Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 39

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 39 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

2016

We were loaded up and on the road by 8:00 a.m. A couple of hundred miles of good weather driving and we’d be there. We’d stop for coffee and snacks in Tucson and be home in four or five hours tops. I’d insisted that she shack up for the night at my place ten hours on desert roads half of them at night were too much for anybody. She’d agreed.

Since my marriage to my wonderful Rozelle, I’d had thought less and less about Stacey in a sexual or otherwise intimate way. The only thing about that, and that kind of bothered me, was the fact that she knew it and was glad. But, at least there would be no late night wishful thinking on my part; that was something.

“You need to lighten up on our daughter, David. She thinks she’s doing things right and in a way she is. She wants everybody to turn the page and begin anew. That’s all she’s about,” said Stacey, as we neared Tucson. She’d made a point of not mentioning the topic for the first hundred miles, but now she was.

“There’s too much brackish water pooling up under the bridge to just turn the page as you suggest, Stacey. Let me ask you, who do you thinks loves, loved, the most me or Ronald. Be straight with me,” I said.

“That’s unknowable, David. I know Ronald loves her very much. Do anything for her. You, well, you’ve proved your love for damn sure. For sure nobody would think of denying that,” she said.

“You think he’d have gone to prison for her? Given up all of his riches for her? Given up you for her? Tell me, Stacey, would he?”

“David, what you did was so far beyond the pale. Worth way more than money or me or anything. Since I found out about your sacrifice there has not been a day gone by that I haven’t tried to think of a way to repay you. And, I have failed in that search miserably. I’ve failed, David, because there is no way.”

“But, all of that said, do you really expect me to believe that you don’t get what your daughter is trying to do?” she said.

“Yes, I do expect you to believe me. I know you probably think that I am being childish or greedy or something, I mean demanding to be first in line with my daddyhood! But-I-am-not! Do you know yesterday when she said what she said, had the attitude that she had, you know, that take it or leave it attitude; that I had been about to accept the notion of equality between me and Ronald. But, she preempted me; you were there. When she did what she did, and said what she said, I gave up. It’s as simple as that,” I said.

“I’m going to say something that I might regret later, but I think it needs to be said. Davey, Rozelle, were she here, would not approve of your view of things. She’d support you in it, but she wouldn’t approve. I think you know it too,” she said.

“My Rozelle...” I started to break up. She noticed and realized she’d opened a very fresh wound.

“I’m sorry, Davey. I am,” said Stacey. “I didn’t mean to hurt...”

“No, no, it’s all right, and you’re probably right. But, she is not here and I am alone and I need my daughter and she isn’t there for me. I need her bad, Stacey, and she isn’t there for me in that special way that I need her. I know that maybe doesn’t mean anything to anybody but me, but it is what it is. I need to be first in her heart. Okay, maybe I am selfish, but she was all I have, and now I don’t have her and that’s all there is to it,” I said. The tears were streaming and I didn’t give a rat’s ass.

“I kinda get where you’re coming from, Davey. But, you have to know that what you are asking for, what I think you are asking for, is not logical. She is there for you, just not only you. And truthfully, would you want her to cut herself off from everyone else like that?” she said.

“No, I did not expect her to cut herself off from everyone else, as you put it, but I did expect her to let me have first place at least on her wedding day, and I couldn’t even get that! What I did get instead was attitude and an offer of at best equality with the man who screwed me over like nobody ever did! Now let me ask you, given all of that, do you think I’m being unreasonable? I mean really?”

I went silent for the while and so did she. We pulled into a burger joint on the outskirts of the city.

The burgers were good, and so were the milkshakes that we washed them down with.

We pulled into my digs, eighty minutes later. She’d never answered me.

It was only 1:30 in the afternoon when we’d finally pulled in. We unloaded my stuff, took a breath, and decided to take a walk together to kind of shake off the stiffness of being in the saddle for five hours. It was nice walking with my ex-wife and neo-friend. She was still the prettiest girl on the planet, and had become something of a sounding board for me in these latter days. She and I were long past our days of passion and conflict. But, there was still a kind of latent intimacy that neither of us would ever actually be able to shake off. Go figure.

Back at my apartment, we both kicked back for a while.

She tilted back the beer I’d gotten for her, looked at me and smiled. “You’re calmer now,” she said.

“I guess,” I said.

“You know, she’s not going to give up on you. You can expect a major something or other sooner or later,” I Stacey.

“I think you’re mistaken in that, Stace. She’s finally written me off in any major way, and I’ve resigned myself to that little reality,” I said. “It’s a bitter pill for me to swallow; I won’t kid you. I’ve done all I could for her. I ain’t got no money, and I ain’t got no more patience either. So, she’s gonna have to get her future support from her dad from now on not from good ‘ole uncle David. Like I say I ain’t got nothin’ left to give.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.