Legacy of a Legend
Chapter 68

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 68 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

The road leading south from Bruma was packed with soldiers. By now, there were civilians fleeing ahead of them, so the army would no longer have an uncontested march deep through Cyrodiil. But that army was being led by two competent leaders, so while I knew they would have losses, I had no fear that they would see defeat.

In the meantime, four companies of troops, five hundred men and women total, were making their way west, away from the main body. Depending upon the resistance we met, the road we followed should see us outside Chorrol by nightfall. Our column stretched longer than it would have in Skyrim as the roads here were narrower.

One company led the way, with several scouts even ahead of them. My group came next, then the rest of the force, with the supply wagons following. Irileth was riding next to me. “So, Your Majesty, do you think we’ll run into those Imperial soldiers you’re looking for in Chorrol, or outside the city?”

“Between the half dozen forts where they’re supposed to be stationed, I doubt we’ll run into very many of them at once. The biggest question is whether or not they’re going to be as reasonable as the population of Bruma was.”

She snorted. “Bruma may as well be a city in Skyrim. If it weren’t for the mountain pass, it’d easily be part of Falkreath Hold. Of course, since Falkreath itself used to be part of Cyrodiil, that’s only fair.”

“Oh, really? That’s a part of the history I didn’t know.”

She smiled. “You learn things when you’re campaigning. Lots of time there’s not much to do in camp, especially when the weather doesn’t cooperate. So you sit and talk with each other. We had a scholar in our unit, he was determined that we learn some history. Didn’t want the troops to just be dumb brutes, after all. He was a Breton. As far as I now, he made it home after the war.”

“After the war ... that’s something to look forward to, I think.”

“Maybe. I may even have to talk to Bal when this is all said and done. I know you’re not available anymore, so it won’t do me any good to wish otherwise. Oh, don’t look so shocked. You know we all hold a deep affection, and for some of us, a real love for you. But with your heart fixed ... and don’t take me wrong, those three are worth it ... well, I may go see if there’s some member of the Redoran Guard worth looking after.”

“There probably ... what’s that commotion from up front?”

I kneed my horse in the ribs and started off the road, so I could get closer. It took me a few moments to get closer. There were a small group of dead bandits beside the road, and one cursing soldier, having an arrow removed from his arm. “What happened?”

The captain of the company said, “There’s a small cave here. One of the scouts had gone inside to make sure there were no surprises. He found bandits. They saw him and were chasing him out just as we approached. Our first two ranks have swords ready, the next four have bows. Tolgar here got hit by one of our archers.”

“Aye, it’s my own fault. Let me get a potion down and wrap this up, and I’ll get back out there again.”

I pulled out my map, looking at things. “This is a small woods we’ll be going through. Then there should be a lake just off the road to the north. That’ll be where you make camp this evening.”

“Yes, ma’am!” The Captain turned back to her troops. “Okay, rest break is over. Let’s get this army marching again.”

Irileth had caught up to me. We moved off the road so the troops could pass, then joined our group again when it caught up to where we were. “I noticed you said that’s where the troops could camp this evening, not where we would be.”

“Of course. We’re just innocent travelers, fleeing ahead of some invading army. We’ll continue on for at least another hour, maybe two. There’s ... well, you may not know this, but the Weynon Priory is, or was, just outside Chorrol. The reason I came here to Cyrodiil in the first place was to learn as much of my father and mother as I could. That was one of the places she stayed.”

Her brow furrowed. “Then how is it that you ended up in Skyrim?”

I gave a mirthless laugh. “Unfortunately, a life growing up in the Shivering Isles where everyone in the entire realm knows who your mother is tends to mean you’re a bit more trusting when someone offers you a drink. You know that no one would even dream of doing anything really bad to you. Oh, the practical joke is all well and good, but doing serious harm?” I snorted. “Not likely.”

“Gods, you were like a new babe here, weren’t you?”

“Socially? Completely. I knew about bandits, of course. I ran into a couple of them on the road from Bravil. But yes, I was ... trusting. I think that’s why Ulfric was able to slip me whatever drug he used, why his Daedric master was able to block my skills.” I looked at her with compassion in my eyes. “I think that’s why I ... acted like I did, with Lydia, Adrianne, and ... with you.”

“Are you seriously apologizing for seducing me? Because it’s not necessary. Don’t take this the wrong way, Your Majesty, but you are an incredibly beautiful woman and if you weren’t already taken, I’d be more than happy to join you in bed again, or for more than that, afterwards. But I also know your heart has been taken by others, so...”

Lydia heard part of our conversation. “Seriously, Martina? None of us feel abused or that you took advantage of us in any way. And...” She glanced around, to make sure we were relatively private. “Just because we’ve made love to each other, that was in the past. It was incredible sex, and we all felt loved by you. We all also know your love for us didn’t just vanish. But that’s also why Serana is along. We all do still love you, but ... not that way, if you know what I mean. The past is just that ... the past.”

We rode along a few more feet, then she resumed. “Actually, I think ... well, I think that you opened something up within us.” I snorted. “Well, you certainly opened us up, but that’s not what I’m talking about. No, I think ... perhaps you gave us another gift, one you didn’t intend or maybe even know about. Think about it. In any other world that doesn’t include you, there would be no way I would have ever come across Mirabelle. Our worlds are just too far apart.”

“I’m certain you’ve come across her. And on her, too. But ... sorry, I couldn’t resist the little tease. I’m just glad you’re happy with her. You deserve happiness in life.” Lydia’s face beamed with delight at my last comment. “That doesn’t explain something, though. How is it she ended up in Whiterun just before we left?”

“Ah, yes. Actually, she ended up in the basement of the Luxury Suite, and walked from there to Whiterun. That ... present ... from Urag? It’s apparently related to a being in the basement of the College. They’ve figured how to transport people from one place to another, without actually draining the magic of the person being transported, when it’s the College and the Suite, anyway. If you were to use that spell and transport back to the Suite from here in Cyrodiil, it’d still drain your magic. Mirabelle said that it has to do with the balance of power available, or something like that. She’s the mage, not I.”

My group passed the place where the soldiers were moving off the road for the night. I nodded at the Captain while we kept going. She knew the plan for tomorrow. Two companies to the northern gate, two to the southern. Shortly after we left them, the road turned southwards and we changed our formation a little, putting Lydia and Jordris to the fore in case of trouble.

A short while later, just before the road forked and with the city walls visible through the trees, my caution was justified. Two wolves came out of the woods, trying to get a meal of horseflesh. They were quickly dispatched, but two more came from the rear. Aela and Surgus took care of them.

“I’m not used to seeing wolves this close to a city. That seems odd.”

“I know your guards at Whiterun did a decent job of patrolling around the outside the town, but it wasn’t that far out that I’ve run into trouble. But yes, considering we’re nearly touching the walls, you’re right. Something seems amiss here.”

“Do you want to still proceed to Weynon Priory, Your Majesty?”

“Yes, we’ll do that, Irileth. And ... everyone, just a moment, please.” I raised my voice a little. “We’re in a small group. Those of you who’ve been with me know my feelings, but some of you don’t. In a close situation, titles are useless. My name is Martina. Use it when you’re addressing me. That way there’s also nothing given away, in case ... well, just in case. Everyone understand?”

Those new to traveling with me looked a bit shocked at the informality. Lydia reined her horse around. “Listen up. Do what Martina says. We know she’s the best warrior among us all. Follow her lead if combat develops. Formality will just get you injured or killed.” She turned back around, and then continued down the south fork.

The wall of the city remained on our right. The stable ahead, and seeing someone there, finally made me realize what it was about the city that bothered me. “There’s no guard patrol on the walls.”

Irileth looked shocked. “Of course. That’s ... unheard of. What’s going on here?”

There was a small stable to our left, a corral to the right filled with sheep, and the road itself proceeded under a building ahead. The sound of our horses hooves on the road finally alerted the Dunmer boy pitching hay in the stable. He came running out to us. “Welcome to Chorrol and the Old Priory Inn. Are you looking for rooms? We take guests here if you are. We don’t see many Nords here, though.”

“Perhaps we are, lad. You called this the Old Priory Inn? Where did the name come from?”

“Oh, back before the Altmer changed things, this used to be a chapel of some kind, with monks living here. Afterwards, my grandfather came in, cleaned the place up, and made it into an Inn. We’ve rooms here in the main house, a tavern in the lodge, and ... well, the old church still stands, but no one goes in there. My father and mother run things now that grandfather has gotten older.”

“I see your stable is empty right now. Do you have any guests?”

“No, just the usual townsfolk coming out for a drink. There were plenty of soldiers came through a few months ago, heading north. Since then, we’ve just had a few people, but you’re the first ones coming south. Would you like me to care for your horses?”

“Yes, I think we would. This is not a sign that we don’t trust you, but these two will stay with our wagon. We’re ... guards, for the merchant riding the wagon.”

“You’re unusual looking mercenaries, that’s for sure. I’ve never seen armor like that. But if you pay me, I’ll not have a problem how many people you leave out here.”

I smiled at his audacity. “Done.” With that we dismounted and headed towards the main building.

The stable boy yelled out, “Go into the tavern. We keep the main house locked until we have guests, so no one will be in there.”

I looked around as we followed the road under the main house. It looked nearly like mother had described it to me. A little older, needing a bit of upkeep, but otherwise the place she had fought the Mythic Dawn centuries before. Coming back into the light, the Priory off to our left looked abandoned. The walls still stood, but the windows on the main Chantry hall were were broken, the entryway boarded up.

The doorway to the tavern on our right opened and two men came staggering out. They didn’t seem to notice us, just wandered away down the road to the south. I opened the door and was pleasantly surprised. Seeing the condition of the drunks leaving, I thought this would be a disaster inside. Instead, it was a large, open room, with several tables in the middle and a small bar to one side. The floor was clean stone, as were the walls.

There were a Dunmer man and woman standing behind the bar quietly talking. Off in one corner, a very old Dunmer man, obviously the grandfather, sat nodding in his chair. The couple looked up with a bit of surprise when we all came in. “Ah, your pardon, but we’re not used to so many people all at once. Welcome to the Old Priory Tavern and Inn. Are you hungry or thirsty from the road?”

Lydia spoke up. “Yes, we could use a meal and some mead. Your son is caring for our horses. We may want rooms as well, he said you rent those.”

“Yes, we do.” He noticed Irileth and Erandur. “Oh, it’s not often we see someone from the homeland here that we don’t already know. You’ll forgive my curiosity, but what brings you this way?”

I took my helm off, set it on a table. “We’re escorting a merchant. With the end of war in Skyrim, trade opportunities are opening up.”

“Ah, the war up there is over now? That explains much, then. We’re a provincial little town here, and ... well, honestly, we’re not welcome inside the city, so we don’t get much news out here. But my father taught me how to brew different ales, so we get a few customers every day coming for a drink, or for our rather famous mutton.”

“Is that what you serve for meals, then?”

“Yes. We’ve a flock here, just like my father had when he was ... well, anyway, he also taught me about caring for sheep as well.”

While he and I had been talking, his wife had gone out a back door, coming back a few moments later with pitchers of ale and glasses instead of the flagons I had grown used to in Skyrim. She started putting them on the tables where we sat. “Food for everyone as well?”, she asked.

“Yes, please. You started to say something about when your father was ... What was it?”

The Dunmer made a face. “I’d rather not say, if that’s all the same to you. You’re paying guests ... or better be ... and that’s ancient history.”

“Is his name Eronor?” I quietly asked.

The pitcher of ale he had picked up to fill some glasses slipped from his fingers and fell to the floor, breaking with a clatter. His wife heard the noise and came running in. “Oh, dear, I’m sorry about his...” He raised a hand to cut her off.

“How do you know that name?” I could hear the fear in his voice.

From the corner, the old man stirred at hearing the pitcher break. “What’s that noise, girl? Can’t you be more ... oh, thank Talos, it’s you! You’ve come home!”

“Now, father, you know we’ve told you that the Altmer don’t allow Talos worship here anymore. Forgive him, he’s old and forgetful now.”

The old man worked his way to his feet. “I’m not that forgetful. That face, it’s been a long time. A long time. But I could never forget the face of Martin’s wife. Our beloved new Queen.” The old man tried to walk towards me, but his legs wouldn’t let him. I rushed over to him, to hold him up.

The barkeep stood, stunned. “No, that was ... are you...”

“Please, Eronor, I thank you, but ... that was my mother, Chantal.”

“Yes, that’s right, that’s your name. Ran into those Oblivion gates to stop the Daedra, saved the Priory when the Mythic Dawn attacked...” He continued muttering under his breath as I helped him sit back down, and he was quickly lost again in his memories.

“Your mother?” I heard quietly from behind me.

Eronor nodded back off to sleep again. I turned to the bartender. “He’s a good man. I’m sorry to see him in this shape. And yes, my mother.”

The bartender said, “But ... we had heard ... oh, gods, that would mean...”

I smiled wryly. “Several things. First, that the White-Gold Concordat is null and void. That Talos worship is now perfectly legal. And yes, that I am the Septim Empress.”

The couple both dropped to their knees immediately. “Forgive us, Your Majesty. I am Rolndar, this is my wife, Dannathin. It’s just ... the last few years...”

“Get up, both of you. It’s obvious you know the truth about the Weynon Priory, since you still live here with your father. Erandur, Frea! See if there is anything you can do to help Eronor. In the meantime, tell me about the city of Chorrol as it sits now. And we do still need food and drink.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.