out of earshot, she said, “What is it that you really need, Your Majesty?”

“Everything in Cyrodiil is going well. But I haven’t heard any further reports from the forces that went east into Black Marsh. We’ve been down here now for two weeks. The last thing I heard was the forces split like planned. Then nothing. I need you to find out what is going on. I don’t like this quiet.”

“I understand. I’ll get a bit more food and head out. Oh, and ... I know you’ve scrubbed yourself nearly raw since I found you by that hidden door at the Wayshrine of Talos. But when you have time, you need to replace all the leather on your armor. The stink of that blood won’t come out.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I clapped her on the shoulder in acknowledgment. Aela turned and started running for our supply wagons.

Lydia caught up with me as I approached our own campsite. “So, the soldiers are going to do their dance tomorrow?” I nodded. “So, who’s going with you tonight? We’ve been taking turns resting so that all of us will be ready.”

“What makes you think I’m going anywhere? Oh, never mind. Gods, you know me too well, my dear. I have two places I need to go. The first will be Fasendil, you and your warriors, Surgus and Sapphire. Half the squad of our troops as well. Irileth and Erandur will remain here with Serana. Once that’s done, you will secure that property while Surgus and Sapphire accompany me somewhere else.”

“I’m going to say ... Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild stuff?”

“Mother was the Gray Fox. Technically she still is. I don’t want to irritate her. So yes, Thieves Guild stuff.”

Lydia paled. “No, I could see that you wouldn’t want to do that. Very well, give us a few moments and we’ll be ready to go.”

I took that time to duck into my tent. Serana was sitting at the table, writing in a diary. She looked up at me. “I was just journaling to record for posterity, and hopefully for our children to read someday, how their mother saved the world.” She laughed. “Well, you know what I mean. Can’t really call you their father, since the important equipment is detachable, after all.”

“You’re feeling better, aren’t you?”

“Resigned to it is more like it, Martina. I’ve figured out your plans for me. It’s a nice city, just damned far from home. I’ll want one of those portals like Mirabelle came up with, so I can visit Riften and Solitude.”

I frowned. “Serana ... I love you. You make it sound like I’m doing something evil.”

She sighed. “I know. But going from being a Princess, even a vampire one, to being the effective monarch of Cyrodiil, is a bit of a jump. I still remember just sitting on a bench on the castle walls, seeing Solitude off in the distance, and wondering what it would be like to live in such a large city. Now I’ll be living in the biggest city in your Empire. I just hope that Elisif won’t get into a snit because she’ll still be in Solitude.”

“It’s our Empire. And Astrid is the assassin. You’re not worried about her?”

She shook her head. “She’s happier than she ever thought she could be. Divines, we all are. Look at us. We’re married to you! It’s just ... I remember you said one time that you just wished we could all get away, live together, and not have to shoulder all of the responsibilities of our offices. You think you’re the only one who’s thought that?”

I took her in my arms, kissed her. “We still have to finish this, you know.”

“Once you were back from your funk, you led us through an undiscovered Ayleid ruin filled with undead and traps. And did it in less than two days, when by all rights we should have probably all died down there, our souls sacrificed to the Ideal Masters. That we didn’t is all due to you. Seriously, love...” She stopped for a moment, rubbing her belly. “Oh, my. Do me one favor.”

“Sure, what?”

“Don’t take me to visit your mother while I’m still pregnant.”

It felt so good to laugh like I did then. Life was joyous and worth living.

Lydia had everyone going gathered together. “Lieutenant Caeronicus will stay here, he’s sending Sergeant Hirar with her squad as our escort.”

Fasendil looked upset. “Your ... Martina, sorry. Do I have to do this again?”

“We ran into a General Umbacano in Skyrim when we met Councilor Herecinde. He was related to an Altmer who lived here that collected Ayleid artifacts. If there are any of those artifacts here, we need to find them and secure them before they’re used against our forces tomorrow.”

“Damn, I hate it when you make sense. Well, that’s one reason we all rested, Delphine said that you’d probably have us doing something heroic or idiotic, probably both at the same time, on this trip. I didn’t think we’d be doing it all the time, though.”

Lydia clapped him on the back. “Look at the bright side. It’s always ... challenging.” She glared at me, almost daring me to say that one word she’d grown to hate.

I laughed all the way across the bridge and halfway up the hill to the city gate.

The guard at the city gate didn’t even question us. He saw that we had Imperial troops with us and just waved us on in. I stopped, even so. “I know that our destination is here in this district, but ... which one is Umbacano Manor?”

“It’s on the north-east side of the central plaza, citizen. And ... if I may be so bold, how long do you think those war games are going to last? We’re starting to get questions that I don’t know how to answer.”

“Oh, I expect most things to wrap up here within a few days.” He nodded in thanks.

Walking down the street, Fasendil looked around in remembrance. “It’s been decades since I’ve been here. Not much has changed, though. This isn’t the part of town I grew up in. I’ve been here before, of course, just...” He paused for a moment. “No Daedra to attack now. Now we can have the Empire that Martin wanted. This moment, this has made my life, my career worth it, worth the sacrifice that soldier made for me so long ago. Thank you.”

“You’re not planning on doing anything stupid now, are you? That sounds suspiciously like you’re talking about a bad prophecy.”

He started. “Oh, I suppose it does. No, it’s just the ramblings of an old soldier. I think when this is done, I’m retiring. As Irileth so eloquently pointed out, sometimes you can see too much, have too much happen. I think a little shop, like my mother and father had, is in my future.”

“I suspect you’ll be successful, since you’ll have the favor of the Empress.” I smiled at him, glad that at least all the Altmer weren’t alike.

We were at the door to the manor, so that stopped our conversation. I looked around to make sure that we were all in position, then knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door to the manor opened. An Orsimer dressed in stewards clothing stood before us.

“Well, what is it that you ... oh. Councilor, I’m sorry, my master didn’t tell me to expect such important visitors today. He is downstairs, working. I’ll go get him.”

“Simply lead us to him.” Fasendil stepped in like he owned the building. We followed him in.

“This is highly irregular, Councilor. I must protest the intrusion into my masters home.”

Fasendil held his hand out. “Here is the Imperial Army. Perhaps you could register your complaint with them? After you have taken us to see your master.”

The orc saw that some of the soldiers had followed us in as well, and appeared to under our orders. “Ah, yes. Afterwards will be fine, indeed.”

The soldiers remained upstairs while the rest of us followed the Orc to the basement. He opened first one doorway, then another. I actually sensed what was ahead before he opened the third one. When he did so, the sole occupant of the room beyond erupted in fury.

“What is the meaning of this? I left you strict orders that I was not to be disturbed!”

“A thousand pardons, Master, but this Councilor left me no choice.”

The Altmer inside paused his tirade. “A member of the Aldmeri Council, here? Come in. Perhaps you can assist me.”

Fasendil led our group the rest of the way in and I got a look at the Altmer waiting inside. He looked familiar to me, like I’d met him before. But my eyes were drawn to what I’d sensed before entering the room. A circular hole was in the floor, with the glow of magic coming from it.

“You built an entrance to the Soul Cairn ... inside your basement.” I had disbelief in my voice. “How did you manage that?”

“It’s quite simple, really. The stones showed me the way, once they recognized me as their ruler. But who are you? You came in with the Councilor, so you must know what is going on. I don’t know everyone involved in our project.”

“My name is Martina. Your project ... I met someone named Umbacano in Skyrim. Is he related to you?”

“Ah, my son!” His voice had a bit of pride in it. “He’s done well with his part in our work, then? I knew he’d had some success in changing lesser mer into Altmer. Did he send a letter home to me with you?”

“Uh ... no. The Councilor was visiting Skyrim on something unrelated when we met your son briefly. His project there intrigued the Councilor, so we came to Cyrodiil to see first hand what was going on. Is this the only work going in Cyrodiil?”

He laughed. “Oh, no. I’m actually surprised that we haven’t seen the results of our other project at Kvatch by now. I was just considering a visit to the Soul Cairn to see if there was something wrong. But...” His brow furrowed, his left hand reaching up to touch his forehead. “I can sense ... you’ve traveled there before. But there’s only one other entrance, one that’s not ... easily accessible. My understanding is that it’s within a castle full of vampires.”

“Lord Harkon of Volkihar Castle, quite correct. Or more appropriately, Lady Valerica, his wife, is who created that entrance.”

Umbacano looked puzzled still yet. “That you were able to access the portal to the Soul Cairn is one thing. I can tell that you did visit the Soul Cairn and that you retain that capability. That still doesn’t explain how you did it. Or why. And as the King of the Ayleid, I wish to know.” He pulled a crown out and put it on. “I am the King of Nenalata, last city of the Ayleid. I command you to answer me.” He seemed to be casting a spell towards me.

I didn’t actually feel anything, but I decided to play along, to gather as much information as I could before ending this farce. “Oh, King, it is quite simple. The Volkihar were made into children of Coldharbour by Lord Molag Bal himself. Acting as the agent of a Daedric Lord, I visited their castle, to learn the secrets of the Ideal Masters.”

“Did you learn them? Their secrets?” I shook my head no.

He began pacing back and forth. “Ah, the Ideal Masters of the Soul Cairn. Quite useful for my plans, actually. We’ve been working together at this for years, ever since I finally found this crown almost three decades ago. Fortunate that I did. Some adventurer went looking for Ayleid artifacts for me, found some, but then stopped bringing them to me before she’d found them all. I suppose she was killed. In any event, the power in those artifacts was enough to prolong my life so I could find the rest of them, then finally the Crown of Nenalata.”

He giggled, sounding slightly insane as he did so. “I bet, Councilor, that your precious Council never knew they were working for me with their actions against Talos. Useful idiots. Cyrodiil was the land of the Ayleid. With the power I’ve gained from the Ideal Masters, it will become that way again. They will strike down every Nord, every Breton, every Redguard, every Imperial ... even the Khajit and Argonians in Cyrodiil will fall to my will, to the will of the Ideal Masters. Their souls will give their power to the Ideal Masters and in return ... only the mer shall survive and the Altmer will return to their Ayleid roots, once again to rule all Tamriel as is our right.”

His eyes gleamed as he shouted his last words again. “As is our RIGHT!”

“So, King Umbacano, you’re saying that the Aldmeri Dominion didn’t start the war?” Fasendil finally said something.

“Oh, for Auriel’s sake, no. Your Council is nothing more than a tool for me to use for my own purposes. Our elimination of Talos shows that he was no god in the first place, certainly not worthy of any worship or adulation.” He looked around a bit, now puzzled by something. “Oh, for ... enough of this. I must go into the Soul Cairn, to await the final moment when they transfer the power to me that I must have. You’re all welcome to wait here, although most of you won’t survive long.”

“No, I don’t think so.” My voice was reasoned and steady.

“You wish to join me in the Cairn? I suppose that you might survive, it seems you’ve done so before. But really, there’s no stopping your fate. I truly apologize, I can see in his face that the Councilor cares for you as his pet. But if Talos could not stop me, well, there’s no way to avoid things.” He started walking towards the entrance down.

“But Talos has, you know. Stopped you, that is.”

He slowed his pace. “That’s rubbish. His worship is banned in Tamriel by decree of our puppet Emperor. Surely by now that pathetic rebellion in Skyrim has shown that Talos no longer supports his followers ... not by the way we’ve been able to manipulate both sides.”

“Titus Mede is dead. The rebellion in Skyrim has ended, with the worship of Talos now legal and recognized in all the Empire. A woman of the Septim blood now resides upon the Imperial Throne, a descendant of Tiber Septim himself.”

“Impossible! The last Septim died two hundred years ago! I am the King of Nenalata, the King of the Ayleid! I grow weary of this banter, and will consider taking your life myself if you continue with your fantasies!”

“This banter, as you call it, was not for your entertainment, but for my education. The Ideal Masters have been destroyed. Your servant at the College of Winterhold is dead. Your son and the real Councilor Herecinde are dead. But I do thank you. Your words tell me that when I have finished dealing with you that I may not have to eradicate every Altmer from the face of Nirn for there to be peace within my Empire.”

“Your Empire? I am the King of Nenalata!”

“And I am the Dragonborn, the High Queen of Skyrim, and as the daughter of Martin Septim, I am the rightful Empress of Tamriel.”

I was fully prepared to defend against him or to attack him. I wasn’t expecting what he did, which was dive into the Soul Cairn.

“Shit! Stop, everyone!” My companions had all surged forward, ready to follow him. “Even with the Ideal Masters dead, none of you can follow him. I’m the only one whose body is attuned to the Soul Cairn.” I started towards the opening.

The Orc servant moved to block me. Jordris hit him on the head with the flat of her blade, knocking him to the floor. “Stay down or you’ll die!”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.