The Smallholder - Cover

The Smallholder

Copyright© 2016 by Always Raining

Chapter 10

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Joseph Ramsden, a smallholder, had come to terms with tragedy in his life and had settled to a calm existence, until Angela Furness arrived and brought a whole lot of trouble. This tale is set in the hills of the Peak District of Northern England. All characters are fictional and are not based on any real (or unreal) living or dead people! Warning as far as sex content is concerned it is VERY slow!

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fiction   Slow  

Friday 20 February 09

The snow lingered for two weeks, though Barry cleared the track after two days. The snow turned to rain, and then began to melt away more quickly. Joseph found his thoughts often turned towards Angela, wondering what she was doing. She had gone back to the life she knew, and to Trevor. He felt he could not blame her. She was a city girl after all. Perhaps Trevor was a better partner for a woman than he was. Joseph's wife had never looked back, had she?

Once again Joseph had settled into his daily routines, but somehow life was not so calm for him anymore. Once the snow had gone it was time to send the pigs to the abattoir. He did not mind that part, it was seeing the empty sty, and having to clear it and thoroughly disinfect it, and that in the dead of winter that he found irksome and uncomfortable.

For one thing, her car sat before the cottage reminding him daily of her. He wondered why she had not come to collect it. Perhaps she was embarrassed to meet him again after what had happened. Any day he was absent from the small holding, he expected the car to be gone, but there it remained. Trevor's car was still there also.

Saturday 21 February 09

It was on the second Saturday after Trevor had been taken off to hospital with Angela in tow, that another car was seen arriving along the track. Joseph did not recognise it. He waited by the open front door for it to draw to a halt and disgorge its passengers, for there were two occupants.

His face broke into a wry smile as he saw that the passenger was Angela, and the driver was an ash blonde with a Scandinavian look about her. He was happy to see Angela again, but understood immediately that she had really only come to collect her car. Perhaps Trevor had put a time limit on the visit and insisted on a chaperone. He chided himself at that: she needed someone to drive her to collect the car. What was wrong with him, he asked himself. He did not wait for an answer.

"Angela!" he smiled with enthusiasm, "You came back. Come for the car?"

She hugged him to her and kissed his cheek, "For the car and to see you again. I seem to be fated to leave you unexpectedly."

She indicated Greta, "Joseph may I introduce Greta, my best friend. Greta this is Joseph."

"So this is the man you've been raving about?" Greta said with a mischievous grin as she extended her hand.

Joseph took it.

She's been raving about me? and his spirits soared. He felt like a teenage boy who'd been told the girl on whom he had a crush fancied him. He cast a glance at Angela whose face was suffused with embarrassment. So it was true! He laughed inwardly.

"Pleased to meet you Greta."

He felt unaccountably giddy, but controlled himself as they shook hands.

"I told Greta all about your place here," Angela said, recovering her equilibrium. "Would you give her the tour?"

"Oh, yes please," Greta added enthusiastically and he was sure she batted her eyelashes at him.

"Of course," Joseph said, "before or after coffee?"

"Before, while we're still dressed for outdoors," said Angela.

"Well, come through both," he said standing aside. "I'll get my coat."

Bob came up to Greta wagging his tail, and she fondled his ears. He looked up at her adoringly and Joseph smiled but said nothing. Bob was a good judge of character.

He took them round the house and Angela prattled on to Greta about each room, leaving Joseph smiling and letting her lead the tour. Outside, she allowed him to take up the descriptions and he patiently showed Greta the goats, the chickens and the fields. They came to the pigsty.

Angela looked worried. "Where are the pigs, Joseph?"

"Gone," said Joseph. "I'll be getting some new piglets next week."

The two women looked upset, but Joseph said nothing and waited on Angela. He saw light dawn in her eyes.

"Gone to slaughter?" she asked.

"Yes, they'd reached ideal weight."

"Don't you find it hard to do that? D'you miss them?"

"No, don't forget I send pigs to the abattoir twice a year. You can't have pork without killing pigs, Greta."

To change the subject, Angela broke in with an excited finger pointing at the wind turbines. He continued telling her about his wood, which they could see in the distance, and through which they had come.

They returned inside and he took their coats to the bedroom while Angela set about making coffee for them.

"You seem very much at home," Greta remarked with a suggestive laugh.

"Don't you feel the same?" Angela retorted, looking over her shoulder at her friend.

"Don't I feel the same as what?" Greta answered, feigning ignorance.

"Sort of feel at home here. Comfortable."

Greta looked about her. "Well, yes, I see what you mean. It's very peaceful and relaxing."

Joseph returned, and sat opposite Greta while Angela continued to make the coffee.

"There are biscuits in the square tin," he pointed out to Angela, and she dutifully put a number out on a plate, setting it and the mugs of steaming liquid before them.

"Home made?" asked Greta.

Joseph nodded. "Most things I eat, I make myself."

"Are you self-sufficient?" Greta asked, "I mean do you have to buy things?"

"Partially. Some things, like cooking oil, flour, butter, cheese and sugar, dried fruit, meat – that sort of thing – those I buy. Not that I eat a lot of meat. I sell goats' milk, eggs, and the pigs when they're ready, though I get some of their meat back to freeze. Fruit and Veg I store as you saw, and they keep me going most of the year."

"But you live here alone. Aren't you lonely?"

"I don't think so. I've lived here for some years, and Bob keeps me company. I see folk down at the pub, the village and in town, and Barry comes most days to collect milk and eggs for his farm shop. He usually stays for a mug of tea."

"Are you happy, Joseph?" Greta pushed. She sipped the coffee.

"Happy?"

He thought for a moment. "Happy comes from the same root as happen. Happy comes and goes – pristine snow with a sunrise on it, sitting warm and snug while the wind batters the place, a successful day's work, yes. I'm contented, satisfied, complete, fulfilled. This is the life I chose and it works for me. Happiness is the bonus."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.