Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 7

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 7 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

The next morning we left early, before dawn. A good rest before what would be long journey was always the best preparation. But I didn’t totally sleep well. My dreams were of the people I had met since arriving here in Skyrim. Perhaps it’s because of the life here, but in all the months traveling through Cyrodiil to actually get here, I never felt close to anyone I had met there. In just a few days, I had met and fallen for Camilla, I felt an attraction to Irileth, and in my last dream, the only face I could see was that of my new shield-maiden.

She was ready for travel, in her polished armor. As we walked the few paces from the entrance of Breezehome to the city gates, I looked at Lydia. She looked excited, scared, and I could almost feel the anticipation in her gait. “Lydia, we need to discuss the journey ahead. As I said last eve, I am Dragonborn, which explains some things that I’ve experienced since being here in Skyrim.”

She looked puzzled, and asked, “Experienced, my Thane?”

“Feeling and emotions that I’ve never felt before. Including desires.” At her silence, I continued. “Including a desire for your company, not just on the trail and in battle, but in rest as well.”

“My Thane, I am a simple and traditional woman. I find the concept of sleeping with you morally unsettling. I am your sword and your shield, nothing else. If you need something more, try asking one of the guards.”

“I didn’t ask to be the dragon slaying savior of Whiterun, you know. I doubt on the trail we will have any privacy, anyway. We’ll need to be ... comfortable ... with each other.”

“My Thane, I, uh...”

I giggled. “We can discuss this further as we travel. I know that it makes you nervous now, I’ve certainly thrown a lot at you in a short time. But this isn’t the end of the conversation by any means.”

“It’s just ... well, I’m your housecarl, and sworn to protect you. That may include protecting you from myself.”

“So it’s not just me that feels it, eh? Perhaps that’s because my Dragonborn blood has awoken something in you as well?”

We walked in silence for a while. We’d left the city and were approaching the stables before she spoke again. And this was with a sly smile. “Perhaps, my Thane. That’s why those thoughts are morally unsettling to me. We’re on the trail, after all. Who knows what will happen out here, eh?”

We reached the confluence of the creek and river, where the turn off to Riverwood was. I looked up ... and up. I could see the rays from the sun as they illuminated the building at the top of the mountain. Throat of the World indeed, this was no small hill to climb. I looked at Lydia. “Well, apparently I need to go up there. Any ideas?”

“I know that the 7,000 steps start in Ivarstead, my Thane. Which is literally on the other side of the mountain from where we are now. I’ve never been there, so this will be my pilgrimage as well.”

Since it appeared that we could go either north or south, I quickly cast clairvoyance to see if I could get some guidance for the path. The magic pointed ahead, across the bridge, and to the north. Good, from where we were standing I could see a small pathway leading up the mountain, perhaps this would be an easy route. As we crossed the bridge, the guard warned us, “Be careful. There are reports of bandits on the roads, and we don’t patrol them, so you’re on your own.”

Lydia and I followed the road a bit, and right where the small pathway that I was thinking of following led off the road, the warning of the guard proved its worth. Two bandits came from hiding. “You’ll be easy to rob when you’re dead!” With the aid of my shield-maiden, the bandits quickly found out they were in error.

I looked at Lydia. “While I want to get to Ivarstead as quickly as possible, I would not be my mothers daughter if we didn’t check this out and clean out a nest of vipers.”

She said, “I will guard you with my life, my Thane. And this is part of Whiterun, so you are truly acting as the Jarl hoped, in protecting her and her citizens.” Using the rocks for cover, we followed the dirt path up. As we neared the top of the slope, I could smell a campfire. I readied my bow, and came around the corner. Two bandits were on watch. I quickly killed one with an arrow, while Lydia’s sword made quick work of the other.

One of them had a note. Something about playing pranks of the uncle of the bandit leader, with the penalty for doing so a threat of being put in a cage. That was good, discipline within their ranks must be low. We could use that to our advantage. I saw a small cave entrance beyond the campfire, and looked at Lydia. “Be ready, my dear. We’re entering their den now.”

We entered the cave, weapons ready. The watchman was sitting in a chair, reading a book, and didn’t see us. If I’d been by myself, I might have tried to sneak, but I could hear Lydia’s armor rattling, so I knew that was useless. As my bow was still ready, I killed him with an arrow. I wondered what he was reading. The pages of the book were blank and I looked at his sightless eyes, now realizing what the note meant. Their watchman had been blind. I was glad we hadn’t tried to sneak by him then, because he surely would have heard us and raised the alarm.

Some wooden steps led upward through the cave in a crude stairway. We followed the pathway, trying to stay within the shadows. Through an archway ahead, I saw a bandit leaning against the wall, apparently talking to another. Better to cut them down at a distance, so I killed him with an arrow. Another bandit rushed over to see what happened and met the same fate. A third bandit came running our way, brandishing her mace. Her charge came to a quick end, as I had more than enough time to put an arrow straight through her chest.

“Good shot, my Thane!” Lydia said approvingly. I felt something I hadn’t felt in quite a while. Happiness at the approval of someone with my actions. I smiled at her, nodding my head in acknowledgment.

We continued into the cavern system. After a bit, I heard voices coming from around a corner ahead. A woman asked, “Do you think it’ll work?” A gruff voice, probably an orc from the gravelly voice, said, “Course not. Dogs I could train. But a half-starved wolf? Not a chance.” I saw a chain ahead of me hanging from the wall and thought to myself, surely not.

Surely yes! Peeking my head around the corner, I saw a cage door ahead of me that swung open when I pulled the chain. The wolf in the cage sprang forth and began attacking the bandits. I was content to simply sit back and watch as the wolf tore the throat from the woman. The orc pulled and began swinging his battle axe in mighty swings. Some archers were firing at the wolf as well. It was a pathetic show of force for the orc, as the wolf claws ripped his belly open. The wolf charged the archers and they finally put enough arrows into him to kill him. I honored his courage by quickly and accurately putting two arrows into each of the archers.

I saw some light coming from above, so there must be an exit from this cave system ahead. Cautioning Lydia to be careful, especially as our eyes may need to adjust, we moved ahead. As we entered the light, I saw the bandit leader sitting at a table. This overlook gave a view of all of Whiterun and the road system around here. Obviously they can tell when caravans come by, and see what to attack from up here. The bandit was writing in a journal and didn’t see me. I put an arrow in him while he was still seated, causing him to stagger as he started to rise. I had an idea, as he was close to the edge. I shouted, “FUS!” It pushed him backwards, causing him to lose his footing. With a scream, he fell from the ledge.

I said, “Oops, we might have a climb ahead of us if we want to loot his body.” There was no way he survived that. In the meantime, we found this was where their main loot was stored, finding a chest with two enchanted pieces of armor in it, as well as a large quantity of gold. Good.

I smiled apologetically at Lydia. She sighed, then no small effort, helped me down the cliff face, to where the body of the bandit leader rested. I had almost decided to pass him by, but was glad I didn’t, as he also had some enchanted armor. With whatever affected me blocking my knowledge, I’d need to find many different items to disenchant, so I could learn those enchantments to apply to my own gear.

I had hoped that this path would be a shortcut to Ivarstead, but apparently not. Lydia and I climbed the rest of the way down without much more difficulty – there were only a few dangerous spots early on, and then the mountain slope became gentle, as it came back down to the road on this side of the river. But we didn’t go down to the road, we stayed further up the slope. That way we had the height advantage over anyone traveling that might harbor less than honorable intentions towards us.

My caution was proven very quickly, as I saw a pack of wolves walking down the road. I pointed them out to Lydia and we took positions of readiness. As they continued down the road, we both began firing arrows at them, quickly decimating the pack. If we’d been ON the road, they might have surprised us because of the curves in the road. We continued on and came around the end of an upthrust section of rock. I looked upward, and could see that we were partway around the mountain, with a different side of the building high on the mountain visible from down here. Lydia took my arm, saying, “Look down, my Thane.”

Ahead of us were some ruins, but also what looked like a small military camp. I saw a banner on one of the tents. Followers of Ulfric, it seems. Since I nearly lost my head with him, I wasn’t thrilled to see these soldiers here. Time to see what I can find out from them. As we walked in, one of the guards told us, “If you know any true sons or daughters of Skyrim, tell them to rally to Ulfric’s banner.”

I told her I’d keep that in mind, and asked to see her commander. She pointed his tent to me. In his hide covered tent, he was studying a map with crude markers on it. I introduced us as Martina and Lydia, battle maiden adventurers. He said his name was Hjornskar Head-Smasher. Wow, what charming names these Nords have!

“So, Commander, you are with the Stormcloaks? Why do they call you that?”

“At first they called us that to belittle us. But we gladly accept being named for Ulfric Stormcloak, the only true High-King of Skyrim. We are the true sons and daughter of Skyrim, and Ulfric ... he’s the truest of us all. We fight to make our lands great once more, to raise up strong, noble thanes, and to lay low false Jarls who weaken our cause by their actions. The sound of our fury is a storm about to break on the heads of our enemies. Our friendship, a cloak for those who join us to wear.”

“I ... see. As you can no doubt tell, I am not from this area. How would I go about joining such a fine and noble cause as yours?” I could barely say that with a straight face, as it’s obvious this Hjornskar is a fanatic to his cause.

“Ulfric’s not running a social club. You’re don’t join anything. Either you’re a true daughter of Skyrim, or you’re not. If you are, then make your way to Windhelm and talk to the man himself. If you’re not, well, friend, then you’d better walk away before this gets ugly.”

I resisted the temptation to say it couldn’t get any uglier than he is, although it probably showed on my face. “I hear your words. How true a daughter would one be if she was the Dragonborn?” The shocked look on his face was my satisfaction, and I simply turned and walked from his tent. “Jackass,” I muttered under my breath.

“My thane?” Lydia asked, concerned at my indiscretion while still in the armed camp.

“Men always want to pledge themselves to some ‘noble’ cause, and in the end completely screw things up. I met Ulfric already, and while at one time I thought he was charming and charismatic, all I see now is someone with delusions of grandeur. And at the same time, the Empire isn’t the answer for Skyrim, either, as it’s poisoned by the Thalmor. Something is going to have to give. I don’t know what it is yet, though.”

“Is that your place to make it give, my Thane?”

“I told you my family story. You tell me.” She had no answer for me. So we continued along the treeline, heading east now. Off to the north we could see some old ruins, and further off, across the river, a small keep. The terrain wasn’t too bad, with some grasses that I’d never seen before, and some patches of tundra cotton scattered about. After a bit, we found ourselves coming down a hill, with the road off to our left, and another dirt pathway heading off to our right. As we got closer to the path, we could see a set of stone steps leading upwards, and a large fire at the top of the hillock. As I started to head that direction, Lydia grabbed my arm.

“Giants, my Thane. We need to go another way.” To satisfy my own curiosity, I went just a little closer and realized that she was right. We stayed below the level of the camp, but still above the road, and continued onward. After another while of walking and climbing up another hillside, we found to our left a tall, thin tower rising from the opposite bank of the river, a narrow yet high stone bridge leading from it that crossed the river, and another, smaller tower on our side. It was far away, but I could make out some figures on the tower and more walking the bridge. I had no desire to fight another group of bandits at this point, so we stayed away from them.

The trees changed as we got to the eastern side of the mountain and started downhill again, growing thicker and closer together. I noticed that the wind was less here, no doubt deflected by the mountain we were circling. But with it growing later in the afternoon, the mountain was also shielding the light, and it was getting darker. The terrain became rockier, and finally impossible to stay further up from the road. “Damn, we’ll just have to take the road now, it seems. Hopefully we can find someplace to shelter for the night, for I fear we aren’t going to make Ivarstead today.”

Ahead of us, a bridge spanned the river, but there was a dirt pathway that led behind us and up the hill. It looked like it might lead to a campsite of some kind. We followed that one and I found I was mistaken. It led to what looked like a small tomb of some kind, leading back into the mountain. “Let us make camp here. I’ve no desire to explore this tomb, but here at the entrance, we’re out of the elements. Let’s get something to eat, and then take watches throughout the night. We’ll do a cold camp, no fire.” Lydia agreed, as it was getting too dark to see.

The night past uneventfully, thanks be to the Divines. And this let us get above the road again, and above the river. In the early light, before the false dawn, we started out again. The smell of the mountain grass in the early morning filled me with a peace that I hadn’t had in ages. This land was where I belonged.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.