The Two Crosses - Cover

The Two Crosses

Copyright© 2016 by Mustang

Chapter 4

Jennifer insisted Ellen and her husband spend their special night out without her on New Year’s Eve.

Jennifer was watching a show on her room TV that was ranking the best of whatever of the year. Her vision was distracted when a shadow foretold a person entering her room. “Wow, will you look at you?” Her eyes lit up. Grant was wearing a dark blue suit, a light blue shirt, and a printed blue tie.

“Somebody is going out for New Year’s?” She questioned. “Don’t you look so very handsome?” Her eyes betrayed her growing interest.

“What, this little thing? I just threw it on!” He adjusted his tie, joking about the often-used woman’s line. “I am going out for New Year’s. I hope I’m on time for our party.”

“You’re spending it here with me?”

“Believe me, there’s nowhere on earth I’d rather be than with you, Jennifer,” he smiled. He went to her as she attempted to step from her bed. “You’re getting more mobile; soon you won’t need me around to help you,” he said, offering his hand.

“I don’t ever see that happening,” she replied with a gentle hug and kiss. “What’s in the bag?” She wondered.

“No self-respecting New Year’s celebration wouldn’t be complete without the basic necessities,” he smiled, unzipping the cooler bag.


Jennifer smiled as he revealed the contents of the container. “First of all, music to dance the night away to,” he said, showing her his MP3 player with an attachable six-inch square speaker.

“Noisemakers and hats,” he offered, handing her a blue and silver sparkly top hat and several noisemaking toys, and she laughed.

“And a delicious meal. I cooked a small ham. I hope you like ham, and I brought us a side dish of potato salad, rolls, margarine, and utensils,” he listed, showing her the clear covered plates already heaping with food.

“You didn’t burn down your house cooking dinner?” She joked.

“It’s still standing. I had Max on guard with the fire extinguisher just in case.” She stifled a hearty giggle. She shook her head, her clear eyes glistening in wonderment for this generous, thoughtful man that had entered her life.

“No romantic dinner would be complete without setting the proper mood.” She laughed when Grant produced two battery-operated candles. “And to complete tonight’s selection, a special vintage wine. I think it was bottled five minutes ago,” he kidded, looking at the label. “Shhh, I won’t tell if you don’t know that I snuck in a bottle of wine!” He whispered.

“Your secret is safe with me,” she agreed in a low voice.

“I’d sooner use a real crystal glass, but plastic glasses will have to do instead.”

“Plastic is fine with me,” she said, a beautiful smile on her face.

“Taadaa, a meal fit for a queen!” He remarked as he spread his arms.

“And her king!” Her eyes glistened. “Oh my God, Grant, you are so funny! Thank you so much!” Jennifer didn’t need candlelight to reflect the growing sparkle in her eyes for him. He returned the meals and the wine to the cooler until needed.

She offered him another thank you hug and kiss for his efforts.

“And at Ellen’s instance, I have something to wear for our party of two. Turn your head away while I go and change,” she asked, taking her nightie from her suitcase and managing to walk to the bathroom.

Grant leaned against the window, looking at the lightly falling snow. “This time, I hope you don’t mind, but I left Max at home,” he said for her to hear.


Jennifer managed to approach him silently and caress him from behind. His nostrils detected the faint aroma of freshly applied perfume. He turned to her, the fluorescent parking lot lights shining on her.

“Wow, look at you!” His eyes lit up. Her pulse quickened as Grant’s eyes drank in her beauty. Her cheeks warmed to the thought of her being mostly naked in her nightie for him. His hand caressed the softness of her cheek, and her eyes closed to his gentle touch.

Grant could tell she was proud of herself, with her brushed golden hair, not a strand out of place, barely a hint of makeup, and soft, inviting lips. His eyes followed the slender shape of her body.

“Ellen suggested I should wear this for you. I hope it’s suitable for the occasion. It’s one of my nighties, and I never considered it to be a dress.”

“I think it looks fabulous on you!”

“Naturally, you’re a man!” She kidded. “It already shows a good hint of cleavage without any buttons undone, though I do own several dresses more revealing than this,” she said, looking at the very short hem.

“I look forward to seeing them on you. I don’t mind if you undo several buttons.”

“I bet you wouldn’t, or perhaps I’ll let you undo a few for us,” she smiled.

“I strongly suspect that you are quite able to make sexy look very classy!” He complimented.

Her hands rubbed up and down his arms, and she looked at him. In silence, she accepted his firm yet gentle caress, and they kissed.

“Please let me know if I hurt you. I want to pick you up and hug the stuffing out of you!”

“I know already that you would never hurt me. You saved my life, and I’ll always trust it in your loving hands.” She offered, sighed, and took his tongue into her mouth. They continued to embrace, his hands gently smoothing up and down her back. Tempted to let his hand wander to her breast, he thought it was better to let her make the first move.


Grant went to the doorway, checking that the hall was empty, and placed the ‘quiet patient is sleeping,’ sign on the outer door handle. As he tended to the door, Jennifer nervously unfastened two buttons on her nightie. She looked at her cleavage in place for his viewing.

He approached her, and though his eyes immediately noticed the increased breast she was showing him, he didn’t make a snide remark. “You are so exquisitely beautiful!” He complimented her, taking her in his arms again.

Grant set up the music. “I’ll admit I put on mostly slow romantic songs for us to dance to.”

“Romance is perfect for me too. It’ll be months before I can grind it out to a good rock song on a stripper’s pole!” She said deadpan, and they burst out laughing. “Ow, now I’m making my sides hurt!”

“I love your laugh, it’s very infectious.” His eyes were glossy next to her brilliant smile. The speaker set up, he offered his open arms and asked, “May I have this dance?”

“I’d love to dance with you,” she sighed as their gentle caresses formed one person. Jennifer was very limited in the movement of her body, and he let her set the tone for how they moved together. “Just being in your strong arms is dancing enough for me,” she contently sighed.

They looked at each other, a hand caressing the other’s cheek, and they kissed. His hands smoothed up and down her back, and though she didn’t say so, wouldn’t have refused his hand on her breast. She turned her head to rest against his chest, closed her eyes, and sighed contentedly.

“I could stay like this in your arms forever.” The words flowed effortlessly from her lips.

“We do seem to make a nice couple. I hope Max won’t mind if I try to steal his girl.”

“I’m sure Max won’t mind having us walk him.”

They sat and shared their meals, and Jennifer complimented Grant on his cooking skills. “I’ll sneak you in some good meals I’ll cook to save you from the hospital food. Max and I will cook up a proper meal for you once you’re free of the hospital.”

“I look forward to it. I love pot roast and roasted potatoes.” Her beautiful eyes sparkled with that special feeling. Jennifer could feel tingles of excitement surging throughout her body. Grant may not have realized it, but there was a real possibility of a future together for her.

Grant poured them a glass of wine, and they touched the rims in a toast. “Thank you, Grant, for being here for me. How could one of the worst days of my life turn out, instead, to be one of the best days of my life?”

“I sometimes like to think that, given the circumstances of the accident three years ago, we were meant to meet and be together,” he offered.

“I couldn’t agree with you more!” She sipped her wine, and they sealed their toast with a kiss.


They enjoyed their meal, talking away the time and the excitement of discovering new things about each other. They looked into each other’s eyes, and an unspoken feeling was growing between them.

“I’ll do the dishes later,” he kidded, and they resumed the dance of new lovers.

Later, Jennifer changed the TV channel to a station for the New Year’s countdown. With sparkly hats on their heads and noisemakers ready, they held hands as the clock struck midnight.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.