A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 7 - Sakurako - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 7 - Sakurako

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 36: Intimacy

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 36: Intimacy - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 6. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first six books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oriental Female   First   Slow  

March 9, 1994, LAX, Los Angeles, California

“Steve Adams,” I said into the cell phone.

“Steve, it’s Patrick. Aimee asked me to call you. She’s received orders for the Enterprise.”

“Fantastic! When does she report? And what assignment?”

“May 15th and she’ll be second-in-command in the CIC.”

“Tell her congratulations for me. When does she come Stateside?”

“About ten days before. She’d like to see you, obviously.”

“And I, her. My schedule for early May should be pretty clear. Let me know when.”

“Will do! How did things go with Ms. Rizzi?”

“She’s accepted our theory, but Dustin Brady’s mother is being intransigent. We’re suspicious.”

“I would be, too. But your problem is resolved, right?”

“Indeed. You can close the case file.”

“Will do. Call if you need anything.”

“I will. Thanks.”

I closed the mobile phone and nodded happily to myself. Aimee was getting her wish.

March 10, 1994, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

“How was your flight?” Mario asked when we met for breakfast on Thursday morning.

“Horrid, but at least I had a comfortable seat.”

“What happened?”

“I couldn’t get a direct flight in the morning so I ended up having to change planes in Atlanta. That added a couple of hours to an already long day. Add in weather problems, and I was nearly three hours late getting into Pittsburgh. I was supposed to meet Tara for dinner, but I begged off, and came straight to the hotel and crashed. I should probably have taken the red eye on Tuesday night.”

“How are things at home? I heard from Cindi that chickenpox is making the rounds.”

“Jesse as of Monday, and when I called Kara and Jessica last night they let me know that Birgit had joined the party. Looks like it came from school, so it won’t surprise me if Matthew starts showing symptoms soon. The other kids will probably take a week or so to get them.”

“I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner!”

“Me, too. I’m just glad I’m missing the first round! Anyway, I have some news for you.”

“Good, I hope?”

“Yes, of course! As of April 1st, your new title is ‘Regional Director’, with the appropriate bump in base pay.”

“That’ll come in handy. Marie is pregnant again!”

“Congratulations! Though your commissions do make up the largest part of your compensation package.”

“True, but a higher base always helps. Why the change? And what about Barb and Zeke?”

“They both get the same title change. Dave is being promoted to Vice President of Software Development.”

“He’ll still report to Julia, right?”

“In every possible way,” I chuckled.

“Yeah,” Mario grinned. “It does seem to work like that!”

“Cindi is getting the VP title as well, to regularize titles at that level.”

“Cool!”

“When is your new baby due?”

“September.”

“Let Cindi know so you can arrange your «pappaledighet».”

Mario laughed, “I can’t believe you actually put that word into the Employee Handbook!”

“It’s the right word. You see Latin, French, and occasionally Russian and Spanish in my emails!”

“I keep a few dictionaries next to my desk,” Mario laughed. “Have you told the others?”

“I told Barbara when I saw her. I’ll talk to Dave and Zeke when I’m back in the office. I know you and Barbara will keep it to yourselves until I do. You’ll get a formal letter from Chris with the details.”

“Thanks again!”

“You deserve every penny.”

After breakfast, Mario and I made two customer visits, and then I joined Ned Jenkins for a very enjoyable lunch. When we finished, I headed back to the office for the interviews. As I expected, both candidates for the consulting role were very good, and I felt either of them would make a good fit. I called Chicago and let Charlie know that either one was OK. She said she’d talk with Mario and Julia and get Kimmy to prepare the paperwork for the offer for my signature.

After the interviews, I spent some time with Mario discussing the Eastern Region and his plans. I mentioned Barbara’s plans for the Western Region and he acknowledged talking to her and acting as a sounding board.

“I’m glad you guys talk. Do you include Zeke?”

“Yes. He didn’t tell you about our fortnightly calls?”

I shook my head, “No. But it’s not like you guys are plotting a coup!”

“Are you SURE about that?” he asked with a laugh.

“If you included Cindi, then I’d worry. She’s WAY more aggressive than I am on expansion.”

Mario shook his head, “She may be my matrix boss, but she’s wrong. I’ve told her that repeatedly. You have your foot on the gas exactly the right amount. Except for during the first part of the BLS merger, we’ve been solidly in the black. And this is one of those times I DO get to say that without you telling me to go back to her! After all, I’m a director now!”

“Not yet!” I chuckled. “April 1st, and it’s not an April Fools’ joke, either. Once I talk to Dave and Zeke on Monday, I’ll make the announcement. You’ll get your letter confirming it as well, as I said. And speaking of expansion, I assume you’re not going to want bigger space?”

He shook his head, “We can make do. Basically, only John and I are in the office much, and I’m here less than half the time. The others are out at customer sites or selling. I take it the LA office is very small?”

“Yes. You have a bit more space here, and honestly, what we can charge in California doesn’t give us the kind of margins we see everywhere else, but I’m sure you knew that.”

“I do. We’re much better off in Colorado and having people work out of their homes in California. That small office space in LA costs nearly as much as our old Chicago space!”

“Oh I know it! But we have to consider Ford, Jackson, and Finch. They’re across the street and they like knowing that Barbara, Andy, and Cynthia are that close. We’ll figure it out.”

“Have you thought about the Bay area? Granted, it’s expensive, but the amount of work there has to be insane.”

“Hmm. San Jose might be an interesting option. I’m going to put Barbara in touch with Scott Bannerman at Sun Microsystems and let her bounce ideas off him. He was a pretty good mentor when he was in Chicago.”

“Speaking of Chicago, will you approve Barbara and me coming to Chicago to meet with Zeke a couple of times a year?”

“Sure. Would you want anyone else involved?”

“We’d want time with the executive team, but the three of us should spend time together planning. As we grow, it’s going to get harder and harder to get your time. Not to mention your plan to go back to doing what you love!”

“Amen, Brother!” I chuckled. “I’m marking the days off my calendar! I’ll tell Kimmy it’s OK to set up the meeting. We have plenty of space at the office, or you can go off-site, if you want.”

“Being at the office is probably best. Now that we’re not doing the annual gatherings in Chicago, I haven’t met everyone.”

“That’s something that bugs me,” I said. “But given our size it’s just not possible. We will get everyone together for the 10th anniversary next year. Kimmy and Keri are already starting to make plans. We’ll keep you posted. Anything else I can do for you?”

Mario shook his head, “I don’t think so. You see my reports and I’m on the leadership calls. And John just walked in, so I know you’ll want to go! Have fun at the game!”

“I will. Thanks again, Mario. It’s been a good nine years so far.”

We shook hands and I walked out to where John was waiting and shook hands with him. I pulled an envelope out of my suit coat pocket and handed it to him.

“You don’t have to pay me for the ticket,” he said.

“Yes, I do. The new employee handbook specifically forbids executives accepting gifts from staff.”

John laughed, “I’ll bet next week’s paycheck that rule doesn’t apply to Penny, and if you tried, you’d wind up dead. Or worse!”

I chuckled, “Penny has a letter granting her an exception. She threatened to kill both Jamie and Elyse when she saw that policy. The same goes for the displays of affection.”

John laughed, “You two are crazy. Why didn’t you marry that chick?”

“She doesn’t share! It took a long time to find two women who would share the way Jessica and Kara do! Not to mention the age gap at the time. Six years isn’t a big deal now, but it sure was when I was 22.”

John nodded, “Well, let’s go get dinner and then get to the Igloo!”

“You don’t have to ask twice! I do need to get out of this monkey suit first. We’ll swing by the hotel and then go to dinner.”

We said ‘goodbye’ to Mario and then left the office. I changed, and we had a very good dinner. The game wasn’t nearly so much fun. Neither Lemieux nor Jágr scored, though Jágr did get an assist. The Pens had kept it close, answering each of the first two Toronto goals, but Toronto scored twice late in the game, including a power-play goal with 45 seconds to go that sealed their victory.

“Giving up two power-play goals will kill you every time,” John said as we left the Mellon Arena.

“True. But they look good overall, despite that blowout last month in Dallas.”

“That was just sick,” John said. “9-3. And they lost to the Whalers 7-2. When the defense breaks down, they suck.”

“Also true. Well, let’s hope for the best!”

“Coming back for the playoffs?”

“I’m sure going to try, but things are going to be hectic for the next two months because of my trip to Japan.”

“You’re really going to hang out in the middle of nowhere and do the The Karate Kid thing?”

I chuckled, “If Sensei Hiro tells me to paint his house, that’s what I’ll do!”

John laughed and when we reached the street, we shook hands. He headed home, and I headed back to the hotel. Rather than go up to my room, I walked to the bar to find Tara waiting for me.

“I heard on the radio,” she said when I plopped down on the barstool next to her.

“I see you ordered my drink,” I chuckled, picking up the glass of bourbon.

“I figured I’d get you drunk and take advantage of you,” Tara laughed.

“I’m not THAT easy,” I countered.

“Sad but true! It took me months to get you into bed!”

“How’s that role-reversal working out for you,” I grinned, sipping my bourbon.

“Is this what it’s like to be a guy trying to get laid?” she laughed.

“From what I hear, it’s mostly what Worf says in Star Trek - ‘Go to her door! Beg like a human!’”

“Are we THAT bad?” Tara asked.

“From personal experience? No. From what I hear from my friends, yes.”

“Have you EVER been shot down?”

“Epically, and it was the highlight of everyone’s year!” I chuckled. “I got no end of grief from my wives and friends. The thing was, I wasn’t even trying.”

“Do you EVER try?” she laughed.

“With Kara.”

“Once? Seriously?”

“Tell me what you felt when you first met me?”

“Never mind!” Tara smirked. “Those damned eyes combined with your personality, and I was ready to jump your bones that first night! I take it that happens a lot?”

“It does. In the past, I enjoyed that. Now, not so much.”

“Getting boring in your old age?” she asked with a smirk.

“Trying to find some balance.”

“So this newfound celibacy applies across the board?”

“I have no idea, to be honest. I don’t know where the balance is. Hell, I don’t even know if I’m doing the right thing.”

“Wow! I’ve never, ever seen you this indecisive or this confused. Are you sure you’re approaching this in the right way?”

“You aren’t the first person to ask that question.”

“Which should tell you something if it’s people who know you pretty well.”

Tara waved the bartender over for another round of drinks.

“Are you trying to get me into bed?” I asked.

“Actually, I don’t think that would be a good idea until you figure things out.”

“Which is pretty much what I’d decided before I called you to let you know I’d be here. I am sorry about dinner last night.”

“Don’t worry about it. Things happen. And you called from the plane as soon as you knew. I can’t imagine you ever standing someone up!”

“That’s happened once, too. But it turned out to be a good thing. It was a girl I should never have been with.”

“Even so, standing a girl up is pretty low.”

“I know. It wasn’t on purpose, but that’s still no excuse. It was a bad situation all around.”

“I take it you had a history with this girl.”

“You could say that. But let’s not talk about her.”

“If you come back for the playoffs, will you call me?”

“Sure, but no promises.”

“It’s OK. I like hanging out with you, even without the sex. You showed me that the first day.”

“I like hanging out with you, too. Even without sex.”

“You know, that just doesn’t sound the same coming from a guy,” she said with a smile.

“Probably not. And I think two is my limit tonight. Sorry I’ve been a gloomy Gus.”

“It’s my fault. I should have just left it alone.”

I shook my head, “No, you did the right thing. I promise I’ll figure it out before I come back in April.”

We hugged, I paid for our drinks, and then I went upstairs while she went back to her dorm.

March 11, 1994, Chicago, Illinois

“Is it safe to come in?” I asked when I walked in the back door of the house.

“Everyone except Jesse is down for a nap,” Amanda responded. “He’s in one of those cool chairs in the ‘Indian’ room reading.”

“Thanks,” I said, and walked over to the ‘Indian’ room.

“Hi, Jesse. How are you feeling?”

“Hi, Dad. It doesn’t itch as bad today.”

“You don’t have too many spots on your face,” I said.

“They were mostly on my chest and stomach. Birgit had more!”

I chuckled, “For once it’s OK she does something better?”

“More spots? Yes!”

“How about Matthew?”

“He had lots on his face. My little brothers and sisters don’t have spots yet.”

“Did Aunt Chess say anything about you going back to school on Monday?”

“Yes. She said I won’t have any new spots and the others will go away.”

“Good. I need to go check on the other kids.”

“They’re taking naps.”

“Amanda told me, but I’ll just peek in on them.”

“How was the hockey game?”

“They lost,” I said.

Jesse laughed, “Penguins stink!”

“Not as much as you and your friends after you come off the ice!”

Jesse smirked, “Birgit HATES it!”

“Yes she does. I’ll see you in a bit.”

He returned to his book and I went upstairs and quietly opened the door to each room to check on the kids, then went back down the great room where Amanda was listening to music playing from the stereo.

“Jesse seems to be in a good mood.”

“When Doctor Jessica told him this morning he could go to school on Monday his attitude changed. He was a real grouch before that.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.