USA - Cover

USA

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7

I looked up and saw one of the sailors standing close to Wendy. His posture was threatening so I switched on the autopilot setting the unit to follow the magnet structure ahead of us. I took up the heaviest instrument I could find.

These sailboats built in Oulu were typical of the period; long bow and stern overhangs with slab sided rectangles for deck cabins with curved cabin tops.

This one had a long sunken cockpit with two steps down and a real door opening into a roomy salon. There were access hatches on either side of the forward galley and a single hatch to one side at the aft end of the salon with ladders fore and aft to cabins and the engine room under the salon deck. The engine room deck also held all or most of the stores.

At a length on deck of seventy five feet and 25 feet of beam the full keel welded rolled steel hull had two decks with three cabins forward and the stateroom aft. Nothing was very big or roomy but still, the heavy displacement hull featured nearly 9 feet below the waterline. With an all up weight of 30 tons, she was no lightweight racer. For a civilian Yacht she was of medium length but very heavy.

Just as I opened the salon door, the guard grabbed her and tried to wrestle her to the floor, tearing her jumper as she fell. The 3 pound hammer caught him in the right ear, killing him instantly. Wendy snatched up the Schmeisser, cocked it and sprayed the other two sleeping sailors.

And we were back in the sunshine chasing a breeze. We still had three dead WW2 German submariners to deal with. Dangerous sharks are rare in the north sea ... until three great whites splashed down next to the boat.

???

Also WTF, muthafucka, and assorted language that my children did NOT need to hear ... but they did.

We dumped the bodies overboard, but kept the Schmeissers ... and extra magazines ... and the scuttling charges they were supposed to use to get rid of the evidence.

Wendy said, "YOU might not speak German, but I DO ... and I was listening when das Unterseeboote Kapitan told the three crewmen to make sure of us and he'd come round and pick them up after the deed."

You're welcome.

Oh, yeah ... manners, "Thank you."

No problem, you solved a difficulty we couldn't resolve.

"When the sharks have finished destroying the evidence, what are you going to do with them?" I was curious. Great Whites in the North Sea?

Send them back to Australia ... about three million years in the past.

"Great idea," I said. "I wonder what happened to the U-Boat?"

I ... We ... Us ... arranged a mishap. There were no more U-Boats sailing and none scheduled to return so the Kriegsmarine sent out a number of destroyers, a couple of cruiser and the Scharnhorst, a battlecruiser. The Scharnhorst rammed and sunk the sub and no one even noticed until the ship began to leak a little around the bows.

"We thank you for that," Wendy said.

"That was mighty quick shooting, Wendy. I wonder..." I said.

"You didn't hear what they had planned for our kids ... I didn't even think about it. Animals!" Wendy started to get the shakes.

"Kids!" I yelled.

"Daddy?"

"Come run the boat ... your mom needs some attention," I said.

"Eww!"

"Gross!"

"Not that kind of attention," I explained.

"Hey!" Wendy said, "Who said I didn't need that kind?"

"Gross!"

"Eww!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.