Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 46

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 46 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

The smoke inside made it difficult to breathe. The flickering on the walls of the flames of the burning oil made for a macabre scene inside. A dead soldier lay at the bottom of the stairs. I heard voices coming from where Astrid usually waited for me. Two soldiers were talking about the traitor in the Dark Brotherhood helping them. I killed them both. Another dead soldier was already in that room. Rumbling and random explosions came from various rooms as the flammable barrels exploded.

I started down the stairs. Through the flames, I could see Arnbjorn in his werewolf form fighting against half a dozen soldiers. I started helping him by killing them from behind. I took them all out. He saw me and grinned his thanks to me, then suddenly his face took on a look of shock as he was hit from behind by an arrow, right in the back of the head. His body fell forward into the flames, his fur igniting instantly. I killed that soldier as well.

Moving forward, I found Gabriella, almost dead, with a soldier’s body at her feet. I quickly cast a healing spell on her. “Come on, girl, let’s get you out of here.” I got her to her feet and led her to the entrance, giving her another healing potion. “Hide outside and wait for me.” She nodded, too drained from nearly dying to say anything else.

I continued back through the flames and found Nazir still alive, fighting against another soldier. I quickly killed his opponent with another arrow. Coughing due to the smoke, Nazir came up to me.

“You’re alive! I was beginning to wonder.”

“The whole Emperor assassination ... it was a trap. Someone set us up.”

“I kind of figured that, since most of us are now dead. I actually wondered if it was you that did it, but you saving my sorry ass there sort of erased my doubts. So thanks.”

“We need to get out of here. Where are Astrid, Babette, and Veezara?”

“Veezara is dead. Babette was out on a mission. I’m not sure where Astrid is. What about Gabriella?”

“I got her out, hopefully she’ll be okay until we can get to her. Festus is dead as well.”

“Damn!” Nazir cursed. “Come on, let’s go before we’re cooked.”

As I followed Nazir, I helped him kill another soldier, then heard a voice in my head. “Listener, come here. I am your only hope.” The Dark Mother called to me. “Come to my coffin. It will protect you.” A nearby barrel blew up, pushing me to the side. I lost sight of Nazir in the smoke and flames and ran for the coffin. I shut the door to the coffin just as a large explosion rocked everything, and I heard no more.

I woke after I don’t know how much time had passed. I could hear two voices through the coffin. “Come on, get her out of there.” It was Babette.

“Hey, I’m not as young as I was, and I don’t see you moving this stuff off.” Nazir had also managed to survive.

I felt the coffin shaking as debris was taken off it. The Night Mother said to me, “You must find Astrid. She will tell you what to do.” Then the coffin was opened. I could see a worried Nazir and Babette looking at me as I stumbled out. The smell of ash and burnt flesh was strong, but at least the fires were out. I must’ve been in there a while.

Nazir put his arms up to help me. “Whoa, take it easy. Slow down. You’ve been through a lot. Maybe you should sit down and rest a bit...”

“I’ll be fine. The Night Mother has another task for me, for us. Let’s go.”

“Oh.” He looked surprised. “Well in that case, lead on. We’re right behind you.”

I knew where to go. I ran up the stairs, noticing that the fires were now out. Once we were through her bedroom, we could see an open secret door in back wall. Laying on the floor, spread out, badly burned, lay Astrid. Somehow she found the will to speak. “You’re ... you’re alive. Thank Sithis!”

“Astrid...”

She was coughing and obviously in pain. “Shh ... Please. There is much ... I have to say. And ... not much time ... I’m sorry. So very sorry. The Penitus Oculatus ... Maro ... He said that by giving you to them, he would leave the Dark Brotherhood alone. Forever. By Sithis, I was such a fool. All of this ... it’s all my fault. You were the best of us, and I nearly killed you ... as I’ve killed everyone else.”

“Not everyone. The Brotherhood will survive. You will survive and lead it.” I could feel the tears leaking from my eyes.

“Don’t you see? It was me. I set you up. I wanted you dead. I betrayed you, the Night Mother ... everything I hold dear. And now Maro has betrayed me. I just wanted things ... to stay the way they were. Before Cicero, before the Night Mother, before ... you. I thought I could save us. I was wrong. But you’re alive! So there’s still a chance. A chance to start over, rebuild. That’s why I did ... this.”

I looked around her. The candles, the book, the flower. I understood then. “Don’t you see? I prayed to the Night Mother! I am the Black Sacrament.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying you were right. The Night Mother was right. The old ways ... they guided the Dark Brotherhood for centuries. I was a fool to oppose them. And to prove my ... sincerity, I have prayed for a contract. You lead this Family now. I give you the Blade of Woe, so that you can see it through. You must kill ... me.”

I stood there for several moments, then knelt by her side. I leaned close to her, my face just over hers. I could see her pain. I picked up the Blade of Woe. “Astrid ... you were wrong to do what you did. But you did something you didn’t know. You won my heart. And I won yours.” With that, I plunged the dagger into her chest, cutting out her heart. I put it into a special pouch on my belt.

Nazir and Babette stood in shock. I told them, “Wait here. I’ll be back.”

I walked back down, to where the Night Mother stood in her coffin. As I approached, she spoke to me again. “Astrid is dead. It is as it should be. She will face Sithis in the Void for what she has done. But while you live, the Dark Brotherhood lives. And we must complete our contract. Emperor Titus Mede the Second ... must be ... eliminated! Find Amaund Motierre at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. He will inform you of the location of the true Emperor. But first inform Nazir. You must bind this family together, for you are the Listener!”

“Yeah, well, don’t forget one minor detail. So was my Mother.” I grinned, the first smile I’d made in a while. “You like chaos, you’ll get chaos ... bitch.”

I walked back to where Nazir and Babette were waiting. Nazir said, “What a mess. I guess this is the end.”

“Not exactly. The Night Mother spoke to me again.”

“What? What did she say?”

“Oh, not much. Time for me to go find Amaund Motierre, finish the contract, and then for us to rebuild the family.”

“Wait! You mean ... by Sithis, I like the sounds of that. Go, find that slimy bastard Motierre, kill the Emperor, finish the contract. While you’re doing that ... this place is finished. We’ll move, to the Dawnstar Sanctuary. I’ll find some way to move the Night Mother’s coffin. You ... go! And bring back a barrel full of gold.”

He turned to Babette. “Babette, my girl, we’re moving. Pack your things!”

“I was hoping you’d say that, Nazir. Good luck, Listener. We’ll be waiting for you.”

“Yes. You just worry about fulfilling the contract,” Nazir said in a reassuring tone. “I’ll take care of everything on this end.” He smiled as I left.

When I got to outside again, I realized that quite a bit of time had passed while inside. Gabriella was passed out at the feet of where Festus still hung from his arrows, hidden under some foliage. I woke her. “Here, dear. Another potion, and food. Go on back inside, try to help Nazir and Babette if you can. I’ll meet you all soon.” I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek that seemed to energize her more than my potion.

I was hungry, thirsty, and tired. So I moved into the woods a little further, pulled out my bedroll, ate. and then took a nap. The next morning I checked the pouch on my belt. The magic imbued in this trinket Mother had given me was working perfectly. I stored it and then looked around. The horses and wagons the Penitus Oculatus had used were still there. Time to ride to Whiterun.

I ran into something I hadn’t come across in quite a while. A vampire was roaming the roads near Falkreath. A simple arrow to the head took care of him, though. It was early evening when I arrived.

I put on a different disguise before entering town and proceeding to the Bannered Mare. I walked through the tavern and opened the door to the room where Motierre waited. “What is it? I said I didn’t wish ... to be ... disturbed...” He trailed off.

“Sithis is due a soul, Motierre. Wouldn’t you agree?”

He sounded shocked. “By ... by the gods! You ... you’re alive! But I had heard ... your Sanctuary ... Please! You mustn’t think I had anything to do with that! I wanted the Emperor dead! The true Emperor! I still do. It was Maro! He...”

“Titus Mede. The real one. Where is he?”

“You mean, after all that’s transpired, the Dark Brotherhood will still ... honor the contract? Why, this is astounding news! Wonderful news! The Emperor is still in Skyrim, but not for long. He’s aboard his ship, the Katariah, moored offshore in the Solitude inlet. If you can get on board that ship, kill Titus Mede the Second, as contracted ... I will reveal the location of the dead drop that holds your payment.”

“Where is Maro?”

He chuckled. “Ah, yes, I can imagine you’d be wanting to settle that score. Last I heard he was at the Solitude docks, conducting the Emperor’s departure.”

I nodded, then took my leave of him. I made it to the docks of Solitude with only seeing a wolf on the whole journey. It was very early, before dawn, and not much was stirring. I could see a man holding a torch, pacing the docks. It was Maro, and he was alone. I readied my sword and approached him.

“So, is Titus Mede ready to set sail, hide his tail between his legs, and flee?” I taunted.

“You! You’re ... you’re dead!” Maro sputtered. He pulled his great sword and started swinging it at me. I interposed my shield, blocking every swing he made at me. After a few blows, I realized that there were no guards out to come to his aid.

“You’re still a failure, Maro.” His next swing came in and instead of blocking it, I deflected it with my shield, knocking his sword sideways. That left him open for my thrust through his heart.

Still in the dark, I headed back up to my horse and started riding north along the shore. I saw the outline of the ship against the false dawn. Time to get seriously wet, and not in a good way. I pulled most of my armor off, so that the leather wouldn’t get wet and dry awkwardly. I bundled things together and set them on my shield. I’d use that as an impromptu raft for my gear.

Damnation! The water was as frigid as a hag’s love! I tried to hurry as best I could without making too much noise. Fortunately the hour of the morning worked in my favor, with the guards being lax as well. After all, the Dark Brotherhood had been destroyed, so what did they have to fear? I found the anchor chain and quickly climbed it. My shield barely fit through the housing. The noise my chattering teeth made while drying off brought a sailor to investigate. I had wondered if I could do this without killing too many extra people. Apparently not.

He got too close and started to raise an alarm, so I got to cut his throat. At least his clothes were dry, which gave me something to finish drying myself off with. Now to be about my business.

I was in the forward hold. An assortment of boxes, barrels, and crate were stacked high here, supplies for a long sea voyage. A small flight of steps led up, to another room. Two doorways were on either side, leading to bunk rooms. Sailors were sleeping in each of them. They slept sounder after being shot with an arrow. I started down the corridor that led from this common area. Another bunk room was ahead, and I could see another sailor starting to get up, probably to complain about whoever it was that was hammering at some armor.

I shot him with an arrow. The sound of the arrow flight attracted the attention of a nearby guard, who came charging into the room. I put an arrow into the back of his head. The guard had been enjoying a meal in the common dining room. This was also where the ship’s mainmast was anchored to the hull. The pounding was coming from somewhere further up.

I took the flight of stairs carefully, making sure to step lightly. There were several doors leading from this area, but no one in sight. I could hear the pounding clearer up here. I decided to leave that room for last, the metallic pounding would help conceal any noise I might make. I went to the stern and found a ladder leading up to the deck above. I didn’t want to go that way yet. A doorway off this room led to an occupied cabin. The occupant heard the door open and started to get up. He laid back down permanently with an arrow through the heart.

Quickly searching him, I found that he was the captain of the vessel and had a special key. I hoped it would open all the locks on board. The next room I checked in had a sailor, bent over the corpse of another one, with a bloody dagger in his hand. I didn’t bother to find out what made him kill his mates, I shot him. He’d apparently been a bit of a thief, or worse, as there were three dead bodies already in the room.

Finally I went after the pounding, and found what I was expecting, a small armory. The armorer never heard my footsteps coming up behind him. I grabbed his head and slit his throat. The spray of his blood coated his workbench.

I found and killed two more members of the Penitus Oculatus, as well as their senior officer on board. Another flight of steps led upward. I’d found the quarters of Titus Mede. It was time to fulfill the contract. I opened the door to his room.

Titus Mede was sitting at his desk, as if expecting me. His gravelly, aged voice broke the silence. “And once more, I prove Commander Maro the fool. I told him you can’t stop the Dark Brotherhood. Never could.” He rose to his feet. “Come now, don’t be shy. You haven’t come this far just to stand there gawking.”

“So, you were ... expecting me?”

“But of course. You and I have a date with destiny. But so it is with assassins and emperors, hmm? Yes, I must die. And you must deliver the blow. It is simply the way it is. But I wonder ... would you suffer an old man a few more words before the deed is done?”

“Since a cry for help would do you no good at this point, I’m listening.”

“Very true. I thank you for your courtesy. You will kill me, and I have accepted that fate. But regardless of your path through life, I sense in you a certain ... ambition. So I ask of you a favor. An old man’s dying wish, if you will.” He snorted. “While there are many who would see me dead, there is one who set the machine in motion. This person, whomever he or she may be, must be punished for their treachery. Once you have been rewarded for my assassination, I want you to kill the very person who ordered it. Would you do me this kindness?”

“The person who ordered it? I was already planning on killing him, anyway. It’s not possible for me to kill the actual being who started it, though.”

That intrigued him. “Oh, really?”

“Unfortunately, yes. I have my own abilities, Titus, but killing a god isn’t one of them.”

He sounded puzzled. “Such familiarity with the Emperor, even from the very woman who is going to kill him, is unseemly. But you say this is due to a god?”

“Of course. As the assassination of my grandfather was also the action of the gods. The Nine and the Daedric Lords, doing their bit to bind and weave our actions in their grand game. Don’t get me wrong, I had planned to kill you on my own, simply because of my own career path. This way, using the Dark Brotherhood, is simply ... easier.”

“Why would they be involved in the assassination of your grandfather, young lady, unless...” He sounded puzzled. “Your path. No, surely not, you’re too young.”

“I sometimes wish I was. It wasn’t the Dark Brotherhood then, but the Mythic Dawn who killed my grandfather. Emperor Uriel Septim the Fourth.”

He sat back down heavily. “Oh, child. I am so sorry.” I could hear the remorse in his voice. “Had I known there was a Septim still alive ... Damnation. The bloody Thalmor and their stupid Concordat. No wonder they pushed it so, they must have known.” He put his head in his hands for a moment, shaking it, then raised it and got back up.

He turned towards the windows, where the rising sun was just breaking over the horizon. “Rule my empire ... your Empire ... and give death and damnation to the Thalmor. I thank you for the courtesy. Now, on to the business at hand, I suppose.”

He walked to the windows and stood there calmly, waiting for the death stroke. “Even though you are not Nord, since you fall here, your bravery at your death should see you in Shor’s Hall in Sovngarde.” I killed him as painlessly as I could.

I decided that this fine ship should remain here, in case I needed it. I slipped onto the main deck and quickly killed the half dozen members of the Penitus Oculatus that were walking their rounds. The sole surviving sailor cried for his life, but I could leave no witnesses. It would simply be easier, and safer, to get a whole new crew. For now, only the dead would inhabit this ship.

I lowered a small skiff and rowed it to shore. No need to get wet. My horse was waiting patiently. I slept at the Four Shields Tavern in Dragon Bridge, then headed the next day to Whiterun. Motierre was ecstatic.

“Aha! You’re back! I received the news moments ago that you were successful. This is glorious! My friend, you may not realize it, but you have served the Empire, indeed all of Tamriel, in ways you cannot possibly imagine. Ah, but you care little for politics, am I right? You want money, and money you shall have! You payment awaits you at a dead drop, inside an urn, in the very chamber where we first met in Volunruud. Our business, thank the gods, is concluded.”

I shut the door to the room. “Almost concluded, Motierre. I was asked a favor by an honorable man, and I also must correct you.”

“What do you mean? I ... if you’d just ... get going?”

“The correction is simple. I do care, quite a bit about politics, the strategy, the deaths of kings and the movements of pawns. But keep in mind that even a pawn can become the Queen. Especially when she is ... Septim.”

He looked dismissive. “Oh, for the love of Mara, would you please just ... wait, what?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.