Conquering the Darkness
Chapter 2: Stadium Announcement

Copyright© 2016 by The Slim Rhino

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2: Stadium Announcement - Martin meets Andrea when she's having a very rough day. But something about her draws him in immediately. Can he help the blind girl learn to master her life and hunt down those who made her miserable? This is a departure from my normal fare of incest or Star Trek stories. It's an attempt at writing a romance that isn't chock-full of gut-wrenching angst, but also not too sappy either.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First   Oral Sex   Petting  

He stepped out of the dorm, squinting at his surroundings. It was a beautiful late April day, but he was so tired, the bright sunlight hurt in his eyes. Despite the fact that the Autobahn had been almost deserted, it was already 3am when Andrea's father had dropped him off at his dorm. There was none of the usual hectic activity as all his fellow students were already in their lessons. He had left a short email notice with his class teacher that he'd miss the morning classes as he had to run some important errands resulting from a criminal complaint, which he'd inform him about upon his return.

It would perhaps lead to some discussion why he'd not done that beforehand and in person, but at the moment his thoughts were too focused on not disappointing Andrea and her father. The promise to deliver the copy of her father's police statement, together with the official certificate from the federal police to the principal of her school, was one he was not going to postpone.

The blind school was not very far from the university campus. Three stations by tram were all it took to get there. This was great as he could visit Andrea easily if she would be agreeable to the idea.

Stepping into the building he noticed it was not so different from a normal school building. The major difference was that the floor had tactile paving and that all signs next to the door had additional markings in Braille. He walked up to the principal's office, knocked and was called in by the secretary in the antechamber. He gave her his name and a short version of why he had shown up, while Andrea had not. She gasped and hurriedly walked into the adjoining office of the principal, a Mrs. Korsch as he could see on the name plate next to the door.

The secretary asked him to go into the principal's office. Even in here the floor had tactile markings so that a blind pupil would find the way to the desk with a white cane. It was much larger than the principal's office in his school and just about all furniture was behind or next to the desk, so anyone who came in here could not bump into anything.

From the way the middle aged woman behind the desk looked at him, he could work out that she wasn't blind. The principal smiled friendly at him and returned his greeting.

"What can I do for you, Martin?"

"Well, I have these papers from Andrea Hertz's father. She was mugged yesterday by a bunch of FC hooligans and he wants to keep her home for the week. Since they stole her wallet too, they have to get her new documents too."

He had never seen a smile disappear so quickly. The principal hectically thumbed through the papers and as she read the summary of the criminal complaint she rubbed her eyes and shook her head in growing disbelief the further she read.

"Have you found her?" she asked and he could see nothing but naked shock and sadness in the woman's eyes.

He nodded and sat down when he was indicated to do so. The woman behind the desk served him a glass of mineral water and seemed to measure him up.

"That was a very nice thing to do, Martin."

He shrugged. "With all due respect ma'am, but who would ignore a person in need of help, except perhaps the utter arseholes that put her in that situation in the first place?"

He gasped and apologized for his ripe choice of words.

"As the principal of this school I don't condone swearing of course, but frankly, in this case I too would struggle to find a printable word."

She smiled mildly at him, but it wasn't hard to see that it was a little forced. She was still rattled by the news.

"To answer your question, Martin, you'd be surprised how many people have not helped her. Do you really think you've been the first to notice her in several hours, on a train station that big? And what about those who didn't interfere when she was assaulted? When you and Andrea are in a public space next time, observe how many people give her a wide berth. Many are downright afraid of disabled persons, mainly because they have no idea what to do or how to behave around them."

He wondered why the principal assumed that he and Andrea would even meet again. But perhaps it was etched on his face how much she occupied his thoughts; after all her dad had called him out on it as well.

"May I ask a question, ma'am?"

The woman nodded.

"There is one thing I don't understand. Why did she stay where they'd brought her? Couldn't she have tried, I don't know, getting at least somewhat further down the platform for help? It's easy for me to say of course, but I'd have tried something like perhaps taking of my shoes and try to find my way along the tactile paving. Shouldn't that work even without a white cane?"

The woman's mien got serious again.

"It's not so easy, Martin. Andrea has been sighted for fifteen years. She knows what a train station looks like. But only those she'd been to while she could still see. A person who was born blind see's the world differently, more abstract. She was at a train station she didn't know and her mind was trying to compare what she felt to images she knows. People who lose sight after many years have much more problems mastering their lives than those who've never had eyesight to begin with. That's why Andrea is here. Our school is specialized in people who lost sight long after they were born."

He could understand the reasoning.

"There is something else, something much more sinister," the principal continued. "Whoever did that, was someone who had knowledge about the specific problems of blind people. It is likely they deliberately disorientated her. Just spinning around someone can be a huge problem for a blind person, especially if she's still as inexperienced as Andrea."

He jumped up from his chair, knocking it over in the process. He rubbed his face furiously trying not to scream with the murderous rage that boiled up in his body. He was a peaceful person to the point that he could make a fluffy bunny look dangerous, but right now he wanted nothing more than get his hands on those bastards, preferably their necks.

Out of sheer fury he started to cry.


She had been a principal for many years, but she had never heard about such a vile act against one of her pupils. Marita Korsch, a seasoned teacher had enough problems not to follow the young man's example. He was pacing her office, his face a distorted grimace of pure rage, quietly sobbing into his palms.

The mother in her wanted to stand up and hug him to console the boy, but the pedagogue part of her knew it was best to leave him alone. He couldn't be older than sixteen or seventeen and at that age they had to be given a chance to 'be a man' even if crying was not considered manly, at least by young men themselves. She gave him the time to compose himself on his own and she could see he was ashamed of his reaction.

"Sorry, Mrs. Korsch, I've let the emotions get to me."

She smiled.

"You don't need to apologize, Martin. If I could afford to I'd be running out of here screaming and swearing till the windows burst."

His tearful smile made the young man even more endearing.

"It is truly horrible what those people did to her, but if I'm not mistaken, Andrea has won a new friend and that will be the only thing she'll remember about it one day."

His flustered reaction was really cute. Somehow this young man was not like many other teenagers she'd seen in her professional life. He was much more introspective and perceptive for a start.

"I don't know if she even wants to be friends. Wouldn't I just remind her constantly of what she'd lost? After all I can still see and she'd be reminded of it every time we meet."

"Andrea has many problems," Marita explained. "But those are of a practical nature. She still has to learn a lot in terms of mastering her life. But she has accepted her situation. Trust me; we have many pupils who aren't as accepting of their fate as Andrea is. Sometimes she's actually too ambitious. I've told her more than once that it is too early to be travelling from Hannover all by herself."

"Don't worry ma'am. She won't. I'll bring her here and back safely - come hell or high water."

The principal smiled at him. Somehow she got the feeling that with time young Andrea would be getting much more than just a friend out of this horrible day.


Bernd Hertz was not an emotional man by anyone's standards, but when it came to his daughter he could not help it. At the moment he was a very worried man. On one hand Andrea had taken the aftermath of the assault much better than expected, in fact the psychotherapist had confirmed as much. It wasn't difficult to work out that the reason for that had a name – Martin.

The fact that his daughter had spent most of her evenings on the phone – at least an hour every day – was testament to that fact. But that was where the worry came into play. It wasn't difficult to see that both children were hopelessly smitten with each other, but they were both sixteen and seventeen respectively. He couldn't help but being worried that they were setting themselves up for a nasty fall.

Andrea was a stunningly beautiful girl and she had had more than enough friends before the accident. Too bad most of them had been false ones. Except for her former classmates Michaela and Nicole, all of them had abandoned her. And young Martin would see soon enough that dealing with a blind person would not be as easy as the theory suggested.

It began with mundane things like not being able to go to the movies. Everything they'd do for recreational activities would have to be chosen in a way that it fed her senses as well. Then there was the little detail that seeing her eat was not always a majestic sight. After all she didn't know what was on the plate and where. With proper training and experience, blind people were well able to navigate the dinner table, but it had been barely fifteen months since she'd started to learn. Would he be able to cope with the sight?

And Andrea was well aware of her problems. Would she be living in constant fear of grossing him out when a bite fell of her fork again and finally popped it into her mouth with her hands? Would she think she limits his life? What would happen if he didn't show up or didn't call? It would devastate her as she had badly fallen for this young man she'd known for no longer than three hours.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.